Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics?

4 posters

Go down

Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics? Empty Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics?

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/steve-kerr-on-gresh-zo-whats-wrong-with-the-celtics/

98.5 The Sports Hub Shows, Audio On Demand, Celtics, Gresh & Zolak, Gresh And Zolak, Heard On 98.5 The Sports

BOSTON (CBS) – TNT basketball analyst Steve Kerr joined 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Gresh and Zolak on Thursday to shed some light on why the Celtics have under-performed so far this season.

Kerr says the Celtics are vulnerable this season on both ends of the floor, and their off-season acquisitions aren’t panning out as they expected.

“I thought they had a great off-season. I thought they were able to retool with (Jason) Terry, (Jeff) Green and (Jared) Sullinger. I thought that would infuse some energy and youth and keep this going, but it hasn’t been the case” said Kerr.

“Their defense has really eroded, and that’s been the key to this club the last six, seven years since KG has been around. They’re much smaller and more vulnerable in the paint,” said Kerr. “Offensively, they’ve always been very efficient… that is slipping too. All of a sudden, they’re very vulnerable at both ends, and that’s the reason they’re sitting here at .500.”

Kerr also discussed whether he thought Rondo was leader or not.

“I don’t think so. At this stage you kind of are who you are; it’s very rare you see a guy evolve into a great leader in his seventh year,” said Kerr. “I love Rondo, I think he’s a phenomenal player, but I don’t think he’s the type of leader that will take the franchise by the throat and say ‘this is what we’re going, this is what we’re doing.’”

“When a team struggles and goes through adversity, that’s when you really need someone to grasp the rest of the group and keep them going. I’m not sure he’s that guy,” he added.

Back to top Go down

Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics? Empty Re: Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics?

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 am

The more you listen to Steve Kerr on the TNT broadcasts...the more you realize what an IDIOT he is.

Brandon Bass takes a 2 dribble drive from deep in the corner to the rim and Kerr says "...thats his game right there...dribble penetration"

HUH? That is Bass' game - driving to the hoop???? What kind an an analyst who is paid to watch and breakdown players before a game looks at Bass and thinks he is a driver? Are you kidding me?

As for his Rondo comments....as long and Pierce and KG are here, we will never know exactly what we have in Rondo as a leader. Next year or the year after you will truly know.

Kerr was a marginal NBA talent who benefited greatly from the triple teams that MJ had thrown at him every night...and he is a mediocre announcer with very little to add. Not impressed.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics? Empty Re: Steve Kerr On Gresh & Zo: What’s Wrong With The Celtics?

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am

MK,
You raise some good points. We do not know how good Rondo is with guys that he is playing with like KG & PP.

As far as Kerr goes, I did a double take when I heard that statement on BB. A slasher to the basket......oh boy....how far off you are.

However Kerr knows NBA management and raised some good points about Danny and Doc on the audio portion - if you clink on the link at the bottom. These two guys are one as a unit and both want to win...so I trust we will have some day light come our way as we get closer to February trade date

Feb. 21 -- 2013 NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)

What is killing our team right now is that the so called role players we brought in to play a part in Doc's system.....are NOT playing their role! If we do some swapping out and fill in with new role players.......we would have a very good team. Just look - If we had JJ Reddick verses Terry......how about we had a different wing then Green..........how about Barbosa.........how many more games would we have won.......I say 10 more.

Then look at our record if we made some minor changes. A lot different. We do not need to make major trades to get good fast. Just begin swapping role players out. Fill your team with free agents next year and you have a very very good team.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 am

BB a slasher? Steve's been in the Arizona sun too long.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 am

When Brandon Bass is hitting his mid-range jumper he is an effective driver. That's because the defense respects him and comes out to him. When he is not hitting his jumpers, as has been the case for most of this year, the defense plays off him and he can't drive. He's NOT a crafty dribbler, he just puts it on the floor and drives hard to the rim. When his first step can get his defender behind him, that's great, but if he's so far off Bass that he stays in front of him, Bass has no cross-over or any other move that will help him finish the drive.

Clearly, Bass' game is mid-range jumpers and inside and not slashing/cutting, but he has shown some talent there. To showcase that talent, though, he has to hit his J's, because ball handling is not his forte.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down