asik question

+2
Sam
Matty
6 posters

Go down

asik question Empty asik question

Post by Matty Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 pm

A LOT of us would like to see him in green, lets say Danny gets kevin to help us make the deal happen, is there any way Boston could have Asik sign a extension beyond next season before the deal went down?

just curious  bounce 
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

asik question Empty Re: asik question

Post by Sam Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:03 am

Calling Dr. Gyso. Calling Dr. Gyso.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Dr gyso is in surgery and is unavailable at the moment.

I am his apprentice. The answer is yes provided a team option or a player option is in place. One additional year can be added to the.contract. The early termination option could also be used.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 pm

In Asik's case, there is no option, team or player.  His contract is only three years long, so it cannot be extended.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q59

Larry Coon wrote:59. Can existing contracts be extended?

Contracts for fewer than four seasons may not be extended.

Sorry.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:01 pm

In a Q&A session with Houston season-ticket holders before Friday night’s 88-87 home loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, general manager Daryl Morey told the audience that Asik will likely remain a Rocket throughout his entire contract. “We pushed to trade Omer in December,” said Morey. “We felt we had to make a fair and aggressive effort to do that. Obviously, he’d prefer to be a starter. “At this point, Omer is very likely going to be here until the end of his contract at the end of next season, not this season. The window to trade him was [in December], and teams weren’t aggressive enough to get him, so we’re excited about him being a part of our future.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:04 pm

and that is why I am an apprentice.

Thanks gyso

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:

In a Q&A session with Houston season-ticket holders before Friday night’s 88-87 home loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, general manager Daryl Morey told the audience that Asik will likely remain a Rocket throughout his entire contract. “We pushed to trade Omer in December,” said Morey. “We felt we had to make a fair and aggressive effort to do that. Obviously, he’d prefer to be a starter. “At this point, Omer is very likely going to be here until the end of his contract at the end of next season, not this season. The window to trade him was [in December], and teams weren’t aggressive enough to get him, so we’re excited about him being a part of our future.”

bob

And have we heard from the Asik camp about this?

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm

That could just be posturing. At least I hope so. In the meantime, I haven't heard anything about his injury.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:48 pm

As I've said before, he should accept whatever role he has graciously and perform to the best of his ability. He may not be a starter, but he can be a great contributor nonetheless. Doesn't he understand that all contributions matter? That whether you start or come off the bench is not the most important factor?

I'm sorry, but this is not a particularly great mindset to have, in my opinion. He's a good player, but his head is in the wrong place. Perhaps his mindset can change in the proper environment, but for the moment, I don't like what I see on that front.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

There is a guy in this very draft that is going to be a great player. He is flying under the radar.

I have idea who he is.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down