sinus007
gyso
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

hey matty/hooter

Good to see you, great post alot of NBA history, very practical you put a good spin on everything by all those comparisons, forgot how many fans must have gotten sick over seeing Red light a cigar over and over year after year. I would say Red made alot more enemies over that than Pierce with his little kneel. I think for the younger Celtic generation they would mostly like it and understand it in their own terms and way and think it was pretty cool to acknowledge a great dramatic moment of the game, finishing a game that had a struggle to overcome and his imprints all over it that was hard earned every step of the way. For a first round playoff game was dramatic and entertaining as hell to see a great player have to dig in deep to play as good as possible carrying his team on his back with so much pressure of falling behind 2-0. The younger fans now have another memory of a great game by a great player and legendary franchise, great player and team moment to share with all Celtic fans!!!!!

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Cow now the shirt, i think is as funny as heck!

but once i saw/ heard about PP's tebowing and how fans on both sides reacted, i just had to put it into a perspective that i could understand.. tebowing in itself i dont really get.

i know that when i do play basketball the last place i want the good lord directing his attention is towards the court im playing on.. i'm gonna have enuff issue's 'splaining everything else besides all the cursing under my breath i do out there. just my opionion, but i dont think God gets involved one way or another in sports (though im sure at some minor leval he;s a celtics fan.. ive seen those commercials)

anyhow, i just tried to look at things from a wider perspective..

many thought Bird was a Arsehole for the 3 pt contest remarks...

like u said, how many enemies did RED make with that cigar..

lets just imagine for a second that RED had lived to see, and was in attendence in 08 when the C's won it all... who doesnt think Red would've let up a cigar no matter what well before the 4th quarter timer read 00:00.. how many young people who've called him an old arrogent jack@$$??

times has changed, 50 yrs ago it was a victory cigar.. tuesday it was tebowing. Myself i would've preferred the cigar. But im not gonna look down on PP for the tebowing..

lets just look forward to him taking his talents down to southbeach and hopefully he can find reasons to want to tebow 4 more times in that series wether he actualy commits the act or not.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Fri May 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Forgot about those cigars until you guys mentioned it, but that puts the tebowing into perspective. Actually, I didn't think twice about it until I read others' reactions after the game. The Celts played with such heart in the fourth quarter that I was ready to kneel myself, and thank Whomever.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri May 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Matty

Big difference to me is Red did that a whole lot. Not sure when he first did it or who made it into a victory cigar moment, probably Red mentioned it himself.

PP has played how many games? and to me he hasn't done anything similar to this.

Also I want to clarify IF he'd done this at home and it was a clinching game, wouldn't have an issue but a first round game #2 ... not so much. So much lies ahead. Hopefully 15 more wins!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Beat I understand anyone that didn't like that gesture from PP. Being a huge fan of his it didn't bother me though. I think of people like Novak who has never done anything to speak of and his copying Aaron Rogers, the poses from guys when they score 4 pts in a a game, get a slam and then flex their muscles, Mutombo waving his finger, it just something pro sports has involved into. IMO. That was a lot better than wearing a bandage on his head. HA HA. You know he did say it wasn't pre scripted, just came to him. If that is true, makes it even more genuine to me. Who knows maybe it really wasn't showboating, just being thankful for what he was able to do. Your right if Lebron had done that I would have hated it. Only difference to me is PP is ours and Lebron isn't.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Actually Doc made to statements concerning it, one was "it was great" the other was something to the effect he wish he hadn't done it. That kind of makes me think that Doc liked and and he also didn't like it, for obvious reasons both ways.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 04, 2012 6:26 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Forgot about those cigars until you guys mentioned it, but that puts the tebowing into perspective. Actually, I didn't think twice about it until I read others' reactions after the game. The Celts played with such heart in the fourth quarter that I was ready to kneel myself, and thank Whomever.

Hehehe me too, exactly how I felt my Celtic brother!! onward and upward!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4