bobheckler
gyso
birnam
22 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Kevin Durant Empty Kevin Durant

Post by birnam Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:50 am

As of this morning on ESPN per Woj -- Celtics are back in the kD sweepstakes and willing to include Jaylen in package.

birnam

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant Empty Re: Kevin Durant

Post by gyso Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:14 am

NBA Rumors: Celtics offered Jaylen Brown in Kevin Durant trade talks with Nets

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-celtics-offered-jaylen-121400248.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Darren Hartwell
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 8:14 AM

Report: Celtics offered this trade package to Nets for Kevin Durant originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

The Boston Celtics have grabbed a ticket in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes.

The Celtics have engaged with the Brooklyn Nets in trade talks regarding Durant, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported early Monday morning. The Athletic's Shams Charania followed by reporting that Boston actually sent a trade offer to Brooklyn for Durant, which the Nets turned down and countered.

Here are the details of the Celtics' initial offer -- which included star wing Jaylen Brown -- and the Nets' counter, per Charania:

"The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston -- in any proposal -- to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added."

That Boston apparently is willing to include Brown in a trade for Durant is notable. Brown and Jayson Tatum helped lead the Celtics to the NBA Finals last season as one of the best young duos in the league, but Brown's talent, age (25) and contract situation (signed through 2023-24) make him a valuable trade chip that could help the C's land one of the greatest players in NBA history.

While the Celtics are "less inclined" to include Smart in addition to Brown in a Durant trade, Charania reports the Celtics "have emerged as a serious possibility" as a Durant landing spot and have "tremendous interest" in acquiring the 12-time All-Star.

It's worth considering the sources of these reports, as they could be emanating from Durant's camp or the Nets in a ploy to gain leverage. But for now, it appears Boston is very much in the hunt for Durant this offseason.

My comments: I don't like this if it is true. We do not need Durant. If the Celtics keep dangling Brown out there like they did with Ray Allen, we may get the same results; Brown will feel disrespected and leave on his own at his first opportunity.

This ain't NBA2K, sometimes a home-grown biscuit is better than an imported flaky pastry.

I hope this is just noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:23 am

I sure hope this is with Jaylen's blessing, or even desire.  Not that I want him to go but if Brad is thinking this is an upgrade I don't buy it.  If Jaylen wants to be the leader of his own team and sees this as his opportunity, well, then he's probably going to go eventually anyway.  He has 2 more years on his contract @ $26.6M and $28.5M respectively.

How can Brad justify all the extra money in luxury taxes?  We're already WAY over.  I appreciate Wyc willing to dish out the $ but, really?!  KD has FOUR more years on his contract ($43M, $46.4M, $49.8M and $53M).  He'll be 37 when it's done, he's one month away from 34 now.

If it was anybody but Woj...

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:35 am

No!
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:54 am

bobheckler wrote:I sure hope this is with Jaylen's blessing, or even desire.  Not that I want him to go but if Brad is thinking this is an upgrade I don't buy it.  If Jaylen wants to be the leader of his own team and sees this as his opportunity, well, then he's probably going to go eventually anyway.  He has 2 more years on his contract @ $26.6M and $28.5M respectively.

How can Brad justify all the extra money in luxury taxes?  We're already WAY over.  I appreciate Wyc willing to dish out the $ but, really?!  KD has FOUR more years on his contract ($43M, $46.4M, $49.8M and $53M).  He'll be 37 when it's done, he's one month away from 34 now.

If it was anybody but Woj.

Bob

Or Shams. Both very reputable. Heard about this 2 weeks ago and posted it. Buckle up!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:26 am

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 2 hours ago
Reminder for Celtics fans this morning: Important to always consider what side of things a report comes from and why that team would be doing so.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:32 am

Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
The Nets and Celtics entered trade discussions for Kevin Durant, per
@ShamsCharania

Boston reportedly offered Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a draft pick for Durant, but the Nets also wanted Marcus Smart, more draft picks and potentially one more rotation player

Bob
MY NOTE:  No, Brad, no.  Don't become the Anti-Danny.  Don't be the one getting fleeced.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:41 am

If I was thinking Brown would leave Boston after 2 years, I would trade for Donovan Mitchel! He is locked up for 4 years at a reasonable price. He is also in the prime of his career.

Obviously the package would have to include Brown, White, draft picks.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:08 pm

Pete. Hell no!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 2 hours ago
Reminder for Celtics fans this morning: Important to always consider what side of things a report comes from and why that team would be doing so.

