Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot

3 posters

Go down

Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot Empty Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot

Post by gyso Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:19 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-durant-could-miss-up-to-eight-weeks-with-fractured-foot-152900799.html

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with a right foot fracture that typically requires surgery.

Durant told the team after practice on Saturday that he had discomfort in his right foot, the Thunder said in a statement. Following imaging studies, the Thunder determined the NBA's reigning Most Valuable Player had a Jones fracture, which is a fairly common fracture of the fifth metatarsal in the foot. Based on the time-frame, if Durant has surgery he could return to action some time between mid-November and early December. The Thunder are still determining what course of action to take for Durant.

"We are in the process of collaboratively evaluating the most appropriate next steps with Kevin, his representatives, and Thunder medical personnel," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement. "Until a course of action is determined, we are unable to provide a timeline specific to Kevin's case."

Durant led the NBA in scoring with 32 points per game last season. He missed one game last season and has missed only 16 games in his seven-year career. Durant withdrew from playing for USA Basketball in the World Cup this past summer to rest. The other small forwards on the Thunder's roster include Perry Jones and Lance Thomas.

A broken fifth metatarsal in the foot?  That only happens when kick-boxing a wall.

gyso, MD

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot Empty Re: Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot

Post by Sam Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:23 am

Too bad.  He seems like a good guy.  GWQ, Kevin.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot Empty Re: Kevin Durant could miss up to eight weeks with fractured foot

Post by rickdavisakaspike Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Wait one minute! KD has a Jones fracture? Could that mean he broke his Basketball Jones? Doctors don't know diddly. Quick, somebody call Cheech Marin!

Seriously, the Buddha teaches that all things are interconnected. The metatarsal bone is connected to the foot bone, the foot bone is connected to the leg bone, and the leg bone is connected to the jones bone. That sounds like more than 8 weeks, that sounds like a life sentence with solitary confinement.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:24 am

I must be a closet Buddhist.  I've always believed that all things are related.  I had a sociology teacher whose first words in our first class actually were, "I believe in the interconnectedness of all things."  So I raised my hand and asked him if he'd like to go look for furniture.  And he re-seated me in the back row.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down