k_j_88
beat
bobheckler
worcester
Sam
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Empty Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

It is once again time to consider members of Sam's Celtics Forum for induction to our Hall of Fame, known as the "Jeb Award."  This tradition began in 2011, with the induction of the only Charter Member the Hall of Fame will ever have—John "Jeb" Johnson—our much beloved, folksy Jeb, who passed away not long after his induction (but not before receiving a trophy from us).  You may read about Jeb and see a photo of his trophy in the forum (listed on our home page) entitled, "Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame."  It's Jeb's photo that you see in Bob Heckler's avatar.  (By the way, just for clarification, the trophy was a one-time thing, as we are a non-budget organization.)

The Hall of Fame election procedure is as follows:

• Each year, Forum members who are deemed by the membership to have made particularly significant contributions to the Forum over the previous 12 months will be inducted.

• During the summer of each year, a thread will be started, calling for nominations for this year’s candidates.  (That's this thread.) Each member may submit not more than three (3) nominations.

• After three days, nominations will be closed, and a poll will be conducted to select the five finalists for this year.

• After another three days, the five top vote-getters with a minimum of three votes apiece (more than five in case of ties) will be declared finalists, and a poll will be run to select two Hall of Fame inductees for this year. Each member may vote for not more than two of the finalists.

• The top two vote-getters (with a minimum of three votes apiece) will be inducted into Sam’s Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

• The main criterion for nominations is that a nominee should have made what you consider significant contributions to Sam's Hall of Fame.  It shouldn't matter how often you agree with his or her opinions; it's the significance of his/her contributions that should count.

This thread is where you can nominate up to three (3) board members.  Within three days, the candidates will all be listed in the form of a poll to select the five finalists.

Within another three days, the top five vote-getters (more in case of ties) will be declared finalists.  Within another three days, a poll will be run to determine the winners.  Each member may vote for no more than two of the finalists, and the two finalists receiving the most votes (with a minimum of at least three votes) will be inducted into Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

The current members of our Hall of Fame are:

John "Jeb" Johnson—our only Charter Member (2011)

Gyso, NYCelt, Pete and Sam—Founding Members (2011)

Beat (2011)
BobC33 (2011)
BobHeckler (2011)
Outside (2011)
RosalieTCeltics (2011)

112288 (2012)
Cowens (2012)
Dboss (2012)
Matty (2012)
Mrkleen (2012)

Steve3344 (2013)
Worcester (2013)

Three additional members are automatically candidates this year by virtue of having been finalists last year: Berlin-T, Swede and Swish.  So there is no need to re-nominate any of those three, as they will automatically be on the list of nominees this year.

The deadline for nominations will be Thursday, July 10, 2014, at midnight.  If, for any reason, you'd prefer to keep your nominations anonymous, just send them to me via Private Message, and I'll add them to the list.

Thank you for participating.  And good luck to everyone.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Empty Re: Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame

Post by worcester Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

SwedeinEstonia and BerlinT- for the International flavor and insight they bring to the Forum
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Empty Re: Call for Nominations to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 pm

I don't usually vote on this issue but this year I have a clear favorite in mind.

I nominate KJ.  

I think it is fair to say I've generated a few threads over this past year.  I don't create threads just because I like to see my name, I do it to stimulate thoughts, opinions and responses by board members.  Nobody consistently comments on threads as much as KJ.  I can always count on him to read the post and make some kind of thoughtful response. He is tempermentally even, hoops-knowledgable and prolific.

As someone with a clinically-diagnosable thread-creating obsession, that's what floats my boat.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:49 pm

bobheckler wrote:I don't usually vote on this issue but this year I have a clear favorite in mind.

I nominate KJ.  

I think it is fair to say I've generated a few threads over this past year.  I don't create threads just because I like to see my name, I do it to stimulate thoughts, opinions and responses by board members.   Nobody consistently comments on threads as much as KJ.  I can always count on him to read the post and make some kind of thoughtful response.  He is tempermentally even, hoops-knowledgable and prolific.

As someone with a clinically-diagnosable thread-creating obsession, that's what floats my boat.

bob

Sam needs a like button !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Only if my wife can push it, Beat!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Bob,

Do you actually initiate threads? I hadn't known that. LOL. Your previous election to our Hall of Fame should get ratified every year for all you do for this Forum.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Worcester, Swede and Berlin are already automatic nominees because they were finalists last year. So you get a mulligan on nominations if you care to use it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks Sam. I'll second the nomination of KJ.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm certainly honored by the votes of confidence here, I do appreciate them greatly  Basketball 

With that said, I would like to nominate International and hawknestbeach.

International presents topics that might otherwise not be known, and hawknestbeach provides lucid but very thoughtful posts that are rooted in a logical basis.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

KJ for sure! He keeps us going at times when things are down. A natural born Celtic Fan. Great choice
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I nominate KJ, dbrown and sinus.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

I nominate Swish, Berlin and KJ.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Sam, I forgot to give two more, so I will definitely nominate Berlin, and brown along with KJ
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys.  Just to recap, the names placed in nomination so far (either on the board or by private message) include:

Berlin (automatic nominee as a finalist last year)
Swede (automatic nominee as a finalist last year)
Swish (automatic nominee as a finalist last year)
D. Brown
KJ
Sinus
TJ Makz
International
Hawksnestbeach

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:55 am

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:02 pm

kj, dbrown & sinus. It is really difficult to pick just 3, as just about everyone here makes this board what it is.
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Pete, a couple of years ago, I received some complaints that we were making it too easy for everyone to get in. Given that we probably don't have more than 50 regular contributors, there is a finite ceiling of deserving members from which to draw. So, I hope people won't feel we're being exclusionary in placing the annual limits that we've concocted.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Completely understand Sam. My comments were meant to compliment the quality of our members.
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 pm

pete wrote:kj, dbrown & sinus

That would make you . . . re-pete?  Basketball 

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:14 pm

gyso,

Great minds think alike.
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Ayuh!

(that's Maine-iac for Yes!)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Since Worcester, Swede and Berlin are automatic, I'll say Sinus, KJ and D. Brown. Hmmm...Seems like I read that somewhere before. Nah, probably not.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Yup, you heard it before, NYCelt, but there can never be enough praise heaped on the members of this board.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 pm

worse!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next