Bob

I thought this too but the reporting is pretty darn specific for it just to be subterfuge.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:46 pm

Jaylen Brown @FCHWPO
about 50 minutes ago
Smh

Bob
MY NOTE:  I'm choosing to take this tweet by Jaylen as being him being dismissive of the rumors.  I hope both of us are right.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:58 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/07/celtics-trade-offer-for-kevin-durant-is-likely-weeks-old-these-are-not-fresh-talks-report.html

Celtics trade offer for Kevin Durant is likely weeks old: ‘These are not fresh talks’ (report)

Published: Jul. 25, 2022, 11:45 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Multiple reports surfaced on Monday morning highlighting the Celtics as new potential players in the bidding for Kevin Durant from the Brooklyn Nets. Shams Charania of Stadium was first to report that Boston included Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and a future draft pick in an offer for the All-Star forward that the Nets turned down.

However, it appears that despite the news surfacing of these reports this morning, these talks may have gone down weeks ago.

“I know that it came out today so it’s front of mind, but from what I understand those are not fresh talks,” ESPN’s Brian Windhorst told Arizona Sports’ Bickley & Marotta on Monday.

Windhorst also elaborated on what he believed was Brooklyn’s stance in current negotiations after Durant’s trade demand.

“Right now the Nets’ viewpoint is: If they can’t get their price, they’re going to ride out the storm,” Windhorst said. “They could start the season with Durant or that could be a negotiating stance.”

MassLive analysis: Boston has made a number of moves in recent weeks involving bolstering their current roster, including trading for Malcolm Brogdon and signing Danilo Gallinari in free agency. The question remains now is whether the Celtics have walked away from the negotiating table since their reported offer for Durantt or if these talks remain fluid or could be revisited.

However, Windhorst’s report is another example of the likelihood that the timing of these leaks were purposeful. Brooklyn is either looking to drum up better offers or perhaps damage a rival’s relationship with their star by floating out Jaylen Brown’s name in trade talks.

Either way, this will be a fascinating situation to watch unfold in the coming days and weeks. Brad Stevens has operated in the shadows largely so far during his tenure as president of basketball operations but these Durant reports have changed that in this one instance. No matter what the end result is with Durant, Boston may need to do some damage control with the names involved in these rumored talks.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:11 pm

If there is any substance to it, I get it. It would be a clear indication of Win Now Mode.

If the deal were for Brown, White and a pick, I'm good with it.

The Nets reportedly insist on including Smart, so no to that in my opinion, and apparently Boston's opinion as well. That leaves us too short at guard and too compromised on defense.

Lots of reports on this proposal today, but it looks like it has been ongoing for some time.

If it is really cooking up stronger now it would seem be an indication the team is going hunting seriously for a banner or two right away, versus letting a young group pursue several over an extended time. Given the state of free agency and contract expectations, there might be something to be said for adding Durant and hanging that banner now, before some of our young guns leave for bigger deals over the next few years anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Celtics trade offer for Kevin Durant is likely weeks old: ‘These are not fresh talks’ (report)

That's what Ktron said about this in one of the other KD related threads.

IMO, with Brad, we fans find about trades AFTER an agreement was made. This smells of fish, something is leaking out of the Nets office two weeks after. If this is how the Nets management team does business (leaking past failed talks for leverage) then the rest of the teams will have them on BLOCK.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:27 pm

Bad move IMHO

Durant is still elite offensively, Jaylen can cover multiple positions that Durant cannot. Durant has to pace himself on defense to have energy for offense. Durant is 34, Jaylen is 25. Tatum and Durant play the same position. Jaylen can play bully ball with 2’s and 1’s, Durant cannot defend either of them like Jaylen.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Somehow Brad and Ime have to assuage Jaylen's ego. I never liked the way Brad treated Jaylen, and I doubt he did either. Methinks Ime will help keep Jaylen a Celtic. Sure hope so.

Last edited by worcester on Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:35 pm

Mark Murphy
@Murf56
Source on Jaylen Brown's reaction to trade rumors: "He loves it in Boston. He was two games away from a championship. He's happy and looking forward to coming back. ... Like Kawhi, AD and others on that level, he's going to be included in every report because of who he is."

Jaylen Brown
@FCHWPO
· 2h
Smh
8:49 AM · Jul 25, 2022·Twitter Web App

Bob
MY NOTE:  I think the happiest, most relaxing time in my life is the period between the end of the trade deadline and the start of the playoffs.  There's none of this floating around like turds in a toilet.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:49 pm

bobheckler wrote:Mark Murphy
@Murf56
Source on Jaylen Brown's reaction to trade rumors: "He loves it in Boston. He was two games away from a championship. He's happy and looking forward to coming back. ... Like Kawhi, AD and others on that level, he's going to be included in every report because of who he is."

