Outside
Sam
tjmakz
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am

Amazing school, including athletics.

Two of my HS football teammates went there, one was also a baseball teammate. Needless to say they had nearly perfect academic records and that's why they attended. Being top athletes rounded out their resume for the school, however. Considering Princeton never gets the top athletic talent, since that's not what their primary mission is, they're highly competitive in many sports. They've had several notable alumni go on to play professionally in a number of sports/leagues.

No surprise they would be a source for new ideas on the fields and courts as high as the NFL and NBA. It shows that brains do count.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by Sam Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am

NYCelt,

Whether or not said brains are widely replicated on NBA courts and translated to high basketball IQs would make for an interesting discussion. By the way, our old friend Dslack teaches at Princeton. I believe he has a Doctorate in astro-physics, which I probably didn't even spell correctly.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 am

beat wrote:Certainly you have time to get better in November more so than May BUT............... that said when the numbers begin to line up at the end of the year for seeding purposes a loss now counts every bit as much as a loss in May. They really are not meaningless.

And Bob I don't think you want to look like Einstein............. he's been dead for a few years and I assume your very much alive. ( just don't let Steve Blake read your posts) Ah hell if he tries to shoot you he'd miss anyway.

Bob, I just gotta wonder, did Steve Blake steal your car, forge your ID, rape your children, or your dog (or both), drink milk straight from the jug out of your fridge, track mud on your new carpet or burn your house down or something?

beat

beat,

If Blake did those things, there'd be avenues of recourse available: the judicial system (BOY, would I love for you to be his parole officer!), poisoning my milk and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs leading to the fridge for him, blowing up his car with his kid and dog in it. As it is, we just have to watch him play basketball and that's cruel and unusual punishment being inflicted on innocent people.

What's my beef with Steve Blake? Probably the same ones TJ has.

Other than the fact that Blake is slower than snail shit in winter, can't pass, can't rebound (2.6rpg this year), can't run an offense (3.6apg this year, despite playing 29mpg), isn't a good defender and can't shoot anything except face-up 3s (35% fg%, 44% from 3 this year, which means that if you take the 3ptrs out his 2pt fg% is pure excrement)? His lifetime blocks/game average is a joke .1/game. He's not even doing that with 0 blocks so far. What's my beef with Steve Blake?

There are good players, like Dionte Christmas, who are jumping through hoops of fire to get into the NBA and this player, who has never had a good year in 9 years, has a multi-year contract on a good team.

I'm not a Schadenfreude type of guy. Misery might love company, but that doesn't mean he deserves to get it. Just because Blake is a Laker doesn't make me happy (although there is a certain poetic symmetry to the backcourt pairing of a hyper-competitive perfectionist like Kobe with "Larry Fine" Blake).

And yes, I still am very much alive. Thanks for noticing. :-) As far as looking better than Einstein, time will fix that.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am

According to ESPN-LA, an unsuccessful homestand (5 games coming up against GSW (without Bogut and Brandon Rush), Sacto, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, Brooklyn) will put Mike Brown's job in "immediate jeopardy".

LA should beat at least 3 if not 4 of these teams.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Bob

slower than snail shit in winter...........

Jeb would love it!!

Funny you mention shit and my job..... this very afternoon I have to go out to see a local farmer who is accused of damaging a country road..... and you guessed it.... FOR SPREADIND MANURE on the highway.

now in over 25 years this is a first !!

Can life get any better??

DA wants him in jail??? I think I need to retire very soon !!
(District Attorney NOT our Danny Ainge)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Sam,

I haven't heard anything about Dslack in what must be more than a year. I wonder where he wandered off to? I'm sure he'd add some commentary about the Princeton Offense; from courtside!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Beat,

It might be a good time to use a sick day...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:18 pm

NYCelt wrote:Beat,

It might be a good time to use a sick day...

But I'm already here !! Too late for that ! They know i'm not "sick" at least no in the way you mean !

Nice idea though !

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

NY Celt,

Well, dslack still has his own forum with two members (Moolkitron and Nick Faldo whom we banned. Both Mool and dslack are members of our forum but almost never post here.

http://celticshub.com/celticsboard/viewforum.phpf=2&sid=114fb6bbbdcdb5ae48ec26b6a01bb9e7
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Brown fired:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-fired-as-lakers-coach/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi,
Good for LAL.
Now they have to find someone who can make it work.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

beat wrote:Bob

slower than snail shit in winter...........

