Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes

+3
steve3344
tjmakz
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes Empty Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2013/04/12/irish-coffee-jordan-crawfords-celtics-career-in-4-minutes/

This video pretty much sums up Jordan Crawford‘s 24-game Celtics tenure. He’s been hit or miss. Mostly miss.

Crawford’s 39.3 field goal percentage and 29.0 3-point percentage reflect his career averages (39.9 FG%, 29.8 3P%), so the questions that followed him from Washington remain: Can Doc Rivers trust the 24-year-old shooting guard? Or has the Celtics coach’s decision to insert Jeff Green alongside Avery Bradley in the starting backcourt leave Crawford out of a guard rotation that also features Jason Terry and a struggling Courtney Lee?

The C’s haven’t won a single game when Crawford attempts more than 10 shots, and he’s taken double-digit shots in six of their last seven losses. They’re 12-6 when Crawford fires fewer than 10 shots. Likewise, the Celtics are 8-4 when Crawford plays fewer than 20 minutes and 4-8 when he plays more than 20. Maybe that’s why Rivers hasn’t trusted him with more than eight clutch minutes (within five with five minutes to go) since Feb. 22.

The good news? Crawford’s best production for the Celtics has come in the fourth quarter, when he’s shooting 47.2 percent from the field (34-72 FG), 40.0 percent from 3-point range (10-25 3P) and 88.0 percent from the free-throw line (22-25 FT). Then again, he’s committed 22 turnovers against 19 assists in the final 12 minutes of games — by far his most careless quarter (he owns a respectable 2.4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ration in quarters 1-3).

Meanwhile, he ranks 244th among defenders since coming to Boston, according to Synergy Sports. Add it all up, and it’s hard to argue Crawford deserves any more than emergency minutes in the playoffs.

bob
MY NOTE: Heavy on the 'Wild', not so heavy on the 'Card'. Missing The Blur more every minute.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes Empty Re: Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes

Post by tjmakz Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:08 pm

Bob,

In watching that video and in watching Crawford play, am I the only one that feels like Crawford might be using some illegal narcotics? He was moving around the whole time in that video and toward the end, he seemed completely out of it, incapable of answering a question.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes Empty Re: Jordan Crawford's Career in 4 minutes

Post by steve3344 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:20 am

He's certainly a figety guy. On and off the court.

Glad he's not my surgeon if I ever need brain surgery.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:28 am

Steve,

I'll do it at a 75% discount, and I don't use drugs or booze.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:19 am

Crawford is instant offense and in one game against the Knicks - he will score a quick 10 or 12 points and help spark a comeback. I think his play, particularly his passing has warranted him some minutes in the playoffs.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi,
I agree - he is hit or miss. I hope he'll be hit starting this Saturday.
His main advantage is unpredictibility. Also, he's surprisingly good passer.
Also, don't forget that beggars can't be choosers: when Celtics lost Rondo and Barbosa there weren't many guards available at this price.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

tjmakz wrote:Bob,

In watching that video and in watching Crawford play, am I the only one that feels like Crawford might be using some illegal narcotics? He was moving around the whole time in that video and toward the end, he seemed completely out of it, incapable of answering a question.

unfortunately he plays fidgety and off balance too much on the floor too

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down