Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers

+4
RosalieTCeltics
NYCelt
dbrown4
dboss
8 posters

Go down

Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers Empty Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers

Post by dboss Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello Celtics fans. I'm here at the Country Club Of Orlando and I gotta tell ya...this is one nice place...wow..Their mission statement speaks for itself.

"Our Mission is to provide superior enjoyment of all amenities while ensuring the club’s history of home, family, traditions and heritage remain the foundation of our success."

I am here today to conduct a rare interview with Celtics coach Glenn 'papa doc' Rivers and the master of all basketball deals, Danny Guru Ainge. While we have heard a few sounds bites from them this will be the first in depth interview. We have been able to gather a list of questions presented by Celtics fans and this is a opportunity to see what these guys have to say.

Doc is just finishing a up his first round of golf and Danny just ran over one of the ground keepers with his golf cart. gotta love that Danny...he is one competitive son-of-a-bitch...get in his way and he'll run your ass over..

The best thing about this interview is that i get to eat for free and on danny's dime. How about that for a nice perk. I already know what to order...the rare lamb and farber beans just like silence of the lambs.

Oh..here they come..

Interviewer: Hi danny, hi doc how's it going?

Doc: Well I tripled bogeyed the last 3 holes and as usual it was danny's fault. he's out there popping wheelies in a golf cart and has already turned a few people into road kill.

Interviewer: I want to thank you guys for giving our fans a chance to ask you some questions about the Celtics.

Danny: Ask away

Interviewer: Danny the season ended poorly. In a recent interview you stated that the Celtics are more than one player away from being a contender.

Danny: That's right..after watching this season unfold and the playoff run we evaluated everything and we know that some changes are going to be needed. we are faced with cap issues which makes it almost impossible to make big moves. Doc is coming back for the another year so we just need to get the right pieces in place to be competitive.

Interviewer: When exactly did you realize that changes needed to be made?

Danny: My first inclination came with a few minutes left in game 6 of the knicks series. I looked up at the scoreboard and it said the Knicks had more points than we did and I said yep we are going to lose .

Interviewer: Doc here is a questions from a fan. "Why did you Play Bass at center when KG went out the game. Would Randolph given us a better matchup with their bigs."

Doc: first off..I am barley acquainted with the guy Randolph that you mention. I don't recall him being on the roster...danny ?

Danny: yeah we got him at a discount price from China. They were having a buy one get two free deal over at the Walmarts so we stocked up on him, DJ and Williams. I love China. They actually had williamses over at macys but walmart sold him for less.

Interviewer; So doc the name Randolph does not ring a bell?

Doc: His name does sound familiar but for some reason I can't recall him playing in any games. Anyways playing bass was designed to throw off the other team. As you know i am a big believer in small ball and Bass I think is the perfect small ball center. It was great watching him and yelling at him from the sidelines. Hey bass push him out. no hands up..push him out some more. .. go for the block. It was so funny. When Chandler had the ball in the post you couldn't even see bass...he he he

Doc: Small ball has definitely evolved and I can envision a time when we can possible get even smaller.

Interviewer How Small?

Doc: I'm thinking between 1 MM and infinity. Look, if the other team cannot see us how are they going to stop us from scoring? On defense the other team will not even know who stole the ball from them. It's a great concept and we just need players that can think small, look small and ultimately disappear.

Interviewer: Danny with the upcoming draft on the horizons any thoughts to share with us Celtics fans?

Danny: Well we got the 16th pick and we will be bringing in prospects before the draft.

Interviewer: Any particular teams needs that you have identified.

Danny: Well we need another big and there are a few out there that i think can help right away.

Interviewer: Any names?

Danny: I don't want to mention any names in case other teams are listening in. I value draft picks.

Interviewer: There was a report out there around the February trading deadline that Paul Pierce could be traded to the Hawks for power forward Josh Smith. The report said that you nixed the trade because the Hawks wanted our first round pick this year. Any truth to that rumor.

Danny: I am always having discussions with other teams but we never made the deal. We needed the pick, so that next year we can send the pick up to the D-league.

Interviewer: Last year's picks Sullinger and Melo were first rounders. Sullinger had back sugery and Fab saw very few minutes. What is your evaluation of their first season.

Danny: I'll let doc answer that one.

Doc: Sully is an old school basketball player and we liked what he brings to the court. We wanted to use him at center but his back went out. Fab is still a kid and is really goofy. Everyone says that he can play but I am not convinced.

Interviewer: tell us about the thought process that went into drafting Sulllinger since it was well known that he had a bad back

Doc: we talked to one of the Doctors and he assured us that we could maintain Sully. We brought in a season supply of pain killers but then the back got worse because bad backs are bad backs. We tried to prop him up in a stand up straight device during timeouts and halftime but some stupid fan broke it when he ran into it...he was trying to catch up with a vendor that was selling beer for $5.00.

