Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston

5 posters

Go down

Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston Empty Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 am

What's of interest here is that Gortat re-tweeted this photo-shopped picture of him.  

On the first day of free agent signings, Danny is going to get a nice fruit basket from Marcin.  I don't know the status of the whole Asik situation, Asik is perhaps more of what we need, but I'd be ok with Gortat too.  Very, very solid fundamentally.

Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston Gortat-tweet

He also wouldn't have to worry about this happening anymore either:

Marcin Gortat        ✔ @MGortat
Follow
@RajonRondo come on man no more pass fakes plaeaseeeee! U make me look bad!
8:26 AM - 3 Apr 2014

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston Empty Re: Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston

Post by beat Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

Bib

I do hope you noticed the score of the game in that clip......21-6 Washington. Perhaps Gortat was taking a break?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston Empty Re: Marcin Gortat Seems Open To Coming To Boston

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:57 pm

BobH,

This thread makes my day. I've been praying for some glimmer of hope with this.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Certainly a viable second choice, although I'd still rather see a trade for the center position because that would leave more cap room to fill in at wing positions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:28 pm

sam wrote:Certainly a viable second choice, although I'd still rather see a trade for the center position because that would leave more cap room to fill in at wing positions.

Sam

Sam,

It could be a sign-and trade with the Wiz.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Sam,

look at it this way, If Gortat signs we have all our assets still here.

we can still sign Bradley after signing Gortat, I believe so no worries there.

so lets assume he does want to come here.

If the cap ends up at $62M and we are at $58M with our non-guaranteed deals....then we need to as least cut Bogans to then have $9M in cap space for Gortat.

Bradley can be re-signed or matched and we can go over the cap to do it.

a roster after the draft and the first few days of free agency of:

Gortat
Fav
Anthony
Bass
Sully
Kelly
Green
Wallace
Gordon- #6?
Bradley
Johnson
J. Young- #17?
Rondo
Pressey

looks mighty strong. We'd still be looking to move Bass and/or maybe Green (Afflalo anyone?) in a trade for Guard depth.

still be around $70M in cap space and well under the luxury line.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:42 pm

I do think KDP has a good point.

Instead of using assets on a piece that can be obtained for less makes more sense. Then those assets can later be traded for a major piece (like a Kevin Love, if Ainge so chooses).

The fewer assets you have, the fewer options for bringing in more talent.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Follow

Marcin GortatVerified account
‏@MGortat
Damn people..... I didn't know my RT will blow out my T-account ! I did that because i like the work some one did on that pic... Thats it
Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:04 am

kdp,

I don't look at personnel from the perspective of assets or finances.  My first priority is not to say, "Who can they most readily afford?"  My first priority is to determine who will best fill the Celtics' needs.  After that, the matter of assets or finances comes into play, and that's Danny's job, not mine.  I'm not saying the financial side is unimportant, but I'd rather pick a target and then determine how to afford him.

I don't think Gortat offers the kind of intimidating defense that Asik does.  And I think intimidating defense what the Celtics need in order for their defensive effort will be well-balanced so that other players won't have to make defensive adjustments because of a hole in the middle.  Add that to Asik's rebounding ability, and I believe he's the best center the Celtics could get at the present time.  Better than Gortat and better than Embiid for that matter.  I'd like to have Kevin Love as well.  But, if the asset war chest isn't sufficient for both, I want the center need filled first.  The Celtics have two improving options and one steady option at Love's position.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down