+3
Outside
Sam
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Rondo's Knee is 87% Empty Rondo's Knee is 87%

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:20 am

"Give or take, depending upon how his day goes".  First of all, you have to marvel at today's medical technology that let's you monitor and measure your progress that finely.  Secondly, I would say that, if he's at 87%, the healing process is pretty much done and now it's just strengthening.  Dr. Worcester, Dr. Heckler, Dr. Worcester!

In anticipation of contact, he's getting fitted for a brace.  I wouldn't have thought of a brace as a good thing, but I guess it is.  It means he's about to get cleared to take another step and they're trying to be careful about setbacks.

Video of Rondo interview is at the link.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/rondo-feeling-great-wont-speculate-return

Notebook: Rajon Rondo bracing to go
Rehabbing C’s guard prepares for contact

Mark Murphy, Celtics Notebook

Rajon Rondo watched last night’s 107-97 Celtics exhibition win over a Brooklyn scrub team with the same calm the rehabbing point guard has brought to every other game this fall.

That’s because while Rondo won’t get specific about a timetable, he acknowledged last night that the next step in his recovery from ACL surgery — contact — may not be far off.

“I’m getting fitted for my first brace, and I don’t think contact will be too far from there,” the Celtics point guard said. “I just have to get cleared by my doctors. I know it’s getting stronger each week. When I’m able to jump off my right leg and dunk, that’s probably when I’ll be ready to play.

“Feeling great, working out every day. I’m doing more as far as compound workouts. I’m doing one workout a day, so I’m doing more as far as working on my leg. It’s getting better each day.”

Rondo reiterated that when he comes back, he doesn’t want restrictions — on his minutes or otherwise.

“No. If they want me to ease into it, OK. But I want to get back out there and go full speed. I don’t want any limitations,” he said. “I’ll know when it’s right. Everybody is different. Lot of people have ACL injuries. But I won’t come back until I know I’m myself again.”

Ex-Green seeing Red

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett came north with the rest of the Nets for last night’s game, but clearly had their hearts elsewhere.

Earlier in the day they sent rookie Mason Plumlee on a truly honorable mission — to buy them Red Sox World Series gear. The ex-Celtics duo later met the team at the airport for a flight to Miami and Brooklyn’s last exhibition game, presumably after watching the start of Game 1 of the World Series.

The three other Brooklyn starts — Brook Lopez, Deron Williams and Joe Johnson — also rested.

Vitor steps it up

Vitor Faverani’s first start was something of a revelation. The rookie center stuffed his stat line with 15 points, seven rebounds, six blocks and five fouls, including four blocks, 11 points and five boards in the first half. . . .

Gerald Wallace, in the wake of criticizing his new team for poor effort, demonstrated the proper technique with an equally balanced 14-point, 5-for-7, four-rebound, five-assist performance. . . .

Jeff Green, who left the game midway through the fourth quarter with a bruised left forearm, started at big guard alongside small forward Wallace in a combination that Celtics coach Brad Stevens continues to favor. Green’s injury is not considered serious. . . .

Jared Sullinger missed the game with an illness.

Evans gets message

Nets point guard Williams, pointed to teammate Reggie Evans before the game and invited the media over for an interview.

“He was almost a Celtic,” Williams quipped, referring to last summer’s mega-trade, in which Evans was replaced in the package by Kris Joseph at the last moment.

But Evans was having none of it.

“KG told me not to talk to the media,” Evans said, before breaking into a convincing Garnett impression, expletives included.

“I can’t talk if he’s going to put it like that,” Evans said with a smile.

Told that a Garnett tirade shouldn’t be such a big deal after so many seasons of hearing it from him as an opponent, Evans shrugged.,l?

“It’s a whole different game now,” he said.

Players pick-in’ it up

A number of players, most notably Wallace, have expressed unfamiliarity with the style of pick-and-roll defense desired by Stevens — so-called icing of the play, a ploy designed to prevent the ballhandler from using the pick. It’s a way to protect the Celtics’ decidedly undersized interior.

“There’s all kinds of different ways of looking at it. . . . It’s a good way, if we become very good at it,” Stevens said. “We just have to get better at it. It’s the right time of year to work on it..”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rondo's Knee is 87% Empty Re: Rondo's Knee is 87%

Post by Sam Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Clearly, there's loads of work to do in the remaining week before the start of the season.

One thing I hope Rondo is doing a lot of is practicing his free throws under the tutelage of the shooting coach (whose name eluded me).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 pm

sam wrote:Clearly, there's loads of work to do in the remaining week before the start of the season.

One thing I hope Rondo is doing a lot of is practicing his free throws under the tutelage of the shooting coach (whose name eluded me).

Sam

Sam,

Ron Adams.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 pm

While Rondo's ability to dunk off his right leg may be an indicator of how well he's progressing, I think how well he does at rapid changes of speed and direction will be more important.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Thought this was a great interview. Rondo has really grown up before our eyes.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks, Bob.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi,
I wonder why is it 87%? Maybe it's 86 or 88?
I think the major factor for RR will be mental.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:11 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I wonder why is it 87%? Maybe it's 86 or 88?
I think the major factor for RR will be mental.

AK
Sort of thinking the same way...........

How soon will he be able to "trust" it and do what he wants to do without hesitation?

What degree am I? Geesh sometimes I know I am far from 100% but I haven't been 100% in several years anyway.
If I have a pulse in the morning I'm pretty well set for the day.

Banged my dang elbow the other day (how in heck it got the name funnybone is beyond me) darn thing still is sore and my fingers on that hand are still a little numb..... about 67% of normal I'd say.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Great to hear his recovery has gone well.

I really think his court presence will have a profound, stabilizing impact on this team. Even though he isn't playing yet, he's been vocal and participating to the most of his ability.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down