swish
jeb
MDCelticsFan
mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
sdceltfan
11 posters

Go down

A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard Empty A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard

Post by sdceltfan Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:50 pm

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a gut feeling that the Celtics will go after Chris Bosh with everything they have. Bosh would fit in perfectly with the next round of Celtics, and would complement aging Garnett and Pierce beautifully.

He can play outside or down low equally well. He would be an exceptional acquisition that has many years remaining. I can't remember any injury problems, and he has character both on and off the court.

Chris Bosh as a Celtic sounds mighty good to me!

Go Celtics!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard Empty Re: A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Who would you move to siqn Bosh?How could we afford him?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard Empty Re: A Gut Feeling - Celts Will Go After Bosh Hard

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:23 am

I don’t see how the Celtics have the money to go after a player as well regarded as Bosh

If the cap doesn’t go up significantly (which it wont) and the Celtics were to make make no other moves, and Pierce takes the team up on his 21mm option, they will be over the cap for next year by about 4mm dollars. That is before deciding what to do with House, Daniels, Shelden Williams and Ray Allen.

I believe there is some cap space above the real number to resign your players, so lets just assume these guys don’t help or hurt.

You still have very limited flexibility. If you move Giddens and Walker would release about 2mm of that….and if they could get Pierce and Garnett restructure their contracts to say 17mm each per for 3 more years – they might have a small amount of room to play with.

Certainly not Chris Bosh money….but who knows what else Danny could pull off in the off season.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 am

It all depends on how far into luxury taxland Wyc is willing to go. That's when the, "rubber meets the road," and you find out just how much money the owner is willing to spend to give the fans a five star product to support. What I said yesterday on another thread was decisions will need to be rendered in the off season based on how far KG comes back, and how much Pierce and R. Allen look like they have left in the tank after this season whatever the final results are. Pierce likely will retire a Celtic. Ray will have to take a reasonably sizable pay decrease to remain with the C's based on age. Pierce has indicated, I think that he is open to either a restructure or some type of modified extension. Garnett's situation is rather rigid, no wiggle room there. Wyc, Danny, and Pagliuca, Guys, it's only money, spread it as liberally as Ted Kennedy advanced liberalism itself. We don't want to sink back into the mire and quicksand of oblivion. See which free agents want rings and titles the most and act accordingly: Bosh, Wade Johnson..et. all-Roll the dice-shoot the wad-Sky's the limit-Pretend your in Vegas and the house has just removed the limit!-$$$$-Go Celtics!-Let's Keep Being a Force!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:39 am

If Ted Dibiase bought the Celtics we'd never have to worry about not being able to sign the top of the line free agents. After all, he's the WWE's Million Dollar Man with his accountant IRS (Irwin R. Scheister played by Mike Rotundo) LOL!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Mr wrestling # 2
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:58 pm

In going after Bosh I am assuming Allen is not resigned. I agree there is no way to sign Bosh if the Big 3 and Rondo are still under contract. I really am not anti-Allen, but I find his contract along with the contracts of T. Allen, Giddens, and Scalabrini could get us in the ballpark. Throw in Wallace.

I don't believe Bosh will bring as much as James, Wade, possibly even Johnson. And yet I believe night after night his impact on the Celtics would not be equaled by any of the other players. His character is unquestioned; he can play *and is willing) to play low post or outside; his defense is improving each season, his intensity is fantastic; and he is HUNGRY.

Get Bosh. He is another Garnett, only younger!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 pm

sdceltfan,

For the season 2010-2011 the Celts already have a payroll of 41.8 mil. The total cost of Garnett,Rondo,Perk,Davis, and wallace. There is a league rule that reguires all teams to have at least 12 players under contract. With only 5 players under contract the Celts pick up a salary penalty of about 6 mil. To stay at this level they would have to renounce their MLE. If they don't that would result in about another 6 mil. being added onto their player payroll. That would put them at either 48 mil. or 54 mil. and with a salary cap expected to be around 54 mil. you can rule out Bosh and company.Now this is all based on my understanding of the salary cap rules but believe me-- I have been wrong on all too many occasions.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 pm

HERE IS MY THREAD FROM A FEW WEEKS AGO ON CHRIS BOSH. THAT IS THE POSITION THAT MUST BE FILLED COME NEXT YEAR. POWER FORWARD IS THEY POSITION!

