20 minutes for everybody

5 posters

Go down

20 minutes for everybody Empty 20 minutes for everybody

Post by rambone Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:33 pm

It seems like a lot of guys last year played 20 mpg. With all this crazy dept, I can totally picture a 20 mpg average for most of the rotation players, with a couple exceptions who get more.

IT4 thrived in about 20 mpg, though I expect him to get at least a few more than that this year, as with Smart.

20 mpg candidates:

Zeller
KO
Sully
Amir
David Lee
Bradley
Crowder

Turner?
Jerebko?

How would this work out?
Center: Zeller 20, KO 20, Amir 8
PF: Sully 19, Lee 19, Amir 10
SF: Crowder 20, Turner 10, Jerebko 10
SG: Smart 15, Bradley 20, Turner 8
PG: IT4 25, Smart 10, Rozier 13

Not sure why I started this thread, but I suspect dissatisfaction with minutes won't be THAT big a deal, especially after the inevitable bumps and bruises and missed games that always happen.

A lot of these guys are pretty much perfect for 20 mpg roles at this time in their careers, both the guys who are a bit too young, and the guys that are a bit too old.
But good players, all of them.

rambone

Back to top Go down

20 minutes for everybody Empty Re: 20 minutes for everybody

Post by dboss Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:18 pm

This will never happen. Everybody is not going to play.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

I don't see this happening either. I understand your point, about everybody being good and deserving minutes but not great and deserving the lion's share of them, but I don't see this happening.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Rambone,

I like your confidence...planning to play SF for only 40 minutes a game and SG for 43 minutes a game. LOL.

Perhaps, depending on how many questions get answered in training camp, everyone will get some time very early in the season. But, especially considering the tough early schedule, I'll be shocked if Brad doesn't whittle the rotation down to 9-10 players before very long.

One of my main concerns over the years has been the continuity of the team. Discontinuity isn't a function of only injuries, although each injury creates two instances of discontinuity (when the player leaves and when he returns). But another form of discontinuity can occur when players get mainly short stints on the floor. I think it's better for a young guy to get extended run in practice rather than short bursts in garbage time and other abbreviated moments during games.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

lol, good catch Sam. I must have been reluctant to give Evan Turner more minutes.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:43 pm

I would wonder how long it would take for certain players who want to be on the court a lot (Thomas? Turner?)would begin to question Stevens coaching. I just cannot Imagine this being successful, as good as it sounds. There are some who might not care, but this is a young team, everyone wants to build their name as it is obvious that a few of these guys will be traded at some point, or they will be up for a new contract. The name of the game is $$$$$$

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Last guaranteed year:

David Lee
Sullinger
Amir (team option next year)
Evan Turner
Zeller

That's a lot of core rotation players liable to get grumpy for financial reasons.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down