Jeb would love it!!

Funny you mention shit and my job..... this very afternoon I have to go out to see a local farmer who is accused of damaging a country road..... and you guessed it.... FOR SPREADIND MANURE on the highway.

now in over 25 years this is a first !!

Can life get any better??

DA wants him in jail??? I think I need to retire very soon !!
(District Attorney NOT our Danny Ainge)

beat
Dang Beat, that is a common occurance around here. Half the farmers here would be in court if this were the case. Everywhere from the main roads to the county roads.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Brown fired:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/09/mike-brown-fired-as-lakers-coach/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

The moral here is "if Jim Buss expresses confidence in you, pack your bags because you'll be gone before the weekend".

I must admit, I am surprised at the speed of this. I'm not a big Mike Brown fan, never have been, but I didn't think he'd take a bullet 5 games into the season, coaching a team that's implementing a new offense, has their starting center coming back from back surgery and a starting point guard who is out with a broken leg.

He inherited Blake. He probably shares some of the blame for Jamison, he probably asked for him after their stint together in Cleveland. Jodie Meeks hasn't exploded for a big game yet but fer Keerist's sake it's only game 5 and he's new too!

I'm calling this "The Kobe Effect". That Death Stare he gave Brown was real. The only thing Kobe didn't do is lean over and kiss Mike Brown on the lips for a Sicilian "kiss of death" (Kobe grew up in Italy).

It's freaking chaos out west.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:
swedeinestonia wrote:Brown fired:

The moral here is "if Jim Buss expresses confidence in you, pack your bags because you'll be gone before the weekend".

I must admit, I am surprised at the speed of this. I'm not a big Mike Brown fan, never have been, but I didn't think he'd take a bullet 5 games into the season, coaching a team that's implementing a new offense, has their starting center coming back from back surgery and a starting point guard who is out with a broken leg.

He inherited Blake. He probably shares some of the blame for Jamison, he probably asked for him after their stint together in Cleveland. Jodie Meeks hasn't exploded for a big game yet but fer Keerist's sake it's only game 5 and he's new too!

I'm calling this "The Kobe Effect". That Death Stare he gave Brown was real. The only thing Kobe didn't do is lean over and kiss Mike Brown on the lips for a Sicilian "kiss of death" (Kobe grew up in Italy).

It's freaking chaos out west.

bob

bob,

The Death Stare might have been the end of Brown as coach.
It's being reported that Brown sold ownership on the defense he would bring to the Lakers.
Their defense has deterioriated under Brown and has been putrid this year.
It is smart to let him go now if they didn't feel he is a championship coach.
They have some easy games coming up.
Those wins could be fools gold to a bigger problem.
I think most Lakers fans feel like a burden has been lifted.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Bobh,
As they say you don't appreciate the "good" until you experience the "bad". I guess Bass and/or Kobe were so accustomed to the first rate coach that they couldn't stomach mediocrity for more than a year. 1-4 start was just a proverbial last drop.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 pm

bobheckler wrote:I must admit, I am surprised at the speed of this. I'm not a big Mike Brown fan, never have been, but I didn't think he'd take a bullet 5 games into the season, coaching a team that's implementing a new offense, has their starting center coming back from back surgery and a starting point guard who is out with a broken leg.

I was going to write something but Bob, you pretty much wrote it for me. Thanks for saving me the time.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

bobheckler wrote:
beat wrote:Certainly you have time to get better in November more so than May BUT............... that said when the numbers begin to line up at the end of the year for seeding purposes a loss now counts every bit as much as a loss in May. They really are not meaningless.

And Bob I don't think you want to look like Einstein............. he's been dead for a few years and I assume your very much alive. ( just don't let Steve Blake read your posts) Ah hell if he tries to shoot you he'd miss anyway.

