Who Would You Give For Asik?

+2
dboss
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

What Would You Be Willing To Trade For Asik?

Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_lcap0%Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_lcap33%Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_lcap0%Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_lcap67%Who Would You Give For Asik? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

Who Would You Give For Asik? Empty Who Would You Give For Asik?

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm

According to the NBA Trade Machine, all of these trades would work.

According to reports, Houston is demanding a 1st round pick to be included in any deal for Asik.  Picks have no dollar value, but sweeten deals.  Since this seems to be the case, all the options below include a first round pick going from Boston to Houston in the deal.  If you'd like to specify which pick/year you'd be willing to throw in, specify it in your post and why you think that one would be enough to seal the deal (or why you think giving a better pick is a deal killer for Boston).

The deals offered below are the tough ones to swallow, for us.  I'm not going to waste time offering deals like Bogans and Brooks and a pick for Asik.  Not only wouldn't Houston go for it, I have no doubt everybody on this board would dive through hoops of fire 6' deep to be the first to hit the "YES!" button on the trade.  So, all your choices below are hard ones.  I'm going to assume that any trade that swaps out a more valuable player for a less valuable one will also meet with this board's approval.  I'm also assuming that Rondo, Sully and KO are off the table, since they are future core.  Jeff Green probably is too, but that might be their deal-maker.

We know there's no such thing as a free lunch, you generally have to give value to get value (this could be another #1 pick for Parish and a #3, but let's assume it isn't.  Another deal like that might not come until the 2nd coming).  We all know we need height and beef.  We also all know that there just isn't much NBA quality players like that available.  Everybody who has them, are keeping them.

Except for Houston.

bob
btw, a Bass for Lee plus pick for Asik would work too but, as I said, if you're willing to give up Crawford or Bradley you'd definitely be willing to give up Lee.  It would be ironic if Lee ended up going back to Houston.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Give For Asik? Empty Re: Who Would You Give For Asik?

Post by dboss Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 pm

None of the above.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Not Green, not Bradley and not Crawford.

By the process of elimination, the last one is the only one that works for me.

I would give the 2014 1st round pick from Brooklyn.  I would throw in a 2nd round pick if it helps get-R-dun.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I voted for lee & bass...

Part of the reason I voted as such is some other choices filled a need while creating another... (Any jeff green deal)

However with Bradley doung so well at the 2 on both ends, the return of rondo looming and the emergence of Crawford I'm excited to see what our backcourt looks like with the possibility of rondo/Bradley starting and Crawford as a combo being the first guy off the bench.

With asik our front court looks nice too- even without bass
C- asik- k.0. - victor
Pf- sully- k.0- green
Sf- green- Wallace-Wallace

Sg- Bradley- Crawford- brooks
Pg- rondo- Crawford- pressely

I know nothing about cassoulet but he could be an upgrade over Vic but I dunno... I don't know if the above lineup will beat a pacers or heat team but we still have other assets that are movable to gutter upgrade as well...

P
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Matty wrote:I voted for lee & bass...  

Part of the reason I voted as such is some other choices filled a need while creating another... (Any jeff green deal)

However with Bradley doung so well at the 2 on both ends, the return of rondo looming and the emergence of Crawford I'm excited to see what our backcourt looks like with the possibility of rondo/Bradley starting and Crawford as a combo being the first guy off the bench.

With asik our front court looks nice too- even without bass
C- asik- k.0. - victor
Pf- sully- k.0- green
Sf- green- Wallace-Wallace

Sg- Bradley- Crawford- brooks
Pg- rondo- Crawford- pressely

I know nothing about cassoulet but he could be an upgrade over Vic but I dunno...  I don't know if the above lineup will beat a pacers or heat team  but we still have other assets that are movable to gutter upgrade as well...

P

Matty,

Cassoulet?  That's funny.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Cassoulet-107409

Omri Casspi

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/casspom01.html

http://hoopshype.com/players/omri_casspi.htm

25 years old, 6'9", 225# SF.  So, he's not an anything compared to Vitor.  Makes $947k and this is his last year.  An expiring contract.

/36mpg

14.5pts/36mpg, 44.8%fg%, 38.6% from 3, 6.7rebs/36mpg, 2.4assists and 2.2TOs/36mpg, .6 blocks/36mpg, 1.5 steals/36mpg

By comparison

Jeff Green - /36mpg. Makes $9M and has two more years left after this one.

17.9pts/36mpg, 45.9%fg%, 41% from 3, 4.7rebs/36mpg, 1.7assists and 1.9TOs/36mpg, .4 blocks/36mpg, .4 steals/36mpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Bob.... Spellcheck sucks on my phone.... Sad
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm

How about Keith Bogans and a ham sandwich?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Bobh,
If I have to choose JG vs Casspi, JG wins hands down despite very close stats. IMHO.
I watched Casspi in a few games when he played in Cle. Talent-wise and defense-wise he isn't even close to JG.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:06 pm

In my opinion, Rondo, Sullinger, and Bradley should be off the table.

I would like to see them also keep Green and Bass, but I get the feeling one of them is at risk, most likely Bass.

Crawford has grown on me and while I'd prefer they didn't trade him at this juncture I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken about it. Same with Courtney Lee.

As far as everyone else, it wouldn't matter that much.

But if they trade away my personal "off the table" players I might have to cry myself to sleep at night for a few years wondering what could have been lol.

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

I voted Bass and Lee, because I think Crawford is more valuable to the team than Lee is.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down