Celtics Hire New Head Of European Scouting

2 posters

Go down

Celtics Hire New Head Of European Scouting Empty Celtics Hire New Head Of European Scouting

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:50 am

http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=13521&lang=en

Here's his "thanks and goodbye" letter to the fans:

Benas Matkevicius:
After three and a half seasons working with the best players, head coaches, ast. coaches and office workers in Europe it’s not easy just to say goodbye and leave. I enjoyed working at the highest basketball level in Europe and am very grateful for this experience, don’t take anything for granted and surely understand that I wouldn’t be in this position without the help of certain people! It is my duty to thank Coach Kazlauskas who brought me to CSKA and gave me this chance of working with the best in this business by giving me a platform to help the team and gain priceless experience!

Without question I thank Coach Messina for ’raising me’ in the last two seasons and teaching me to see the game with different eyes. Also, giving me a platform to be heard and helping me to become who I am today! And certainly, our front office with Andrey Vatutin and Natalia Furaeva, who always believed in me, my knowledge and work ethic. Were always supportive and helpful when it was needed and provided me with every tool necessary to be successful in what I do! I wish Coach Itoudis, his new staff and the players of 2014/15 a successful season and the Euroleague title, which everybody is working so hard for! It’s an honor for me to move from one first-class franchise in Europe to another in the US and continue my career with the Boston Celtics.

bob
MY NOTE:  Benas Matkevicius is Lithuanian.  The team he is leaving is CSKA Moscow.  During the Soviet years it was the sports club for the Red Army (the famous Soviet hockey team, for example, was one of the teams of the CSKA Moscow sports club, as was the Soviet basketball team).  It is now mostly privately owned but the Russian Dept of Defense still owns a piece.

This is from Wiki:

PBC CSKA Moscow is a Russian professional basketball team that is based in Moscow, Russia. The club is a member of the VTB United League and the Euroleague. It is often referred to in the West as "Red Army" for its past affiliation with the Soviet Army. CSKA won two titles between 2006 and 2009 in Europe's principal club competition, the Euroleague, making the final in all four seasons. In 2006, they defeated two-time defending champions Maccabi Tel Aviv 73–69 in the final at Sazka Arena in Prague.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Hire New Head Of European Scouting Empty Re: Celtics Hire New Head Of European Scouting

Post by Sam Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:54 pm

If Benas had gone to one of the New York pro football teams, he could have been Benas and the Jets.

Anyway, don't quit after reading that one, Benas.  And welcome to the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down