dboss
mrkleen09
Matty
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jared Sullinger Arrested After Alleged Domestic Assault - Page 2 Empty Re: Jared Sullinger Arrested After Alleged Domestic Assault

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Sighs... Not good at all...

Oh Sully...

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Jared Sullinger Arrested After Alleged Domestic Assault - Page 2 Empty Re: Jared Sullinger Arrested After Alleged Domestic Assault

Post by Matty Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm

At different times when I was younger two men who I was very close with were accused as molesting children.

The first case I was so enraged that someone had accused my step grandfather & best freind of such as act that I considered physically harming the accuser myself for making such a horrid claim.

Then we found out that not only were the allegations true but he'd been doing this sort if thing for over 30 yrs.

Years later one if my dads neibors got mad at him and went to all the neibors and told them my dad was a convicted child molester.. Which was a lie...

Despite that claim by the neibor being a lie even years later my dads reputation has suffered.

In Sullys case we have allegations against him which there appears to be some evidence to support those claims, however sully has pleaded not guilty to these charges...

Lets see how this plays out before our minds are made up shall we?? To do less is unfair to the parties involved and can leave ya looking the fool if our rash judgement call turns out to be wrong.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Will wait and hope. If I were to make a list of current Celtics whom I'd consider most unlikely to be in this pickle, Sully would have been atop the list.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm

gyso,

From what I was seeing, it didn't appear anyone was trying to make excuses for JS. I think, if anything, people are just speculating what could have/did happen.

It is true that many women are abused, and some are even afraid of coming forward about it. However, I also know that some women will exaggerate the details of the situation in order to gain an edge out of spite. I'm not going to even remotely imply that's what happened here, but it does happen. For example, NFL player Brian Banks served 5 years in prison for a false rape claim by one of his classmates.

So far, from what I've seen, no one has taken the position of outright defending Sullinger.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

I suppose I was the most forward in searching for extenuating circumstances, aka "excuses", for Sully's behavior.  Like Sam, he probably tops the list of Celtics I would have least expected to be involved with a situation like this.

Having said that, perhaps I did stress what I perceived to be overreactions by his girlfriend and some oddities (e.g. waiting 10 hours to call the police and red marks on her chest after those 10 hours) too much and not speak out enough against Sully's behavior.  I said we should wait until this plays out, and then I didn't take my own advice.  An unbalanced, premature and unfair analysis, to be sure.

Horseplay, which can sometimes become overly physical, is NOT the same as getting so angry that you seriously damage (but not destroy) a cell phone.  That is an anger management problem.  Eventually, he walked away, but not before he had already lost it.

There is blame to go around here, no doubt, but we are only speculating upon the girlfriend's role and actions.  We know, pretty much, about Sully's and it does not reflect well on him.  Even if she's a complete loon there is no excuse for him to manhandle her.

My gut says this will disappear, publicly, rather quickly.  I hope it does not disappear privately.  I hope Sully thinks long and hard on how he has come to this point and does what it takes, be it breaking up with her and/or seeking anger management counseling, to make sure he never ends up here again.  He could have a brilliant NBA career, but only if he grows up and develops the type of discipline which we had believed he had.

GYSO, if I was the source of your distress, I apologize.  Like Cowens says, I can be a bit of a pitbull and I may have been too quick to leap to the defense of one of my Celtics.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Good opinions voiced all around. For anyone involved in any way with domestic abuse and/or false allegations of such, it's obviously a very emotional issue. I'm lucky enough to not count myself among that group, though I do know people who have been victims, as unfortunately I expect most of us do.

We'll see how it plays out.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:09 pm

If anything, Sullinger will have so many eyes on him it is unreal. Waltham has had many issues in the past few months, Remy being the last major one. The Police are under the gun here to pay close attention to this issue. It is a shame he has put himself in this position and put a cloud over the Celtics.

I am of the belief that too much is given to these young athletes without a sense of responsibility to themselves, family, and most of all, the team that is paying them. There are too many excuses made for them,

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:40 pm

gyso,

Completely understandable that you would have a strong reaction on this. I sincerely hope that things have turned around and that all is now good for your daughter and all of you.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Did Sully stipulate to any of these charges voiced by his ex-girlfriend? If so, he's in trouble. If not, it's his word against hers. It's easy to create a batch of false allegations against someone, easy to damage a phone yourself, and easy to self-inflict bruises.

I have NO idea what happened and will jump to no conclusions about this case. However, in my line of work I get exposed to the intimate details of people's lives that many never get to hear. This very weekend I was exposed to a case of two teenage girls who got so drunk they had to be driven home from a party, their own vomit all over their clothes. They woke around noon in a bed in their own apartment naked, unaware of what had happened the night before. One of the girls came up with the idea that she had been raped by the guy who volunteered to drive them home and help them up to their apartment. Then the other girl chimed in she had been raped too by the same guy. This based on the fact that the were in their own bed naked. No vaginal soreness. No scratches. No bruises. Just naked in bed. Then girl #2 called a friend who was at the party and complained that she had also been raped by Mr. X.

The friend said, "Mr. X? You were drunk and making love to Mr. Y on the grass at the party." Then a few hours later I heard the same girl talking to another friend about how she had been raped by Mr. Z. All this from girls who acknowledged they had been so drunk they had no idea what had happened the night before, except throwing up on their clothes. Both declined vaginal exams. (Definitely not by me - by the police).

So I'm a bit jaded about domestic assault charges and want to wait till all the facts are in before prejudging Sully's case. If he's guilty, he needs to atone.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Neither one of them wanted to be in court yesterday.

Is it too late to drop the charges?

Dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 pm

If the woman in this kind of situation wants to avoid court, it kind of makes this seem a bit questionable.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:11 pm

She supposedly told the judge that she did not feel threatened by Sullinger and did not want to put a restraining order on him and yet they still set bail at $5000.00. He cannot go near her without someone being with him. He can contact her by phone to talk to her also.

Let's let the chips fall where they may. Stupid Gary Tanguay of Comcast already had him getting cut. Talk about a rush to judgement. Blakely feels he will get suspended for a few games, maybe 2-3, the NBA frowns on this stuff. If he ends up in court, who knows?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Regardless of what actually happened, and we really don't know what actually happened, let's hope Sully, the Celtics, the NBA, and the nation of sports fans watching gets the message - violence against women is taboo.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Exactly. This is not acceptable, period.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2