Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto

4 posters

Go down

Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto Empty Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I missed the game. No big deal given the turmoil surrounding the trades, but here is the box score.

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/games/20120719/BOSSAC/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Xmas taking over where Moore left off. 19 points on 8-15.

Sully with 10 boards but another 2-7 night. That's alright, if he just rebounds like King Kong I don't care about his scoring. We'll have Terry and Green and Lee (presumably) and possibly Xmas taking care of that on the second unit.

Some nice highlights in the video at the top of the page, if you stick with it they keep cycling through highlight after highlight.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto Empty Re: Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto

Post by gyso Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:44 am

bob,

With two of our best SL players gone, there wasn't much to watch (at least for me) in this game. I did notice that there was not many assists from our guys, none from Christmas.

What I saw mostly was a lot of dribbling around and jacking up shots. Not much in the way of team play, not much ball movement. I have ony watched the first half of the last three SL games in Las Vegas (I watched none of the other games in Orlando). I got bored with the whole thing after watching a half and the SL doesn't help with my BB Jones, now that Moore is gone. He was the only fringe player I had hopes for.

It was great to read some of the SL game comments here. It looks like the three new players taken in this years draft may stick and a couple may even get playing time in the rotation.

How long to pre-season camp and the regular season? I can't wait!!!

gyso

PS: Sorry for attributing the "bubble-butt" quote to you. I cannot find it anywhere on this board, so it must have been from someone that I really respect from another board, maybe someone like mmmmm on CelticsBlog.

Back to top Go down

Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto Empty Re: Vegas Summer League, Game 3 vs Sacto

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

gyso wrote:bob,

With two of our best SL players gone, there wasn't much to watch (at least for me) in this game. I did notice that there was not many assists from our guys, none from Christmas.

What I saw mostly was a lot of dribbling around and jacking up shots. Not much in the way of team play, not much ball movement. I have ony watched the first half of the last three SL games in Las Vegas (I watched none of the other games in Orlando). I got bored with the whole thing after watching a half and the SL doesn't help with my BB Jones, now that Moore is gone. He was the only fringe player I had hopes for.

It was great to read some of the SL game comments here. It looks like the three new players taken in this years draft may stick and a couple may even get playing time in the rotation.

How long to pre-season camp and the regular season? I can't wait!!!

gyso

PS: Sorry for attributing the "bubble-butt" quote to you. I cannot find it anywhere on this board, so it must have been from someone that I really respect from another board, maybe someone like mmmmm on CelticsBlog.

gyso,

It looks like Joseph is wilting a bit under the brighter lights and stiffer competition in Vegas. Then again, who know what lingering effect the hyperextension of his knee might have had.

If nobody's passing, that's Tyrone Lue's fault. His job is to channel them into coherency. For just about all of this summer league he has succeeded splendidly doing that, but not last night apparently.

bob
P.S. Don't worry about the bubble-butt thing. I've had far worse things associated and directed at me than that. Besides, it really is something I might actually say. Or at least mutter under my breath.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Watched most of it. Made a nice run to tie it at the half but not much else. 15-30 from the line......... seems the SU effect is rubbing off.

Speaking of which Melo hurt his left wrist in a freak way. Bumped it into the side of Jimmer Fredette and almost imeadiately grabbed it, was soon of to the locker room with Lacerte came back later with a big ice pack on it. Sprain??? perhaps hopefully nothing serious. Lotta bones in there, I sprained mine many years ago and it took a long time to heal.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:01 pm

BUBBLEBUTT!!!!!

there, now we know someone here said it! Wink LOL
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

beat wrote:Watched most of it. Made a nice run to tie it at the half but not much else. 15-30 from the line......... seems the SU effect is rubbing off.

Speaking of which Melo hurt his left wrist in a freak way. Bumped it into the side of Jimmer Fredette and almost imeadiately grabbed it, was soon of to the locker room with Lacerte came back later with a big ice pack on it. Sprain??? perhaps hopefully nothing serious. Lotta bones in there, I sprained mine many years ago and it took a long time to heal.

beat

beat,

Yeah, wrist and ankle sprains (hell, just about any sprain since they're all at joints) take a long time to heal. Fortunately, we only have one more summer league game, he's a lock for the roster and then he'll have 2 months or so to rest it. It's a wrist, so he can limit his use. If it was an ankle, it's hard not to walk on it some. Also, a sprained wrist won't stop you from running and doing your cardio.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down