Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans

3 posters

Go down

Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans Empty Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 pm

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/12/notebook_jared_sullinger_focuses_on_wins

Jared Sullinger isn’t backing down.

The Celtics forward said last night that his team is made for only a select group — those who don’t believe its main goal should be the draft lottery.

“If we win, don’t jump on our bandwagon now,” Sullinger, who thumbed his nose at tank talkers following Monday’s practice, said before last night’s 108-100 win against Milwaukee. “We don’t want wishy-washy fans. As grown men, we play hard and do the best for this team. For everybody else outside the circle, we could care less.”

Sullinger also reiterated his belief that the Celtics could be a playoff team this season. As for those who laugh at the thought of the C’s in the postseason, the forward was dismissive.

“The same guys who are laughing at us are the ones who said we were going to win five games,” said Sullinger, who had 12 points last night. “Now all of a sudden we win some, we lose some, and guys are saying they’re surprised with how the Celtics are playing.”

Considering the Celtics went into last night a half-game behind the division-leading Toronto Raptors, Sullinger considers anything possible. He said he’s offended by anyone who suggests otherwise.

“I’m very insulted by people who think that,” he said. “We work too hard to just play for another year. It’s almost like a business. Why not come out with new schemes and try to make your product that much better by selling it to people and playing hard? But don’t talk about playing for the following year. I don’t believe in it, I’ll never believe in it. Just play hard every day. That’s what we’ve been doing.

“We’re not out of every game. In every game we’re putting up a fight. . . . It’s up to the guys sitting in the huddle, the guys who are playing hard.”

“Motivation,” Sullinger added, noting the effects of the tank talk. “You’ve seen the couple of wins that we’ve got. They’re tough wins, and we compete with the best every night. It doesn’t shake what we do. We’re going to keep playing hard and doing our thing. We’re going to block out the people who think that tanking is acceptable.”

Shades of a legend

Avery Bradley probably never had been compared to Larry Bird until last night, when he duplicated one of the Celtics great’s most memorable shots with a hoist over the backboard.

Bird hit his during a 1986 preseason game against Houston from almost the same range as Bradley, except from the left baseline.

Bradley, who skied for a rebound, released the shot in midair from the right side as the shot clock ran down. He made the improbable basket for two of his 15 points.

“That was honestly just a lucky shot,” he said. “I just wanted to get the shot up. I heard my teammates yelling, so I just threw it up.”

Bradley said he’s never seen a video of Bird’s shot.

Nice to see Lee

Courtney Lee had a productive return after missing the previous two games with a sprained left knee.

He scored seven of his 11 points during a tight fourth-quarter battle.

“He was huge,” coach Brad Stevens said. “He helped settle us down, and he made some tough shots. He looked like he had an extra bounce in his step. He didn’t make the trip (to Milwaukee) so he could stay back and get better and do rehab.” . . .

Jordan Crawford is averaging 5.2 assists per game, a full two dishes above his career average. He had five more last night and is 22nd in the NBA in that category.

bob
MY NOTE:  I don't think Sully's going to have to worry about anybody on this board, that's for sure.  I saw a name for the fans who want the Celtics to lose every game so we can get Wiggins, tankaratti, as in "Sully told the tankaratti to kiss his butt".  I like it.  Sully has got "The Celtic Mystique". He walks onto the floor for every game and expects to win. I love his game and I adore his attitude, especially since it is contagious. Also, Jordan Crawford is averaging two assists/game above his career game average and is 1.9 assists above his career average /36mpg (it doesn't say that in the article, but I looked it up).  That's impressive.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans Empty Re: Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 pm

I think Sully watches too much local Comcast television sports shows. They spend anytime given to the Celtics on tanking, losing, and trading Rondo, Green, Bass, and Sully. They are a
disgusting group. This is where this is coming from. Also, the guy they put in place of the first one, Tanquay, knows so little about basketball that he jumps on the bandwagon too. Heinsohn gave them all an earful the other night. I see where Sully is coming from.

It is amazing how reporters will stand in front of these guys after a game and one of the first questions they ask is about losing and tanking. I have given up watching them all.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans Empty Re: Sully Doesn't Want Wishy-Washy Fans

Post by beat Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Rosalie

Think Tanquay is the one that looks like his suit is a size or two too small.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Half of them on should see a new tailor!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down