dbrown4
dboss
sinus007
9 posters

Go down

1st game Celtics - Knicks Empty 1st game Celtics - Knicks

Post by sinus007 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi,
What's the matter - everyone in shock or drunk. Oh well, I'll start the thread. Mods, please edit the title or incorporate this post if I missed the right thread.

Unfortunately, Celtics collapsed offensively in the last quarter, otherwise they could get this game. I don't know why it happened.
A few observations.
JG lived up to everyone's expectations. I can't say the same about JT. I don't know what will happen in the rest of the series but so far he is 0, zero, that is.
Beside the game itself, I was disgusted with the announcers. Can the producer or whoever explain to JVG that it's a national TV not a local, NYC channel. He's supposed at least pretend to be neutral... What a schmuck...
I hope they learn from this loss and make a stand on Tue.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

1st game Celtics - Knicks Empty Re: 1st game Celtics - Knicks

Post by dboss Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 am

I missed the game. In Panama City, Fl.

I suspect the the game reflects exactly how the Celtics have played all year.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Not a lot to say at this point.

Pretty much correct there, dboss. We look good and very competitive for over half the game and then we let ourselves get steamrolled and lose. I was hoping for some sort of Buster Douglas game out of Boston yesterday with all that was going on at home for them this past week, but not even that provided any motivation. We will get two games at home, though, and maybe they can muster something for the people of Boston to positively remember, but if Saturday was any indication, don't hold your breath.

I'd be very surprised if we win even one game in this series. This is NYK's "Finally getting out of the first round" series and we're in the way. We'll put up a fight, but it would be better if this was just a 1-game series and put us out of our misery.

We need to be focusing on what happens immediately after this is over. Danny will be swinging the axe. After this series, there will be no doubt it is time to move on and re-build.

I hope I am wrong and will be the first to admit it with any signs of life, but there is no reason to kid ourselves here.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey,
remember that the series doesn't truly begin until one team loses. Still lots of time before this one ends. They did play well in spurts, but like dboss said, it ended up being a refection of the season. Too many turnovers, too much settling for jumpshots, and not enuf people playing their role. You could tell Rondo was suffering not being able to play. Bass did a good job on Melo,They will win the next one and with their bubble burst, the Knicks will implode and lose the series.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Other than the 4th quarter offensive drought, I definitely feel we can play with these guys and win this series, besides Jet not showing up KG and Pierce missed alot of makeable shots. This series is far from over.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:04 am

For 3/4 we were definitely the better team.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am

Gives me hope more than frustration.

you get 4 points from your bench, score 8 points in the 4th, get 0 from Crawford and Terry and still lose by 7?

I will take that.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 am

If our bench steps up a little and if we can keep our concentration when passing the ball, we have a chance. Two big "ifs".
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi,
Speaking about bench. I have no complaint about CL - he did his part on defense, and did it well, IMO. Crawford is hot or miss. This time it was the latter which is kind of 50% expected. My beef is with JT. He's a veteran, with playoff experience and, he is shooting guard who, by definition, has to produce 4-8 points in 20 min. He must. If he continues like that I'd rather give his minutes to Crawford or even T-Will.
I hope in game 2 they keep the same level of defense but KG and PP will come out of shooting slump.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

playoffs is long grind, I'd use Randolph, mix in alittle Wilcox, I'd definitely use T Will, if Jet misses his first 3 shots you gotta bench him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Well, JT's first stab at fulfilling his promise of being brought to Boston for the playoffs was a complete bust full o' bricks.

Unfortunately, Mrkleen, taking 3 more like Saturday and we'll be watching the rest of the playoffs from the sidelines. I hope we wake up!

Time to rely on Doc to figure this one out.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:30 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Gives me hope more than frustration.

you get 4 points from your bench, score 8 points in the 4th, get 0 from Crawford and Terry and still lose by 7?

I will take that.

You hold the Knicks to 40.5% shooting and only 85 points on their home court and STILL lose by 7? And hold Melo and J.R. Smith to 41.7%? I won't take that.

We were up 70-63 with 1:20 left in the third quarter and got outscored 22-8 the rest of the way. We had as many turnovers (eight) as points in the fourth quarter. With no point guard to make good decisions, at crunch time we were lost. Not happy with that.

Last edited by steve3344 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:35 am

steve3344 wrote:
You hold the Knicks to 40.5% shooting and only 85 points on their home court and STILL lose by 7? And hold Melo and J.R. Smith to 41.7%? I won't take that.

We were up 70-63 with 1:20 left in the third quarter and got outscored 22-8 the rest of the way. We had as many turnovers (Cool as points in the fourth quarter. With no point guard to make good decisions, at crunch time we were lost. Not happy with that.

Guess you can choose to look at a glass half empty...I choose to look at the positive.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down