SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

+9
bobheckler
Berlin-T
RosalieTCeltics
bobc33
cowens/oldschool
worcester
Sam
mrkleen09
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks Rich...will see if I have a few of the parents...but will send you a quick one of Erin and I for sure.

Much looking forward to meeting all of the guys (and families) for the first time. Count you guys (and Rosalie) as friends already...so it is sure to be a blast.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK! - Page 2 Empty Re: SAM'S CELTIC FORUM - ST. PADDY DAY WEEKEND ITENARY - NEXT WEEK!

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Ditto!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD IRISH BAKERY IN SOUTH BOSTON?

I WANT TO TAKE HOME SOME IRISH SODA BREAD.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 pm

In Dorchester...short drive from Southie

http://www.greenhillsirishbakery.com/
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:19 pm

I just spoke with Billy, the General Manager at Cheers. 112288 and I counted heads, and we figure our group will number just about 20. That's the figure I gave Billy, and he was very relieved that there won't be more. Ours is the only reservation they're taking for that weekend because they know the St. Patty's Day crush will be so great.

We'll be in a back room on the bottom floor in a room that seats up to 50. So you'll go down the outside stairs under the Cheers flag and announce to the host(ess) that you're part of the Sam's Celtics Forum group.

Billy asked me to plead with everyone to be on time, meaning not later than 4:00 p.m. If in doubt, err in the direction of being early because 4:00 will probably be just about when the crowd starts to arrive. So please be there by 4:00.

Paid parking is available at the Boston Common Garage @ something like $12 for the entire evening. For those who know Boston, access Charles Street (a left turn) from Boylston Street. The entrance to the garage is on the right of Charles Street, roughly two-thirds of the way between Boylston and Beacon Streets.

If you’re using GPS to find the garage here’s the street address:

0 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02116
(617) 954-2098

Directions and a map to the garage may be found at: http://www.massconvention.com/bcg.html

Cheers is located across Beacon Street on the corner of Charles Street, maybe a tenth of a mile beyond the garage entrance. If you’re using GPS to find Cheers, here’s the street address:

84 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 227-9605

Directions and a map to Cheers may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/ao6p2gk

Sorry that we won’t get to meet anyone at Cheers because we’ll be going directly from a funeral to TD Garden. We’ll also be going to Marriott Long Wharf for dessert and whatever after the game as well as to breakfast at Marriott Long Wharf the following morning.

You’ll have to decide how to arrange your travel once in Boston. My own choice would be to park at the Boston Common Garage for dinner, then drive to the Marriott Long Wharf (296 State Street, Boston MA 02109; 617-227-0815) and take a taxi to the TD Garden. (There’s a taxi line off to the Aquarium side of the Marriott.) After the game, hailing a cab will be almost impossible, so you may want to telephone a cab. (Our favorite is Boston Cab @ 617-536-5010.) Or you could walk to the Marriott in 15-20 minutes if the weather permits. Just face Causeway Street in front of the Garden, turn left, and start walking. Walk to the first major intersection (with a bridge on the left), and keep walking in the same direction (east) through the intersection. You’ll now be on Commercial Street. Keep walking (keeping the harbor on your left). A few blocks after you have passed the main street of the North End (Hanover Street—Mike’s Pastry, have canolis, will sell) Commercial Street will turn into Atlantic Avenue. Keep walking in the same direction, and you’ll pass Columbus Park on the left and than Quincy Market on the right. Then you’ll see Marriott Long Wharf on the left.

112288 will be in charge of the entire event.

Have a great time and I look forward to seeing everyone at the game,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Sam-I am so sorry that I will not be able to meet you FINALLY!! My best to both you and your wife, we will catch up sooner or later!!! Take care.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 am

Rosalie, that really bothers me too. Just another reason to feel badly about my good friend's death. Our best to you and Bill.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

Friends are the most important things in our life next to family. I know what it is like to have to bury those that we are really close to. While I was sick last year one of my dearest, sweetest friends fought throat and mouth cancer. She never put a cigarette to her lips, she took such good care of herself, walked every day. All of a sudden she was gone.

It is important to be able to say goodbye to those we love. I totally understand how you are feeling. I just buried my dearest Aunt two weeks ago unexpectedly.

So, you will feel better being able to say goodbye. Life is short.

We will catch up some day unexpectedly, wait and see.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Sam - thanks for the update.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Billy, the Cheers manager, called to confirm. He'll deal only with you or me; he got a kick out of our earlier story. He once again asked us to make sure everyone's there by 4:00. It turns out to be the second busiest weekend of the year.

Use my cell if anything comes up. We'll also have our home phone forwarded to my cell. I'll be out of touch from 2:00 to 4:00 Sat. afternoon. After 4:00, I'll be on my way to the Boston area. I'll see you at the game.

Best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 am

To all,

Hope all you guys have a great time and see another Celtic win. I would love to attend this. I would love nothing more than put faces to names and meet you guys/gals but maybe next time.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and all goes well
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:45 pm

To all!

Eat, drink and be merry!

I'm sorry I can't join you. I will be playing at an Irish, Key West style tiki bar tomorrow from 12-4. I do not know any Irish songs, but so be it. Have one or twelve for me!!!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 pm

texted Cow and Sam.. hope all had fun, i was there in spirit.. good to see the C's treated ya to a nice butt kicking for all showing up.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Matty,

I got the text, and it was much appreciated. Wish you and your wife could have joined us. Of course, we would have had to hide the four Celtics dancers who were dying to meet you. Trixie, Dixie, Pixie, and Cottontail.

Thanks for your support.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

My son and I had such a great time Saturday with the gang. What a great game too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2