Outside
Sam
tjmakz
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

bob

Orlando is playing well right now, Big Baby is playing better than a few years ago, I'm surprised at that one and Affalo is improving too. The team has some decent young talent as I also like their 1st round draft pick. Howard is now playing with a bunch of old, slow injured players....D'Antoni is not a good coach for this team, Steven A was saying same thing you said about the top is where Lakers are in trouble, and we all know you can't win in this league without defense.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:anyone see the Laker game? so now they're 8-9, Dwight Howards defense has never been so inconsequential, saw terrible pick and roll defense all game. D'Antoni proving his rep as a bad defensive coach is very deserving, so many holes on defensive end, back end, perimeter.....I don't see this getting better, they're defense gonna only get worse when Nash gets back.

Gasol has to be playing hurt. Reports were that he had tendinitis in both knees. He can't be healthy and playing this badly unless he's lost all motivation for whatever reason. He's now gone six straight games without scoring more than 13 points or having a single double-digit game in rebounds, averaging 9 points, 7.7 rebounds and only shooting 36% in that span. Can't believe he could be losing it this quickly at 32 years old but, at some point, your knees just can't take it anymore. And you never know what that's gonna be. Look at Brandon Roy.

just heard Steven A on First Take rant that Lakers problems start at top with Jim Buss decision to hire D'Antoni, saying that hes a coach who preaches his system over whatever strengths or weaknesses the personel may have and he said Pau Gasol is an all star caliber PF that needs to get touches down low, that D'Antoni has turned him into an outside jump shooter.....the guy is not a stretch 4. D'Antoni wrong/bad move for this franchise, that he doesn't care about defense.

cow,

I'm sorry to hear this. I hate agreeing with Steven A(sshole) Smith. I might have to re-examine the basic tenets of my life now.

bob

Steven A. is shortsighted and only looking at the Lakers as of today.
He has a job and that job is to be controversial.

We all know Pau isn't a stretch 4.
LA can't build their team around Pau's strengths.
They have to build their team around Nash and Howard's strengths.
Kobe will be fine in any system.
Pau will most likely be traded for a number of reasons.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:48 pm

With Boston's serious rebounding issues, do you think Boston regrets trading BBD for Bass? BBD is averaging 16 ppg and over 8 rpg.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 pm

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:anyone see the Laker game? so now they're 8-9, Dwight Howards defense has never been so inconsequential, saw terrible pick and roll defense all game. D'Antoni proving his rep as a bad defensive coach is very deserving, so many holes on defensive end, back end, perimeter.....I don't see this getting better, they're defense gonna only get worse when Nash gets back.

Gasol has to be playing hurt. Reports were that he had tendinitis in both knees. He can't be healthy and playing this badly unless he's lost all motivation for whatever reason. He's now gone six straight games without scoring more than 13 points or having a single double-digit game in rebounds, averaging 9 points, 7.7 rebounds and only shooting 36% in that span. Can't believe he could be losing it this quickly at 32 years old but, at some point, your knees just can't take it anymore. And you never know what that's gonna be. Look at Brandon Roy.

just heard Steven A on First Take rant that Lakers problems start at top with Jim Buss decision to hire D'Antoni, saying that hes a coach who preaches his system over whatever strengths or weaknesses the personel may have and he said Pau Gasol is an all star caliber PF that needs to get touches down low, that D'Antoni has turned him into an outside jump shooter.....the guy is not a stretch 4. D'Antoni wrong/bad move for this franchise, that he doesn't care about defense.

cow,

I'm sorry to hear this. I hate agreeing with Steven A(sshole) Smith. I might have to re-examine the basic tenets of my life now.

bob

TJ,

"We all know Pau isn't a stretch 4". Apparently the Lakers Head Coach disagrees, since that's how he's playing him. Whose fault is it if a player is being used in a way that everybody knows he's not most effective in?

"LA can't build their team around Pau's strengths." Boston built its team around the strength of its all-stars, when Howard was in Orlando SVG built his team around his all-stars (D12 and Turk, predominantly) and Spoelstra built his team around his all-stars. That's why you have all-stars, so you can build the team around them. The Lakers could have a Big 4, except that Antoni doesn't see Gasol that way.

