+5
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
worcester
k_j_88
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft Empty Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140417/jabari-parker-declares-for-nba-draft/

I haven’t consulted many people during this process. I talked to my parents, though. They simply said it was my decision and they would stand behind me either way. They just want me to be happy.

Ultimately, I boiled my decision down to two simple questions:

Which environment — college or the NBA — offers me the best opportunity to grow as a basketball player?

Which environment — college or the NBA — offers me the best opportunity to grow and develop off the court?

The answer to both questions is undeniably the NBA.

There is something else. My father, Sonny, played in the NBA. I know firsthand that the career span of a pro basketball player is finite. The lucky ones play until their mid-30s. With that perspective, I shrink my professional career with each year that I remain in college. It’s ironic, but true.

bob
MY NOTE: Of the Big name players in the upcoming draft, Macauley-Stein is staying in school and Julius Randle has not decided yet.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft Empty Re: Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft

Post by k_j_88 Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 pm

I like the way Parker stated the process of his decision-making. I think he'll be a great player someday.

Sidenote: This and the previous thread about Parker should be merged.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft Empty Re: Jabari Parker Declares For The NBA Draft

Post by worcester Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 pm

I've been saying for over two years that Jabari would wind up a Celtic. O Prophetess of Delphi, don't fail me now!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 pm

worse you like him that much?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Yes, I like him that much... He'll bring magic to the Celts. We can build around him, Rajon, Avery, Sully, and Kelly. If we can also get a center, we'll be golden.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 am

If we stay in the top 5 and don't drop like we did on ping pong day in '07 going from 2 to 5 when three teams jumped over us we'll be getting a very good player.

But it would certainly be nice to get into the top 2 or 3 so we have choices.

Going to be a thrill-filled and anxious draft lottery day on May 20th.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 am

Interesting line from a piece by Jeff Eisenberg:

"Ultimately, however, Parker chose to strike while his stock is hot and enter the NBA draft."

Yeah he's so hot he shot 4 for 14 his last game in Duke's loss to Mercer.

Hopefully he'll be a great pro.  I do like him. And wouldn't mind seeing us end up with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/potential-no--1-pick-jabari-parker-leaves-duke--enters-the-nba-draft-170044778.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:18 am

worcester wrote:Yes, I like him that much... He'll bring magic to the Celts. We can build around him, Rajon, Avery, Sully, and Kelly. If we can also get a center, we'll be golden.

we couldn't go wrong with him at the 3, the kid I love is Exum, he looks like the next Havlicek to me, he can play the 1 to 3 IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 am

I did not know his dad was Sonny Parker!!

like Grant, good bloodlines.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Parker may very well go #1 over Embiid and Wiggins.

No doubt wherever he lands he's probably their SF for years. You can build a champion with this kid. If you could get him and Rondo together on the court, forget worrying about a center. Heck, Mugsy Bogues could be your center.

Cross your fingers extra tight.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Jabari Parker would certainly be my first choice. Then Embiid.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Embiid first, because I think he is a rare talent and because he's a center. I don't consider this a case of taking Sam Bowie before Michael Jordan or Greg Oden before Kevin Durant.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I'd like to see them get Embiid, but I believe the statistical probability lies more with Exum.  I agree with you, Cow, while I know you're talking about a Havlicek-type player than a direct comparison with John.  I believe the most important three positions on the team are and will be (in order): PG, C and 6th man.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Sam I like his running ability, his scoring ability and handle and vision, I haven't seen a wing this versatile on film against other high caliber college all star types ever, he just looks so smooth. The versatility is why I'm saying Havlicek....glad you see something there too. In the video I've seen he really stands out, he can play fast and let the game come to him and play slow.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down