Bob, I just gotta wonder, did Steve Blake steal your car, forge your ID, rape your children, or your dog (or both), drink milk straight from the jug out of your fridge, track mud on your new carpet or burn your house down or something?

beat

beat,

If Blake did those things, there'd be avenues of recourse available: the judicial system (BOY, would I love for you to be his parole officer!), poisoning my milk and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs leading to the fridge for him, blowing up his car with his kid and dog in it. As it is, we just have to watch him play basketball and that's cruel and unusual punishment being inflicted on innocent people.

What's my beef with Steve Blake? Probably the same ones TJ has.

Other than the fact that Blake is slower than snail shit in winter, can't pass, can't rebound (2.6rpg this year), can't run an offense (3.6apg this year, despite playing 29mpg), isn't a good defender and can't shoot anything except face-up 3s (35% fg%, 44% from 3 this year, which means that if you take the 3ptrs out his 2pt fg% is pure excrement)? His lifetime blocks/game average is a joke .1/game. He's not even doing that with 0 blocks so far. What's my beef with Steve Blake?

There are good players, like Dionte Christmas, who are jumping through hoops of fire to get into the NBA and this player, who has never had a good year in 9 years, has a multi-year contract on a good team.

I'm not a Schadenfreude type of guy. Misery might love company, but that doesn't mean he deserves to get it. Just because Blake is a Laker doesn't make me happy (although there is a certain poetic symmetry to the backcourt pairing of a hyper-competitive perfectionist like Kobe with "Larry Fine" Blake).

And yes, I still am very much alive. Thanks for noticing. :-) As far as looking better than Einstein, time will fix that.

bob

how this guy has stayed in the league this long is amazing, must be the white, bright and polite syndrome.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 am

anyone see the Laker game? so now they're 8-9, Dwight Howards defense has never been so inconsequential, saw terrible pick and roll defense all game. D'Antoni proving his rep as a bad defensive coach is very deserving, so many holes on defensive end, back end, perimeter.....I don't see this getting better, they're defense gonna only get worse when Nash gets back.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 am

....slower than snail shit in winter

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:anyone see the Laker game? so now they're 8-9, Dwight Howards defense has never been so inconsequential, saw terrible pick and roll defense all game. D'Antoni proving his rep as a bad defensive coach is very deserving, so many holes on defensive end, back end, perimeter.....I don't see this getting better, they're defense gonna only get worse when Nash gets back.

Why didn't you post this after Dwight's 28 pt, 20 reb, 3 block game against Denver?
D'Antoni has coached 7 games for the Lakers.
Darius Morris has done a terrible job of getting keeping the opposing pg out of the lane.
The Lakers will give up more points under D'Antoni and they will score more points.
With Nash, they should score plenty of points.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am

I didn't see that game, saw hack a Dwight work really well tonight too.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:anyone see the Laker game? so now they're 8-9, Dwight Howards defense has never been so inconsequential, saw terrible pick and roll defense all game. D'Antoni proving his rep as a bad defensive coach is very deserving, so many holes on defensive end, back end, perimeter.....I don't see this getting better, they're defense gonna only get worse when Nash gets back.

Gasol has to be playing hurt. Reports were that he had tendinitis in both knees. He can't be healthy and playing this badly unless he's lost all motivation for whatever reason. He's now gone six straight games without scoring more than 13 points or having a single double-digit game in rebounds, averaging 9 points, 7.7 rebounds and only shooting 36% in that span. Can't believe he could be losing it this quickly at 32 years old but, at some point, your knees just can't take it anymore. And you never know what that's gonna be. Look at Brandon Roy.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am

tjmakz wrote:

Why didn't you post this after Dwight's 28 pt, 20 reb, 3 block game against Denver?
D'Antoni has coached 7 games for the Lakers.
Darius Morris has done a terrible job of getting keeping the opposing pg out of the lane.
The Lakers will give up more points under D'Antoni and they will score more points.
With Nash, they should score plenty of points.

if you saw tonights game can you explain why no semblence at all of defense?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 am

Steve did you see how many dunks that Euro center got on feeds going right at Dwight?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Steve did you see how many dunks that Euro center got on feeds going right at Dwight?

Didn't watch the game. Was checking out the Eagles/Cowboys game and went online and saw the Laker score. 40 points allowed in the fourth quarter in your home arena to a subpar team is pretty telling.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next