Predicting the future

3 posters

Go down

Predicting the future Empty Predicting the future

Post by swish Fri May 09, 2014 6:23 pm

The road to the Celtics championship in 2007-08 started in 2003-04 when Danny arrived on the scene. From that 03-04 roster of 15 players only Perkins and Pierce were on the championship club. From the 04-05 roster of 15 players Tony Allen made it to the big game. The 05-06 roster of 18 players added Scalabrine to the list. The 06-07 roster of 16 players saw  Powe and Rondo make it to the 07-08 club. All in all Danny started the 07-08 season with just 6 players out of the 64 roster spots that had existed during those 4 building years. So are we a little early speculating on the makeup of next years team when the final product could be 3 or 4 years from being finalized?

Swish

Last edited by swish on Fri May 09, 2014 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Terminology)

swish

Back to top Go down

Predicting the future Empty Re: Predicting the future

Post by Sam Fri May 09, 2014 8:18 pm

If anything were riding on speculations, it would be premature. And I'm the first one to avoid predictions that I think could make me look like an idiot later. But this is a chat board, and part of the fun is in speculating. I'm just glad we don't have a financial stake in the outcomes of the speculation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri May 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Sam

Your right about speculation being a fun type pastime. Just posted the numbers to show the amount of wheeling and dealing that Danny went through before having the chips to put the final product on the floor.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri May 09, 2014 11:10 pm

The one huge factor in all of this is certainly the draft lottery. I'm of the mindset that the draft will have significant ramifications on what players are pursued during free agency. A top 3 pick will mean that the Celtics either draft a center or a wing player for the next decade.

So yes, many of us are speculating. But I think speculation is easy to do when there's no action.

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down