"They have to build their team around Nash and Howard's strengths". Not Kobe's? Build a team around a soon-to-be 39 year old point guard?

"Kobe will be fine in any system". Kobe has only played in two systems, Phil's and Mike's, and his team isn't doing well in Mike's. Yes, I know his individual stats are still quite good, but how well is he fitting into Mike's system? To be honest, I haven't watched enough Laker basketball to see how much of Kobe's production is just him taking over, like we have seen him do many times over the years, and how much is him producing out of the system. Is Kobe playing well in Antoni's system, or is it KoMe?

"Pau will most likely be traded for a number of reasons." I agree. Of course, they will get less for a 32 year old with tendonitis in both knees but it is what it is. Between Antoni's unhappiness with his play and Kobe's brutal "put your big boy pants on" comment, I think it's safe to say Gasol's tenure in purple-and-gold is coming to an end.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

tjmakz wrote:With Boston's serious rebounding issues, do you think Boston regrets trading BBD for Bass? BBD is averaging 16 ppg and over 8 rpg.

TJ,

Big Baby is probably the only solid rebounder on that team. That's why he's .9rpg/36mpg more this season than last season. Take away Howard's rebounds and that means there's more for other players. Considering how many rebounds Howard got, is BBD sucking up significantly more in his absence? It doesn't look like it. When he was in Boston his rebounding was much lower than it has been in Orlando. Do you trade a player based upon what you are getting out of them and expect to get out of them in the future, or what you think they might get with another team? Ppg scoring-wise, he's having his best year, but he's still only shooting 43%. What's way up is his fga/game. Do I regret giving up a player who is taking more shots but only hitting 43% on them? No.

I do miss seeing KG making him cry though.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:29 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:

cow,

bob

TJ,

"We all know Pau isn't a stretch 4". Apparently the Lakers Head Coach disagrees, since that's how he's playing him. Whose fault is it if a player is being used in a way that everybody knows he's not most effective in?

"LA can't build their team around Pau's strengths." Boston built its team around the strength of its all-stars, when Howard was in Orlando SVG built his team around his all-stars (D12 and Turk, predominantly) and Spoelstra built his team around his all-stars. That's why you have all-stars, so you can build the team around them. The Lakers could have a Big 4, except that Antoni doesn't see Gasol that way.

"They have to build their team around Nash and Howard's strengths". Not Kobe's? Build a team around a soon-to-be 39 year old point guard?

"Kobe will be fine in any system". Kobe has only played in two systems, Phil's and Mike's, and his team isn't doing well in Mike's. Yes, I know his individual stats are still quite good, but how well is he fitting into Mike's system? To be honest, I haven't watched enough Laker basketball to see how much of Kobe's production is just him taking over, like we have seen him do many times over the years, and how much is him producing out of the system. Is Kobe playing well in Antoni's system, or is it KoMe?

"Pau will most likely be traded for a number of reasons." I agree. Of course, they will get less for a 32 year old with tendonitis in both knees but it is what it is. Between Antoni's unhappiness with his play and Kobe's brutal "put your big boy pants on" comment, I think it's safe to say Gasol's tenure in purple-and-gold is coming to an end.

bob

bob,

1) Howard and Gasol are the most effective on the low box. You can't have two low box players and run D'Antoni's system. I don't think you can have two low box players anyway. Why is the focus so much on what Gasol is not doing under D'Antoni's system but nobody is talking about how well MWP is performing? He is averaging more ppg then Gasol is.
2) Orlando built their team around Dwight because he was the only superstar on the team. Orlando tried to play similar to D'Antoni's Suns teams and ultimately, it didn't work, though Orlando came very close to winning the championship in 2009.
3) Kobe would excel in the triangle, princeton, D'Antoni's offense, any type of offense. Nash is the one that will make the players much better, not Kobe. Nash is still a very good, borderline all-star player who can run an offense as good as any pg in the league.
4) Kobe has played great this whole season. He is making an effort to get closer to the basket and is not shooting nearly as many contested 20-25 foot jump shots. He is still the best SG in the league.
5) A big part of Pau's problems is on Pau. There is a reason why Kobe gets on him so often. He doesn't bring the effort, all game, every game. He might be hesitant too because of the pain in his knees. Pau just doesn't want to run up and down the court much anymore. Despite being 4 years older then Pau, Jamison is in much better condition then Pau and is a much better fit for LA's offense.
6) Pau should be traded for 2 or 3 players that fit better for the Lakers. LA needs depth, and that could be made possible with a trade for Pau. Pau will be able to help another team if he can play center and stay on the low box.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Nash is the one that will make the players much better, not Kobe. Nash is still a very good, borderline all-star player who can run an offense as good as any pg in the league.

