Report: Orlando wants Doc Rivers

5 posters

Go down

Report: Orlando wants Doc Rivers Empty Report: Orlando wants Doc Rivers

Post by 112288 Fri May 25, 2012 10:20 am

ESPN's Chris Broussard says the Orlando Magic want Doc Rivers:

The mere mention of Shaq, even if he turns out to be something more than a courtesy candidate, surely (and sadly) overshadows the most interesting part of Broussard's notebook-on-TV report, which revealed that the Magic's secret dream is trying to find a way to convince Doc Rivers to leave the Boston Celtics to come back to Central Florida.

Now THAT makes sense. It's the longest of long shots with Doc only just finishing Year 1 of a new five-year, $35 million contract to coach the Celts, but Orlando's thinking there is steeped in sound logic. If they could somehow convince Rivers to rejoin the Magic -- even if Doc insisted on a management-only role -- Dwight would surely be wowed. And the number of true stars in the Magic Kingdom would instantly double.

Don't have a clue how the Magic plan to convince Boston to let Doc out of his contract, but why let details get in the way? The mere idea is the smartest we've heard out of Orlando in years.

Why the hell would Doc leave a stable environment in Boston for the chaos in Orlando? The answer is he wouldn't.

The Celtics future is bright. The team is a blend of young and veteran talent. There's cap space looming this summer. If Danny Ainge plays his cards right, the Celtics will be contenders for next season and beyond.

Orlando is still being held hostage by Dwight Howard. If he goes, the organization goes into rebuilding mode. If Howard stays, I still don't see the Magic as a better team than the Celtics.

As for the possibility of Doc wanting to return home, his kids are growing up. Austin will be playing pro ball. Daughter Callie is a pro volleyball player. His youngest son, Spencer, is in high school. It's not like Doc will be packing lunches and handling car pool duties.

Doc made his intentions clear last year. He wants to be part of this organization. He's a Celtic.

Back to top Go down

Report: Orlando wants Doc Rivers Empty Re: Report: Orlando wants Doc Rivers

Post by Sam Fri May 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm glad to read that, if Danny Ainge plays his cards right, the Celtics will be contenders for next season and beyond. With so many balls in the air (from KG's and Ray's statuses to the mercurial talents of Rondo to the recuperation issues of guys like Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Mikael Pietrus, Ray Allen, Greg Stiemsma, Chris Wilcox, and even Paul Pierce, I'm reassured that Chris Broussard has virtually guaranteed continued contention for the team.

If wonder if he would be willing to guarantee a victory tomorrow night. My stomach would certainly feel better, and I'm always interested in pleasing my stomach.

For those who might be prone to viewing my comments literally, this post is written with tongue firmly in cheek.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Fri May 25, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri May 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Sam we are playing tomorrow nite aren't we, or did I miss read something.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Tardust, right you are. I'm too used to the every other night schedule. I've changed it. Thanks.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 am

Alright Sam, its TONIGHT!!!! I can't wait. Trying to get out of going to a wedding with the wife. Trying to get her to take a friend. I want to watch this one LIVE. Hope to be posting with you guys.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 pm

You're a fine addition to the board, Tardust. I hope you'll be with us tonight (let's see, tonight....yup, that's right), but the board officially frowns on divorce. You'll be with them in spirit either way. Some board members (I'm certain about one) have gone to great lengths to sneak out to parking lots, spend inordinate amounts of time in rest rooms, or otherwise found ways to get at least updates on the game. Usually, if they're at a wedding, whatever update they get, it's a convenient place to drink heavily in celebration or dejection.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat May 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks Sam, I do just ramble on sometime jumping from one topic to another without much rhyme or reason. Just whatever pops in this pea brain I have sitting on my shoulders. As luck would have it though my wife found her best friend forgot to reply back on the invitation so she couldn't go. Being the great guy that I am I offered my invitation to her so that she could attend. Basketball

Got to go hit the little round ball so I can get back in time for the game. Hope to help take on the Sixers with you guys!!!!!
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Tardust, what a guy, someone willing to give up an evening spent with your lovely wife so that her friend could attend. I am sure you will find SOMETHING to do to keep you busy!!! My Mom is 92, she has to go to a rehersal dinner for her granddaughter, but has already told them she wants to be home by 8:00--now that's a grandma!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat May 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Rosalie:

Your Mom at 92 must have a strong constitution, and be in a very alert mental state to keep up with all that at her age. She deserves a world of credit.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 26, 2012 4:07 pm

She just loves the Celtics and has for years. Her favorite players were Satch Sanders and Jerry West!! One great fan, and you wonder where I got it from? Her and my Dad!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down