Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return

3 posters

Go down

Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return Empty Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:59 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/06/boston_celtics_rumors_2015_jae_2.html#incart_story_package

Boston Celtics rumors 2015: Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return

Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on June 07, 2015 at 10:40 AM, updated June 07, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Jae Crowder helped the Boston Celtics, and the Boston Celtics helped Jae Crowder. It's only natural that both sides want to remain united into the future.

"The feeling of me coming back to Boston is mutual, from what I can tell," Crowder recently told the Boston Herald. "I just hope we can get something done. But I do get a good feeling from the team."

Since the season, the Celtics and Crowder have both been consistent in saying they would like to stay partnered. While the RFA suggested he plans to gauge his market value, the team will have the opportunity to match any offer he receives. Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has indicated he would like to keep the forward, who flourished after a midseason trade to Boston.

The organization has made no secret of the fact it would like to increase its versatility this offseason. Holding onto Crowder would certainly help there. By the end of the season, he became one of the Celtics' most important players; defending multiple positions and serving as a capable secondary playmaker, he afforded head coach Brad Stevens all sorts of lineup flexibility.

Though Crowder admitted he doesn't know where he'll play next year, he knows how well he fits into Stevens' vision.

"Any coach who accepts a player for playing hard is going to be the right fit — that's the team I'm going to fit in with," Crowder told the Herald. "That's what Brad exemplifies. I can't ask to play for anyone better than Brad. He just wants you to play the right way. I can speak for other players as well when I say this. Brad has that kind of effect on players.

"I was able to make plays in that system, not only for myself but also other players at a high rate. One thing I did show was that I can make plays."

The forward added: "Free agency is approaching quickly, and I'm sure I'll be talking to Danny soon. As I've told you guys, the second half of the season was something special to be a part of. I saw it as something that was going in the right direction for me."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return Empty Re: Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return

Post by wide clyde Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Crowder will be welcomed back if at all possible. Finances will dictate his movement.

The good thing about his performance in Boston for him was he was noticed by the rest of the league so there will be additional interest in his services.

As good as he was, I do not think that he is yet worth more than 3-4 M per year for a 3-4 year contact. He was good for the Cs, but was still only a bench warmer type player when in Dallas prior to the trade. Even at 3 M he will be getting a huge pay raise.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return Empty Re: Jae Crowder gets 'good feeling' about possible return

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:13 pm

wide clyde wrote:Crowder will be welcomed back if at all possible.  Finances will dictate his movement.

The good thing about his performance in Boston for him was he was noticed by the rest of the league so there will be additional interest in his services.

As good as he was, I do not think that he is yet worth more than 3-4 M per year for a 3-4 year contact.  He was good for the Cs, but was still only a bench warmer type player when in Dallas prior to the trade.  Even at 3 M he will be getting a huge pay raise.

clyde,

The size of his raise is not relevant. What is relevant is the quality of his play, whether GMs think he brings what they want/need to the table and the large jump in the salary cap for the league. Fair market value.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Absolutely, Bob.  

The size of the raise is one of our business.  The quality of his play either makes him worth an extension or it doesn't.  And, in Jae's case, it does.

The reference to his being playmaker is the second one I've seen recently.  I assume it refers to his enabling other players rather than creating plays for himself.  He didn't have a pack of assists this half season, but I would submit that there are few on the team who have a better feel for the ebbs and flows of the game and how to upgrade the team's performance.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down