I know its still early but thinking a head to next year which comes quickly, the Celtic s will have a bunch of unrestricted free agents coming off their roster. The question is who do we keep from our group and what position do we reload and who do we go after?

2010 NBA Salary Cap projected at $53.6 & Luxury Tax at $65 Million

BOSTON' S UNRESTRICTED
Ray Allen
Tony Allen
Marquis Daniels
Eddie House
J.R. Giddens
Paul Pierce (ETO)
Brian Scalabrine
Shelden Williams

Keep Allen and make him a quasi Eddie House working his 3 pt magic. Perhaps Giddens or Hudson could take more of Ray's time. Sign Daniels period! Williams is a wait and see depending on his progress this year which is looking good. Perhaps get Pierce to restructure (ETO) and finish his career as a Celtic and open some salary space.

OUTSIDE
I say we look to build the interior with a power forward who is young and dominating. I just worry that KG will begin to show his age in the next year or two. I believe this is the key arear the Celtic's must start with first.

I say get Chris Bosh who is young and will be 26 and who has a players option coming up with toronto. For his career he avg. 9.2 rebounds and 19.7 pts per game. He is coming off of $ 17.1 contract this year. It all depends on what it would take to lure him to the Celtic's. One thing would help, a World Championship!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm

The only way that the Celtics sign Chris Bosh as a free agent for the 2010-2011 season is with the MLE, which is between 5 and 6 million. He made 17.1mil last year? That isn't going to happen.

We will be over the cap next off-season. KG, Sheed, Perk, Davis and Rondo add up to 38.7mil (per HoopsHype) Lets say Pierce opts out of 21mil and extends at 15mil. That comes to 53.7mil for 6 players. That alone puts us over the limit, using 112288's 53.6mil projected salary cap number.

That doesn't take into account Ray at 10mil (I hope) or Daniels at part or all of the MLE. Or the other 5 players needed to fill out the roster at 13. All these can be signed later, but we are already over the limit, so it doesn't matter when we sign the rest of the roster.

We have Bird rights on Ray and Eddie. We can give Eddie a raise and hope Ray will take a lot less than he is getting now.

We do not have Bird rights on Daniels or Williams. Daniels was signed with the LLE (Bi-annual), so we don't have that next year. The only way we can sign Daniels or Williams is at the vet minimum, using all or part of the MLE, or by giving them a modest raise.

It is a mess. All we will have is the MLE, vet minimum, and the re-signing of our own players to fill out next year's roster. I really wish we had traded for Andres Nocioni after all. Or someone very like him before the trading deadline.

We do need to trade our expiring contracts this year for one above average to good player (6-8mil) with a couple years left on his contract. If we have a Nocioni-ish contract, it would be easier to add that contract to one or two medium ones, and then do a sign-and-trade to get Bosh next summer. That is the only way I see to get him in green.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 am

Believe me, we need Bosh. The Big 3 are aging before our eyes and they will be a year older next season. They would rather not run even now. Even Perkins is disenchanted with Celtic practices. What is that all about?

I realize we will have to get creative, but Ainge has seen this coming since he signed Allen and Garnett. After the signing of Rondo, Ainge must figure he is going to build a team that can get out and run to take advantage of Rondo's talents. We have Rondo, Daniels, Williams, Hudson, and Davis who have youthful and energetic legs. That's about it. We have to start getting speed and athleticism integrated into this line-up, and soon.

We need to get a few athletic big men who can RUN the court. My feeling is we NEED Bosh in our future, and badly. We HAVE to get more athleticism in our frontcourt. Have to. We may never see the old Garnett again.

Whatever it takes, we need Bosh! Maybe not during this season, but for next year and the years after that. With a core of Perkins, Rondo, Daniels, Davis, and Bosh the Celtics would be in good shape for years to come! We would need to come up with a very good shooting 2 guard and back-up for Rondo (so what's new).