Interviewer: let's talk a little bit about Paul Pierce's future with the Celtics. Danny. doc what's going on?

Danny: I have always told the players that I will do what is best for the team. I think Paul can still help us. I thought he played well in the playoffs except for the turnovers, poor defense and inability to make a basket. He's our captain. But i still will do what is best for the team. We have to look at salary and everything so no decisions have been made yet.

Interviewer: many fans were surprised that he looked so clumsy and basically aged. Was he hurt or is this just what happens to players when they get old.

Doc: Funny...I mentioned to Danny that Paul's been taking a few shots of scotch before each game and I had a bet that he would fall at least 4 times a game when he tried his patented moves. It was so funny...he looked drunk out there. i love Paul..he's great and after the series I said I love you Paul.

Interviewer: doc what happened to Courtney Lee? All of a sudden he was not getting any minutes?

Doc: Courtney lost his confidence. I know how to make someone lose their confidence. All you have to do is use the yoyo master mind trick on them. it worked to perfection but the final straw was when I sat Lee down and stuck the crack head in the game.

Interviewer: Who's the crack head?

Doc: Jordan Crawford

Interviewer: Jordan Crawford is on crack?

Doc: Well not really..i don't know he hasn't told me anything. but I do know that he has a crack in his head which makes him run around all over the place . I think crack head will also evolve into a new position,,,sorta like a 6th man. you watch in a few years you're going to see the crack head of the year award and if they had that award this year, Crawford would have won it hands down.

Interviewer: Danny one last question before we break for lunch. Have you and doc watched any of the other teams in the playoffs ? any observations?

Danny: I really like what Nat Robinson did for the Bulls and Tony Allen plays defense just like he did when he was with us.

Doc: I haven't watched any games. I really like the way Lebron is playing. He looks great.

Interviewer: Well folks that is it ..now it is time to eat some rare lamb.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers Empty Re: Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

dboss, if you wrote that, that was awesome. Thanks for the laughs!! if you didn't, it was still extremely funny.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers Empty Re: Interview with danny ainge and doc rivers

Post by NYCelt Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 pm

dboss,

I don't know if I'm more impressed with your interview or the fact that you actually looked up their mission statement. That's some in-depth background reporting!

They obviously keep the layout under wraps, so I had to use Google maps to see the course. What must be #5 sure looks nasty. Long dog-leg right par 5 with tree-lined OB all along the right and water left.

Wonder what Doc shoots there?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 am

Dbrown...yes out of the mind of a crazy Celtics fan

Nycelt doc is suppose to be a pretty good golfer.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Dbrown-quite articulate!!! I am totally impressed. Kinda hard on PP though. Give the guy a break Danny!!!

Great post.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri May 17, 2013 1:21 pm

This interview, epic Smile
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Up to your normal standard, dboss.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 20, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks Sam and Swede
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Mon May 20, 2013 1:26 pm

dboss,

Great interview!

It would be hilariously funny if it weren't so sadly true.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey, Berlin, how's your health?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Thank's for asking, Sam.

I'm doing much better now. It turned out to be a problem with the right inner ear. The medication put me in a temporary depressive state, but it seems to have mostly cleared up the problem. I have starting today one week without medication to go and if the problem hasn't completely disappeared we'll have to try new medication. I'm about 90% good at the moment. Funny, when I'm in motion I have no problem. Sitting, especially on the computer, and getting up are areas where I still am not 100% OK.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue May 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Berlin,

The ear is an intricate piece of work. Anyone who has gone through a related issue such as problems with balance knows how mystifying and aggravating it can be.And side effects of medications have made it a double whammy for you. Here's hoping this week will do the job for you.

My wife and I still talk about how your perspective on Vienna and language helped us to have a great time there. Thanks again.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Wed May 22, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Berlin- Hope you are feeling better soon. It is such a weird feeling when you have problems like yours. I have vertigo at times and it is just so disturbing.

Anyway, I hope you are getting better daily. Take care

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey Rosalie, how about yourself? How are things going healthwise?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Getting stronger every day Sam, it is going slow and I am getting impatient. I want
to be back to my normal self but I am being told to slow down! I will see the surgeon in June, so hopefully he will discharge me and I will just deal with the cardiologist, besides my other doctors. One less to deal with!

All is going okay, thanks for asking, everyone has been great here on line. It has meant the world to me.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Rosalie and Sam,

Thanks so much for the kind words. They are very much appreciated.

Rosalie, are you eating enough chicken soup?
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Berlin... Forget chicken soup....

Rose aloe darling, ya getting enuff cheesecake?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down