TJ this remains to be seen...................38 going on???......with a significant leg injury.... (as good as any point in the league) really?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

beat wrote: Nash is the one that will make the players much better, not Kobe. Nash is still a very good, borderline all-star player who can run an offense as good as any pg in the league.

TJ this remains to be seen...................38 going on???......with a significant leg injury.... (as good as any point in the league) really?

beat

Nash's injury is not a significant leg injury.
It is more of an annoyance that takes a while to heal.

Yes, I think Nash can run an offense as good as anyone in the league.
He is not physicall gifted as most others but is as skilled as any pg.
Nash is light years ahead of every point guard that has worn a Lakers uniform since Kobe has been on the team.

Age will be a factor at some point with Nash but he played fantastic as a 38 year old last season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I don't want to come across like I feel that as soon as Nash is on the court, LA is the favorite to win the championship. They have to prove that they can beat OKC, Miami, SA and other younger, Western Conference teams.

LA has a lot of work to do and probably more roster tweaking in order to be a championship contender.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Significant to keep him out for .................. how long has it been already and who knows how much longer it will be? Been 15 games already I think.

Think that is quite significant in that he recently stated he can't even run yet.

we shall see but I believe whatever he can do on offense will be more than negated by lack of defense. In the very brief time he did play he only got 8 assists in 50 minutes.

Time will tell. Always does.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm

beat,

If you or anyone else has watched Blake, Morris or Duhon play defense in Nash's absence, you would have seen that the pg defense has been every bit as bad as their offense. Thye stop nobody going into the lane. I am very disappointed in the way Morris has played as the starter, especially defensively. Steve's defense will not cancel out what he will do on offense. His shooting alone will make LA's offense so much better then it has been. I can't think of any team in the NBA that has has worse pg play then the Lakers have had this year.

Steve's 2 games under Brown's triangle offense won't mean anything when he comes back under D'Antoni's offense.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:21 pm

tjmakz wrote:Howard and Gasol are the most effective on the low box. You can't have two low box players and run D'Antoni's system. I don't think you can have two low box players anyway.
You can have two effective post players, depending on the skills of the post players, and Pau's skills allow for that. In fact, they already have, with Bynum and Pau in the triangle. They don't have to both be in the low post. You can do a high-low post or even set one up in the mid-post on the strong side and the other in the low post on the weak side. Given proper spacing by the other guys, the defense would be forced to use three guys to guard Dwight and Pau, leaving open outside shooters, or two guys on Dwight and Pau, creating a mismatch inside.

I don't know D'Antoni's system other than 1) get it up the court to get opportunities before the defense sets up; 2) lots of three-pointers; and 3) a heavy dose of pick-and-roll, but I find it hard to believe that D'Antoni is rigidly stuck in the "8 seconds or less" offense and won't adapt his offensive principles to take advantage of the Lakers' roster, including Gasol. As I said a week or so ago on a thread discussing rumors about Gasol for Bargnani/DeRozan or Amare, Pau seems like a natural fit in the pick-and-roll with Nash, either as the screener Nash works off of or as a secondary option when he moves to the gaps and seams inevitably created when Howard rolls to the basket and gets a double-team. Pau has great hands, finds those openings well, can shoot the mid-range jumper, can shoot well with either hand around the basket, and is a very good passer -- all of which are skills that they can exploit in the pick-and-roll game, including when both Gasol and Howard are in.

But there are several keys:

• Nash. We can't see how the pick-and-roll game works until Nash comes back.