Go Celtics!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:26 am

Listen to GYSO, this guy knows his basketball. It doesn't have anything to do with we need to sign Bosh. Under the salary cap rules it is impossible to sign Bosh all we have is $5 to $6 million to give Bosh or any other player. It won't happen it's impossible.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:02 am

Rico:

What happened to Cotto last weekend? I saw an interview with Pac-man who looked pretty damn beat up after the fight. Didn't see how Cotto looked. TKO apparently.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:20 am

we would love to see Bosh in green but it's not gonna happen. i would like to see Big Al (who's still working his way back from injury) back in green too, to be honest. but other teams aren't that stupid.

and please, there are a LOT of teams out there who need Bosh way more than we do. we have an aged championship core but a championship core nonetheless. other teams would love to have that.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 am

Cotto was demolished by the Pac Man. Too much speed and stamina for Cotto. Cotto should retire, he has nothing else to prove. If Cotto is not going to retire he has to change his trainer and corner ASAP. His trainer is a gym teacher with no experience what so ever as a boxing trainer. That was the same advice Freddie Roach (Pac Man's trainer) gave him. Cotto likes the wild life and drinking, that's the reason why he picked that trainer for him to do what ever he wants. Very sad lost. Cotto has no stamina. He gave Puerto Rico great victories and put the name of our nation very high, we are proud of him but it's time to call it quits. Now we have Juamma Lopez who is a rising star in boxing, Last fight didn't look that good but showed a lot of heart.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:49 am

Rico:

Considering the number of world class baseball players born and bred in PR, the name of your nation is already pretty darn high.

Baseball must simply dominate your country's sports legacies like no other game.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:47 pm

Lilrip, the Bulls fans probably felt the way you do with championship core. Look what happened to them. Look what happened to our beloved Celtics after Bird, Parish, and Mchale. You always have to be thinking ahead.

I know that Ainge is. Just have to be a little creative.

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Hey, what was all the talk last year about rolling the Big 3's contract out as they come due and roll into a top free agents in 2010, 2011 & 2012. Now we're saying it cannot be done? What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosh is the real deal and Ainge has got to go after him through a trade or some creative readjustment of Pierces' and perhaps KG's contracts to make this happen!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:06 pm

If we can't get Bosh I'd be thrilled with Noah,he already can defend and board better than Bosh,maybe best perimeter big defender since KG.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:32 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:If we can't get Bosh I'd be thrilled with Noah,he already can defend and board better than Bosh,maybe best perimeter big defender since KG.

Cowen, he's booked for at least next year, perhaps 2 years with a qualifying offer. Ya he is good and under Doc and Clifford Ray's guidance he would bring some nice intensity to our game.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:28 am

112288 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If we can't get Bosh I'd be thrilled with Noah,he already can defend and board better than Bosh,maybe best perimeter big defender since KG.

Cowen, he's booked for at least next year, perhaps 2 years with a qualifying offer. Ya he is good and under Doc and Clifford Ray's guidance he would bring some nice intensity to our game.

I think he would be cheaper than Bosh,therefore could be more realistic,but unfortunately Bulls will tie him up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 am

sdceltfan,

no doubt you have to look ahead. and no doubt that getting Bosh would be awesome. problem is i just dont see it happening. the top 3 most coveted Free Agents are LBJ, Wade and Bosh. i dont think we can offer Bosh top dollar (i'll let gyso explain why) and i don't think we can swing a sign-and-trade deal. I mean, if Toronto resigns him, why would they trade him for a package of Ray Allen and Scal or whatever the case may be.

add to that, i dont think Bosh (like nearly all of the young guys) isn't at a point in his career where he wants to give up individual glory for the sake of winning a ring. he wants to be the franchise player with a great supporting cast. i don't see him taking the MLE just to be able to play for the Celtics. we can pursue Bosh all we want. i just see it as highly unlikely that he will play here.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Highly unlikely doesn't make it impossible. It was highly unlikely we would get Allen. Highly unlikely we would get Garnett. Highly unlikely we would get Wallace. Ainge doesn't accept "highly unlikely".

Bosh is a very mature young man. He is very disenchanted with his team. He is very outspoken and knows how the game is supposed to be played. He has the respect of every veteran I know. As much for his maturity and BB IQ. He is not a selfish young man.

Go get him, Ainge.

Go Celtics!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down