Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe

3 posters

Go down

Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe Empty Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:57 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234946/Wolves-Offer-Max-Contract-To-Eric-Bledsoe-Pushing-For-Sign-And-Trade

Wolves Offer Max Contract To Eric Bledsoe, Pushing For Sign-And-Trade
Sep 19, 2014 4:27 PM EDT

The Minnesota Timberwolves are making a final push to acquire Eric Bledsoe in a sign-and-trade with the Phoenix Suns.

The Wolves are offering Bledsoe a four-year, $63 million max contract.

Bledsoe and the Suns have been in a stalemate all summer after the team offered him a four-year, $48 million deal in July.

Fox 10 in Phoenix earlier reported the Wolves had made a maximum contract offer to Bledsoe.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

bob
MY NOTE:  Bye-bye Rubio and any new contract in Minny.  Does Flip Saunders really think that Bledsoe's a better match for Wiggins, Lavine, T. Young, Bennett and the rest of their relatively non-passing team than Ricky Rubio?  Rubio's averaging 9.2 assists and 3.3 TOs per 36mpg, Bledsoe is 5.6 assists and 3.6 TOs per 36/mpg.  CLEARLY, Rubio is a better floor general.  Bledsoe is a shoot-first point guard, ala Russell Westbrook.  

Barkeep!  A round of Max contracts on the house!

You're making this bed, Flip, now you have to lie in it.

On the bright side, here's another opportunity for Danny to worm his way into the middle and help facilitate this deal with with a combination of Bogan's contract, Thornton or the rest of the kitchen sink.  Did Danny use the $4.25M TPE he got by facilitating the Hump signing?  He couldn't get it done with the Love trade because Minny coveted Thaddeus Young, so Philly had the inside track on that one.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe Empty Re: Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe

Post by Sam Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Maybe Bledsoe can play power forward for the Wolves.  As for the maximum contract, it's one of my favorite things on earth.  I think, from coast to shining coast, everyone should have a max contract—especially me.

More seriously, any trading activity is good activity as far as I'm concerned, because it tends to shake things up; and I agree with Bob that Danny needs some action out there so he can take advantage of it.

Sam

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe Empty Re: Wolves Offer Max Contract For Bledsoe

Post by k_j_88 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 pm

What a surprise. Minnesota is continuing to show why they are a perennial bottom-feeder in this league.

You make a few good trades during the Kevin Love saga, then you decide to overpay a guy that won't add much in the pay of PG play to your team. Brilliant.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down