• Pau's knees. Having watched the Lakers a couple of times, it is obvious that he is affected by the tendonitis. He has no lift, quickness, or explosion. He's surviving for now on guile and the outside shot, and his outside shot isn't falling. He'll either have to improve with the treatment he's getting or they'll have to shut him down for a while or reduce his practice workload, play him fewer minutes, and/or sit him on back-to-backs. In any case, his effectiveness will be compromised until his knees improve, regardless of exhortations by Kobe to suck it up.

• D'Antoni's willingness to adapt the offense to exploit Pau's skills. I've been giving D'Antoni the benefit of the doubt so far because players from the Olympic team and others who have worked with him speak so highly of him. The impression I get is that he's an offensive wiz, but not married to a particular system like Paul Westhead or Phil Jackson. To me, this will be the true test -- making this work for Pau. If D'Antoni can't do that, then he's just a system guy.

Given the short window of opportunity with Nash and Kobe, Pau's age isn't a liability in my view, and you're never going to get anything close to his (healthy) value in a trade. Why get the unexpected bonus of trading for Nash and Howard without losing Pau and then trade that bonus away? I'm on the "Jim Buss is a tool" bandwagon again, so I suppose that's a possibility, but I'm not on the "Jim Buss is a total idiot" bandwagon -- yet. To me, if they trade Pau, I'll be a charter member of the "both Jim Buss and D'Antoni are total idiots" bandwagon.

beat wrote:Time will tell. Always does.
Yes, indeed.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:40 pm

If LA trades Pau it most likely will be for players that are more athletic and will make less money next season.

Some people say that LA is too old and non-athletic. Pau is a big part of that.
Some people say that if LA trades Pau Jim Buss will be an idiot.
It seems to me, that we can't have it both ways.

I feel LA's best move is to get younger, more athletic and better shooters.

Pau had a lousy post-season in both of the last two years.
It's time that Pau's talents are shipped to another city.
I expect that to happen near 12/15 or after Nash returns.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Tendinitis caught up to him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-forward-gasol-knee-tendinitis-001713503--nba.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 pm

It's a good day when two division rivals (the Nets and Philly) both lose at home (though without Bynum not many people are taking the Sixers seriously), and also when both Miami and the Lakers lose. Heat surprisingly lost to the woeful Wizards and LA blew a 17 point lead to Houston on a night when Harden shot an atrocious 3 for 19. And LA still couldn't win. Laker bench outscored 59-20 (with Gasol out and Jamison starting, plus both Nash and Blake hurt, they have no bench at all). Dwight goes 8 for 16 from the line and if he just goes 10 for 16 they're still playing as LA loses by 2. Rockets shoot 37% and still win.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Lakers lost again on a night Harden had a terrible shooting night, whack a Dwight key to the comeback, then when Lakers were permitted to run an offense 4 guys stood around and you know who took all the shots, he bricked them all last 2 minutes, saw no sight of the D'Antoni offense at all in 4th quarter, seems defense is not his only problem. Rockets got wide open looks for perimeter shots and some big named Smith scored a career high on feeds close to the basket from penetrating players, this will continue when Nash gets back.

tj Gasol was the starting PF/C on a team that went to 3 Finals in a row, besides Bynum and Gasol playing together, Parish and McHale were 2 other lowpost scorers that played and played well together, it can be done and has been done very well. I don't always agree with Stephen A, but he knows the game and the more detailed point he made was Gasol is a skilled proven lowpost 7 foot scorer, hes got great hands, you get him the ball 10 feet from the basket and in and he can score and pass in a variety of ways, its a proven fact.....what you don't do is make him an outside shooting stretch 4!!!
and when is a fractured leg not a serous injury for a 39 year old point guard? what planet are you from?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 am

Dwight Howard just said we, the team, lost because of defense, okay big guy glad were in agreement....is there anybody in the organization or players/coaches that have any clue how to stop the bleeding at all or a little bit?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Dwight Howard just said we, the team, lost because of defense, okay big guy glad were in agreement....is there anybody in the organization or players/coaches that have any clue how to stop the bleeding at all or a little bit?

