RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Coach Thread Empty New Coach Thread

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Might as well...

Ok, let's start this off with a real belly laugh.

Antoine Walker        ✔ @WalkerAntoine8

Boston fans its time for me to be the celtics coach !!!!
10:05 PM - 23 Jun 2013

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

New Coach Thread Empty Re: New Coach Thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Right.....is this a joke?  I have read it several times.  Can you imagine, if the Celtics don't trade Paul what his reaction would be to being coached by him???

HAHA!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Antoine Walker-coached teams would shoot more threes than anyone combined.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

The Denver Nuggets named Brian Shaw their new head coach.

One off the board.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Apparently Ainge is going to stall o hiring a new coach which means we will probably end up with leftovers.. Da has known for a while that doc was leaving. He should have rolled out a plan b.

You see this is why i get pissed off at Danny boy.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:19 pm

There has to be a plan B.  The one thing I have read is that there will not be a high priced coach coming in here. Probably an assistant who is looking for a job.  Have you read the articles about Terry???  Asst coach, on the bench??

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:There has to be a plan B.  The one thing I have read is that there will not be a high priced coach coming in here. Probably an assistant who is looking for a job.  Have you read the articles about Terry???  Asst coach, on the bench??

Rosalie

Rosalie,

I don't believe the current CBA allows player-coaches.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm

it looks like the only assistant coach still under contract is Jay whatever his name is!  He is coaching the summer league with help from Terry.  I guess he is going to get strong attention from DA.  Hey, why not??  He knows what he is getting into at least.  Stepping stone to the future for him and a way to save money for the Celtics.  

Weren't they talking about Dooling doing something like what I proposed last year? I have no idea what the CBA allows, but it has to be something that was put in after Russell and Cowens were here, they both were player coaches.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:it looks like the only assistant coach still under contract is Jay whatever his name is!  He is coaching the summer league with help from Terry.  I guess he is going to get strong attention from DA.  Hey, why not??  He knows what he is getting into at least.  Stepping stone to the future for him and a way to save money for the Celtics.  

Weren't they talking about Dooling doing something like what I proposed last year? I have no idea what the CBA allows, but it has to be something that was put in after Russell and Cowens were here, they both were player coaches.

Rosalie

Rosalie,

Yes, this was put in after Russ and Cowens.  No can do now.

Jay Larranaga is now being considered for the head coaching job, per Adrian W.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics-will-consider-assistant-jay-larranaga--other-youthful-candidates--for-head-coaching-job-155145849.html

JET can help on the bench during summer league, develop some skills and show Danny what he's got, but for him to actually be a coach he'd have to retire as a player.

This is my story and I'm sticking with it until Gyso tells me I'm wrong.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:36 pm

gotcha Bob!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Any player can be a coach, but he cannot be called a coach and he cannot collect any salary as a coach.  He could be called a player with benefits (LOL).

A player gets a salary defined by the CBA and there cannot be any extra or additional salary added because he is a "coach".  Shenanigans like that were probably identified early on in collective bargaining history and duly eliminated. 

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:34 pm

I suppose with a union, you are either a player or part of management, right?
I would say, in this day and age, people would be leary of trusting a player who reports to management also.  Just a thought.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

How about Nate McMillan?  I actually went to high school with him here in Raleigh.  Enloe High School.  Would he work here?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Danny Ainge coming on ESPN at 6:30 tonight.  Sorry this is late!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 am

Larry Legend is returning to the Pacers organization.  So much for whatever scuttlebutt about him coming back in any capacity.

Larry Bird returning to Pacers front office

By MICHAEL MAROT
AP Sports Writer

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) A year away from basketball has rejuvenated Larry Bird.
Now he wants to win a championship.

Bird, the former NBA star who left his job last season after rebuilding the Indiana Pacers and winning the league's executive of the year award, will be reintroduced to the media Thursday morning as the president of basketball operations. That's the same job Bird held from 2003-12.

"The year off gave me a chance to reflect, to rest, to take care of some health issues and it re-charged me," Bird said in a statement issued by the team.

The move is hardly a surprise.

He reportedly met earlier this month with Sacramento about becoming that team's general manager and had become a regular in recent weeks as the Pacers held public draft workouts, making his imminent return one of the worst kept secrets in Indy. Following Tuesday's draft workout, general manager Kevin Pritchard even alluded to the fact that Bird appeared on the verge of making a comeback.
Donnie Walsh, who preceded Bird as the Pacers' top decision-maker then succeeded him last summer as president of basketball operations, will now settle in his new role - as a team consultant.

Walsh had said all along that if, or when, Bird wanted to return, he would gladly step aside. He has.
"He's ready and I couldn't be happier," Walsh said. "I had a great year last year with this team. It is a great group of guys who have the potential for some great things and to remain a part of this, with two people who I love to work with and respect greatly, is very special."
Bird has a long track record of success in the NBA.

As a player with Boston, he won three championships, three MVP awards, was twice the MVP of the NBA Finals and retired in 1992 as one of the greatest players in league history.

In 1997, he returned to the bench this time as coach of the Pacers - his home state team. He was the 1998 NBA coach of the year and two years later led the Pacers into the franchise's only appearance in the NBA Finals. Indiana lost that year to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games, and Bird retired after the season in part because of health problems.

Three years later, he came back to the Pacers in a front office job.

He and Walsh worked together as a team for five years before Walsh left to join the New York Knicks and Bird took over most of the day-to-day decisions with the Pacers.

Under Bird's guidance, the Pacers returned to the playoffs in 2011. Bird's shrewd moves included a draft-day trade for Roy Hibbert and another draft-day trade for George Hill, the signing of free-agent power forward David West and the selections of Paul George and Lance Stephenson in the 2010 draft. Those five, and Danny Granger, produced the franchise's first playoffs series win in seven years last season, and it was those five, without Granger, that pushed Miami to the limit in Indiana's first conference finals appearance in nine years.
"We are all very happy to have Larry back," team owner Herb Simon said. "Larry had a huge impact on this team and where it is now, so it's fitting that he comes back at this time. Donnie has been a friend and a valuable contributor to the franchise and will continue to be both. I wanted him to agree to stay in some capacity as I believe with Larry and Kevin, it gives us three of the best basketball minds in the business."
The team will hold a news conference Thursday morning to introduce Bird, who will officially take over July 1.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Larry is an Indiana guy far more than he is a Boston guy.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 pm

DA will not hire a well known coach...becasue he already has a coach and his name is Rajon Rondo.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi,
If RR is a coach comrade Stalin Stern, as his last executive deed, will ban him from the league as a player kingking

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Asst. Spurs coach Brett Brown is going to get consideration according to Ian Thomsen of SI

It was amusing to hear him say that a Josh Smith trade would be awful for the Celtics, because I feel the same way. I do not like his demeanor and if we put him with Rondo, what a mess!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Some early talk including statements by Marc Stein on ESPN and Adrian Wojnarowski that Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga could be a candidate for head coach. Sounds like speculation but thought I'd throw it in here. We can see if it gets reported from any source with some substance to it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm buying a new couch. Should I start a new couch thread?

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:42 pm

He has already interviewed according to local tv sports channel, Comcast
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

steve3344 wrote:I'm buying a new couch.  Should I start a new couch thread?

Steve,

Seat yourself. It's a free country.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Steve,

Seat yourself.  It's a free country.

bob

I dunno. Seems pretty expensive to me.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:12 pm

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Steve,

Seat yourself.  It's a free country.

bob

I dunno. Seems pretty expensive to me.

The coyntry's free, it's the upkeep that's killing us.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next