Bradley: Boston Return Was A No-Brainer

3 posters

Go down

Bradley:  Boston Return Was A No-Brainer Empty Bradley: Boston Return Was A No-Brainer

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4714503/bradley-boston-return-was-no-brainer

Bradley: Boston return was no-brainer
August, 21, 2014
AUG 21 2:00 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

DARTMOUTH, Mass. -- Meeting with reporters on the eve of free agency in late June, Avery Bradley expressed some anxiousness about hitting the open market, but stressed a desire to be back in Boston.

It took little more than 24 hours for the two sides to hammer out a four-year, $32 million agreement to keep Bradley in green. Reflecting on how quickly the deal came together on Thursday at his latest area youth basketball clinic, Bradley stressed again this is where he wanted to be.

"I had [an opportunity] to stay near my second home -- I’ve been living here for four years," said Bradley. "I love playing under Danny Ainge and [coach] Brad [Stevens], they are amazing guys. It was a no-brainer for me. They were the first team that called and -- we had other calls -- but, Boston, I knew I was coming back here."

A new contract ought to increase outside expectations on the 23-year-old shooting guard, but he seems unfazed by it all.

"I try not to think about it at all," he said. "Just like when people say, any time you play an NBA game, whenever you think, that’s when you make mistakes. So I just try not to think about it at all. Just go out there and play my game. Honestly, that’s what I’m looking to do. In order for us to win, if I have to go out there and hold somebody to 10 points on the other team, that’s what I’ll look to do. Whatever it takes."

bob
MY NOTE:  One of the things I'm really looking forward to this year are the dynamics between Rondo, Pressey, Smart and Bradley.  I expect them to get along, none of them have a Kobe/Lance type of personality, what I mean is I'm looking forward to seeing how they challenge each other to improve and succeed.  Rondo, as we all know, is extremely competitive.  So is Bradley.  Smart, based upon everything I've seen and read, is also extremely competitive and Phil Pressey has a chip on his shoulder.  It should be fun and, as fans and as a team, it should produce positive results over the year.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bradley:  Boston Return Was A No-Brainer Empty Re: Bradley: Boston Return Was A No-Brainer

Post by k_j_88 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Too much athleticism in the backcourt to not make things interesting. Bradley was also the best scoring option on the team last year, in my opinion.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Bradley:  Boston Return Was A No-Brainer Empty Re: Bradley: Boston Return Was A No-Brainer

Post by Sam Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:29 pm

I think the Celtics are missing a good p.r. chance and possibly a bit of added revenue by not making portions of practice open to the public.  Namely the scrimmage portions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down