To quote one of my favorite bands: Let It Bleed.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Lakers lost again on a night Harden had a terrible shooting night, whack a Dwight key to the comeback, then when Lakers were permitted to run an offense 4 guys stood around and you know who took all the shots, he bricked them all last 2 minutes, saw no sight of the D'Antoni offense at all in 4th quarter, seems defense is not his only problem. Rockets got wide open looks for perimeter shots and some big named Smith scored a career high on feeds close to the basket from penetrating players, this will continue when Nash gets back.

tj Gasol was the starting PF/C on a team that went to 3 Finals in a row, besides Bynum and Gasol playing together, Parish and McHale were 2 other lowpost scorers that played and played well together, it can be done and has been done very well. I don't always agree with Stephen A, but he knows the game and the more detailed point he made was Gasol is a skilled proven lowpost 7 foot scorer, hes got great hands, you get him the ball 10 feet from the basket and in and he can score and pass in a variety of ways, its a proven fact.....what you don't do is make him an outside shooting stretch 4!!!
and when is a fractured leg not a serous injury for a 39 year old point guard? what planet are you from?

You mentioned "some big named Smith" scored a career high. This guy - Greg Smith - is an undrafted 6'10" forward who with his new career high of 21 points against LA tonight still hasn't scored 100 points IN HIS LIFE. That's how out of the blue his performance was. Amazing. He now has 99 career points in his resume. Gotta love it. He also swished two critical free throws with 15 seconds to go to push it to a four point lead and virtually seal the deal.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:11 am

I watched some of the Laker game last night, after the Brooklyn-OKC game was over. They kept rotating the scores in a little box in the lower left so I was able to watch the score regularly, just not see the play.

I thought it was over when LA had a big lead and half the 4th was gone. And then the lead shrank and shrank and...

Let me say that if I were a Laker fan I'd feel pretty proud this morning. They are playing without Gasol, Nash and Blake. Despite this, they were only one bucket away from winning. When we lost to Milwaukee we were still talking about the effort, remember?

My Laker fan friend Will tried to, over the summer, tell me that Dwight Howard almost single-handedly won the championship for Orlando a few years ago. I tried to tell him it was Turk who did that and Howard was the one who lost it for them with his free throw shooting. Unfortunately, with Will, when he has his purple-and-gold goggles on he can't see for shit. Clearly, Howard's free throw shooting has had a significant impact on every team he has been on. Yes, he's scoring and rebounding, but he cannot touch the ball in crunch time without the Lakers running a very big chance of having an empty possession and that puts a huge amount of pressure on Kobe, who is playing great using not much more than guts, grit and guile. As pointed out by another poster, if Howard had shot 10-16 (62.5%) from the line they'd have gone into OT. What's truly pathetic is that the 50% he did shoot is an improvement over his season-to-date 47%.

The Rockets outscored LA in the paint. Most people think of points in the paint as the big guys hammering it home, but they also come from a porous perimeter defense that allows the ball to penetrate. As TJ pointed out, this will not get better when Nash returns. Porous perimeter defense puts more pressure on your baseline defenders and you see that with all the fouls Howard picks up on a regular basis now. I am NOT a fan of SVG, but he did have his players playing better perimeter defense, which protected Howard more, than Antoni is. Howard said their defense was not good, but Houston only shot 38% for the game, but they had 101 fgas. 18 TOs and 18 fast break points by Houston hurt.

If Howard's upset with the defense, his problem is with his head coach, his back court and the diminishment of athleticism in the Lakers at this time.

As far as Pau goes, I don't know what cures tendonitis besides rest. I suppose a steroid shot would, but that's always a last resort. Trading him when he's hobbled is not negotiating from a position of strength and trading him when he's healthy is trading away one of the best 4s in the game with a few good years left on him. The time to trade him was a year or two ago. It's like the Celtics trying to trade KG or Pierce now. They still have game, but for how long? Unless you are that one key piece away from the Finals and a Championship, what team would trade players of value for them? At 32, how many more years will Pau play for, and any team that gets him this year won't get full value this year because of his tendonitis.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I will reply to some of cowens and bob's points, but I want to first say that it is getting a little old trying to defend the Lakers. They have been plagued by effort and execution issues. The last month plus had been non-stop talk about Howard's back, Nash's back, the triangle offense, the win-less pre-season, Nash's leg injury, Brown being fired, the Phil Jackson mess, the controversy over D'Antoni being hired, Dwight's FT shooting, Pau's knees and effort, Kobe calling out Pau, starting the 3rd and 4th string pg's, the mounting losses, leading the league in turnovers, etc... Am I missing anything? (Don't tell me if I am).

