SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

+9
bobheckler
Berlin-T
RosalieTCeltics
bobc33
cowens/oldschool
worcester
Sam
mrkleen09
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK! Empty SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 pm

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY

LAST MINUTE ATTENDANCE - Please call Mr. Steve Hutchinson - SEE ABOVE - Announce that you are part of Sam’s Celtic Forum Group. Give your name and credit card number, tickets to be mailed to your home.

MR. STEVE HUTCHINSON - Direct: 617-854-8060 or
Celtic Office Number (1-866) 423 – 5849 – Ext. (8060)
Email: shutchinson@celtics.com

Time & MEET AT 4PM GAME DAY SATURDAY AT BULL & FINCH/ CHEERS
LOCATION - 84 Beacon Street Boston, Massachusetts 02108 - Main Phone: (617) 227-9605
The URL for the menu: http://www.cheersboston.com/main_menus.html

SUNDAY BREAKFAST/BRUNCH SUNDAY(MARCH 17TH) – 8:30 AM AT Marriot – Long Wharf - Next To Aquarium - 296 State Street Boston, MA 02109

IF YOU HAVE NOT BY NOW - PLEASE PLEASE GIVE SAM A HEAD COUNT FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE DINNER ON SATURDAY AND BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY SO HE CAN MAKE FINAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEATING.......THANK YOU[/b]

Back to top Go down

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK! Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Sam

I think you already have this...but just to be sure.

We will be 4 for dinner. We will not be able to make it to the brunch the next day.

Looking forward to a fun day and night.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK! Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

Post by Sam Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm very sorry to have to say it, but I won't be able to make the dinner at Cheers. I'll be at the game, and my wife and I will be at the breakfast.

A very dear friend just died, and the funeral will be from 2:00 to 4:00 on the 16th. We'll race in to where we're staying in Waltham, and I should be at the game somewhere between 7:00 and 7:30.

I have taken the liberty of asking Steve Hutchinson to be my personal guest at Cheers (depending on when he has to be at the Garden, which is is on game nights). If he shows up, I hope someone will pay for him, and I'll compensate that person.

Per your good suggestion, I have sent a note to Steve asking if there's a way the Forum can be recognized publicly during the game. I also sent him a copy of my combined Russell Celtics history and the Balloon Game.

Sorry to have to fink out on the dinner, but this was a particularly tragic death, and I could never miss the funeral.

By the way, I want to confirm a number of attendees at Cheers. What total do you have at this point? I'll also get information on whether people should go downstairs (which I expect to be the case) or upstairs at Cheers. My count for Cheers is now 19:

4 Mrkleen
2 Worcester
2 112288
2 Rosalie
2 NYCelt
1 Bobc
6 Cowens

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if anyone's total is incorrect or if anyone should be added, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Sam,

When people arrive at Cheers, what name is the reservation under? Where do people ask to be seated?

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Sam, I'll know tomorrow morning if my son will be joining us at Cheers.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 pm

112288, as soon as I have confidence in the count, I'll be contacting the guy at Cheers. I'm going to make sure the reservation is in both your and my real names.

Sometimes I think that some people feel if they've ever mentioned, on any thread, an interest in attending, that's all they need to do. NOT TRUE. We need final confirmation about the number of dinner attendees from every single person who has not yet done so on this thread.

I have confirmations from Mrkleen and yourself on this thread, and I know Worcester will confirm tomorrow morning. My signal to make the effort to contact Cheers will be final confirmation on this thread from everyone who's coming to dinner and the number of attendees..

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 am

Sam I'm at 8.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:19 am

I'm definite for Cheers and the game, won't be at brunch.

Brandon and family have a basketball tournament that weekend and won't be coming with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Sam, My son and I are definite for the dinner and game but not the brunch. We'll be skiing in Maine on Sunday.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Worcester, is that your grandchild? He/She is beautiful!!! Boy or girl, I would guess Boy. Am I right. What a face!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am

Yes Rosalie, he's a boy and he was 3 months old when that photo was taken March 5th. His 22 month old brother is also a cutey. His dad, my son, will be joining us for the dinner and game. He's blessed with a beautiful family and is co-creating a great life for them based on the belief in love and God he shares with his wife, the beautiful gal pictured in my last avatar.

Speaking of belief, here's a link to a lesson Robert Frost gave many decades before I attended Amherst College. It's a diffcult read, takes some patience and focus to understand, but it's quite inspiring and speaks quite beautifully to the topics of poetry, metaphor, and belief.
http://www.en.utexas.edu/amlit/amlitprivate/scans/edbypo.html
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 am

I just want to wish everyone a wonderful St. Patrick's Day weekend. If I could be with you I would, but time, distance and finances will not allow it.

My last trip two trips to the States were 15 and 7 years ago and I doubt that I shall ever be there again but I'll certainly be there with you in spirit.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 am

Berlin T

Thanks so much for the kind words. Ya wish you were in Boston, but the Celtics Spirit bridges all spans of life, time and distances and will touch you I am sure next Saturday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 am

Berlin,

I bet that, if you persistently kept asking really nicely, you could persuade the attendees to toast you next Saturday.

In fact, it's possible you'd have to work really hard to convince them not to toast you repeatedly next Saturday.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 am

A fan that stays up that late to will us to victory deserves more than a toast.....2 or 3 toasts and some cheesecake!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:57 am

Worcester-Thank you-simpler thoughts than one can realize. I tell people all the time, where ever the road leads me, I will have someone there to take my hand. God Bless You and your lovely family.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

I've made a few of these in the past and they were well worth the effort and expense, but I have some things coming up relatively soon (which I will post about soon) that will not allow me to make this one.

Have fun.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm

11/22/88 - Sam,

2 of us for dinner. It'll be tight time-wise driving in, so we may run a little late.

We'll make brunch before hitting the road.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 pm

NY Great!

We are staying in the same Mariott - Long Wharf as you are, so it should be great. I was speaking with Sam and suggested that he and his wife Sally and who ever is interested to go by the Marriott for dessert after the game so we can chat without the noise.

I am running at 7:00 AM in the fitness center if you are up to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Sounds good. No arm twisting needed for dessert.

I'm still not going full out running since the meniscus tear and surgery but we'll probably be down in the fitness center anyway. I've been using an elliptical trainer (easier on the knee) and my son will probably insist on hitting the pool.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Great!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Sorry guys....but just checking

Does anyone know where we are meeting at Cheers?

The only reason I am thinking it is upstairs is that the actual bar in the basement is TINY and on St Patrick's Day weekend, I am thinking it will be wall to wall.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Mrkleen,

I know you're concerned about location, but I PROMISE you i"m on the case. I'm dealing with the general Manager., who is very difficult to reach; and I'm trying repeatedly. We will not be in the bar but, rather, in a function room that seats up to 50. We won't begin to approach that number, but the management will fill up the room with regular diners.

Will you be going to the Marriott Long Wharf afterwards? Since my wife and I will have to miss Cheers due to attending a funeral, our best chance to chat with you, Erin and the rest of your party will be after the game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks Sam.

I will have my mom and dad with us....and in fact, they both love the Long Wharf....so depending on how late the game runs, we may well be up for it.

If not, I am sure we will get to talk a bit at halftime - but the desert thing sounds great.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:18 pm

MrK,

I will email you a picture of my wife and I so you will at least have a face to look out for in the crowd. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife.

We are going to the Long Wharf as well as NY Celt and his son so it would be great to talk after as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next