Sam
bobheckler
gyso
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics could be interested in bringing back Gerald Green - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics could be interested in bringing back Gerald Green

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm

112288 wrote:Let me just add to all the chatter about Sasha being far superior then Green.

Moving forward, the Celtics cannot afford to have a short bench this year.
Players sitting on the bench for prolonged periods of time only to be called sporadically doesn't help win games, does not help in the evolution of the Celtics, post Garnett, post Pierce, and possibly post Allen.

Sasha cannot shoot for spit! He'll get hot in garbage time, then in crunch time, he'll go 0 for. Green can shoot, and if worked with by Celtic coaches on playing defense, can improve that aspect of his game. He has everything to prove for a big contract in a few years before he gets old, and that is enough of a motivation!

Just to be clear, I didn't say Sasha was superior to Green. What I said was that Sasha's defense was superior to Green's. What I meant to say, if I wasn't explicit, was that Sasha's IQ dwarfs Green's. What I suggested was that Sasha is a positive locker room presence and has been embraced by his teammates, enhancing team chemistry, and that Green's ability to do the same is an unknown.

As far as shooting goes, yes, Sasha's is inconsistent. Green can shoot.

Green is 26 years old. He has been playing professional basketball for 8 years now, and he's still a project? Getting yet another break with the Nets wasn't motivation enough for him? Apparently, NJ is less than satisfied.

Latest news is that Gerald Green is meeting with Indiana, where he would sit on the bench behind Danny Grainger and Paul George.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics could be interested in bringing back Gerald Green - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics could be interested in bringing back Gerald Green

Post by 112288 Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I know Bob. I was not hammering you.

I guess you can call it - 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other between Sasha and Green.

I think the new era Celtics will be built on speed, defense and Athletism.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

112288 wrote:I know Bob. I was not hammering you.

I guess you can call it - 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other between Sasha and Green.

I think the new era Celtics will be built on speed, defense and Athletism.

Like the lyrics of the old Meatball song goes "two out of three ain't bad.".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2