In last night's game, the main reasons they lost was the offensive rebounds they gave up and the turnovers. LA leads the lead in TO/game and is 2nd to last in TO differential. Last night LA started Jamison and Duhon and also brought Earl Clark in as part of the rotation. You can tell their spacing was way off trying to rebound on the defensive end. Much of that was due to players not being familiar with each other. Hack a Howard is not why LA lost but that put Houston over the top.

cowens said that Kobe bricked all of his shots in the last 2 minutes. That is just not true. Kobe made a basket with 59 seconds left to bring LA within 2 and then hit a 3 pointer with 13 seconds left to bring them within 1. Cowens was way off on his comparing Parish and McHale and to Dwight and Pau. Parish and McHale were very good face to the basket shooters from within 15 feet. A better comparison to Parish and McHale would be Olajuwon and Sampson. Dwight cannot hit 15 foot jump shots like those guys could. Dwight's only offensive moves are with his back to the basket or driving to the basket. Yes, Pau has helped the Lakers win 2 championships but he is also a big reason why they tanked in the playoffs over the last two years. If LA can bring in two younger players who are more athletic and better shooters, I absolutely think LA should trade Pau. I still feel that Nash's injury is not serious. A small crack in a bone is not a serious injury. When it is healed, it is healed. That is not true for knee or ankle injuries.

The Lakers have played 3 games this year in which the winner won by fewer then 5 points. LA is 0-3 in those games. Decent FT shooting would have won all of those games.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm

And who do you think will trade 2 young players for oldish damaged goods? Even if the salaries fall in line.

And Nashs injury is serious enough to keep him out for who knows how long.....and being older makes the healing process a tad bit longer too. So now your the team Dr too I see.........when it is healed it's healed........LMAO

Small crack in a bone that supports you standing and running to a great degree, is not serious? So he may miss 30, 35 ??? 40 games??? So when does it become "serious"?

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm

TJ,

You have to expect to defend the Lakers. After all, Celtics fans have nothing to worry about when it comes to the Celtics, seeing as how the Celts have started 17-0 and will probably clinch the division title within the next week-or-so. LOL

Please note that I typed "LOL" above. That automatically means no one can criticize this post.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 pm

sam wrote:TJ,

You have to expect to defend the Lakers. After all, Celtics fans have nothing to worry about when it comes to the Celtics, seeing as how the Celts have started 17-0 and will probably clinch the division title within the next week-or-so. LOL

Please note that I typed "LOL" above. That automatically means no one can criticize this post.

Sam

This thread now has over 1000 views and 123 posts. This is pretty amazing considering it doesn't have anything to do with the Celtics and this is a Celtics board.

If we were 17-0 my guess would be there'd be much less. MUCH less.

While I'm all in favor of discussing the Lakers (and any other team) in an analytical type of way I think the inclusion of schadenfreude is a bit premature. Other than the two regular season meetings between the two teams we don't run into them until the Finals. Assuming we both make it to the Finals. To do that, we need to get past the World Champion Miami Heat, who are starting out 12-4, tying them with NYK for 1st place in the east.

We don't have any Miami Heat fans on this board that I'm aware of, so I suspect any comparable Miami thread wouldn't generate anywhere near as much volume since nobody would push back.

That's a shame, since Doc is right when he said his focus is on Miami. If we should be feeling schadenfreude for any team, and dwelling on their ups and downs, it should be for the Heat. #18 almost certainly goes through South Beach and perhaps not through Inglewood.

bob - LOL

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm

I agree with TJ that Nash's leg injury shouldn't be a big deal in the long run. It's a crack at the top of the fibula, the small bone in the lower leg, not the tibia, which is the main weight-bearing bone. It's not a displaced fracture. The crack is at the top of the bone by the knee, which is far better than being at the bottom, where it's involved in complex connections in the ankle.

It's non-displaced, not in the major weight-bearing bone, and doesn't involve any ligaments, tendons, or other soft tissue. Once it's healed, he should be fine.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next