Jaylen Brown
@FCHWPO
· 2h
Smh
8:49 AM · Jul 25, 2022·Twitter Web App

Bob
MY NOTE:  I think the happiest, most relaxing time in my life is the period between the end of the trade deadline and the start of the playoffs.  There's none of this floating around like turds in a toilet.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🙏🙏🙏🙏😂😂😂😊😊😊😊🙌🙌🙏🙏🙏🏀🏀🏀🏀💕

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:51 pm

I think worse and I are going to form a committee named KEEP JAYLEN BROWN IN GREEN🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:52 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I think worse and I are going to form a committee named KEEP JAYLEN BROWN IN GREEN🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀:four_:four_leaf_clover:🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀leaf_clover:

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:53 pm

[quote="cowens/oldschool"]I think worse and I are going to form a committee named KEEP JAYLEN BROWN IN GREEN🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀four_leaf_clover:🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:19 pm

I agree with NY Celt. If its White, Brown and a pick I’d do it.

Don’t get it twisted, I love Brown but on his best day now and future forward he will never be as good as Kevin Durant. I also believe that KD has a good 3 if not 4 good years left in him. However, I’d be very surprised if this ever goes down. Brooklyn obviously is playing games and wants more.  

I really don’t want Brown gone but suspect that he may be oiling up his
Feets with plans of kicking rocks after his deal is up in 2 years. Just a hunch.
Stand by…..

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:44 pm

gyso wrote:NBA Rumors: Celtics offered Jaylen Brown in Kevin Durant trade talks with Nets

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-celtics-offered-jaylen-121400248.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Darren Hartwell
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 8:14 AM

Report: Celtics offered this trade package to Nets for Kevin Durant originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

The Boston Celtics have grabbed a ticket in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes.

The Celtics have engaged with the Brooklyn Nets in trade talks regarding Durant, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported early Monday morning. The Athletic's Shams Charania followed by reporting that Boston actually sent a trade offer to Brooklyn for Durant, which the Nets turned down and countered.

Here are the details of the Celtics' initial offer -- which included star wing Jaylen Brown -- and the Nets' counter, per Charania:

"The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston -- in any proposal -- to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added."

That Boston apparently is willing to include Brown in a trade for Durant is notable. Brown and Jayson Tatum helped lead the Celtics to the NBA Finals last season as one of the best young duos in the league, but Brown's talent, age (25) and contract situation (signed through 2023-24) make him a valuable trade chip that could help the C's land one of the greatest players in NBA history.

While the Celtics are "less inclined" to include Smart in addition to Brown in a Durant trade, Charania reports the Celtics "have emerged as a serious possibility" as a Durant landing spot and have "tremendous interest" in acquiring the 12-time All-Star.

It's worth considering the sources of these reports, as they could be emanating from Durant's camp or the Nets in a ploy to gain leverage. But for now, it appears Boston is very much in the hunt for Durant this offseason.

My comments:  I don't like this if it is true.  We do not need Durant.  If the Celtics keep dangling Brown out there like they did with Ray Allen, we may get the same results; Brown will feel disrespected and leave on his own at his first opportunity.

This ain't NBA2K, sometimes a home-grown biscuit is better than an imported flaky pastry.

I hope this is just noise.
                 +1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:52 pm

Waiting for the next Jaylen Brown trade discussion is like waiting for the sun to rise on the Sahara Desert.

It is not unusual to get smacked around in the playoffs and then turn around in the offseason and go after the guy that did the smacking.  Is there a legit reason for a reverse order of things?

Everybody knows what we did to the Nets in the playoffs.  Revisit what KD did in those 4 games.  He averaged a solid 26.3 PPG along with 5.8 rebounds and 6.3 assists.  Those are solid numbers but when you look a a bit deeper you would come to realize that he was very inefficient on offense.  He shot  38.6% from the field and 33.3 % from deep.  He also averaged 5.3 turnovers per game.  

I would not make this deal as presented for multiple reasons.  

We finally made it out of the EC and came within 2 games of winning the title.  The Celtics accomplished this with a first year head coach. The plan to build around the Jays looks like a winning formula.  Brad has gone out and added two quality additions to address the lack of depth.  The owners are ready to ante up millions of dollars to cover the team luxury tax.  
penalty.

I take some exception to the notion presented by NYCelt that going after Durant would mean we are in a win now mode.  We are in a win now mode without trading for KD.

KD turns 34 years old in September.  Jaylen turns 26 in October. That's an 8 year spread.  Jaylen is an allstar caliber talent and KD is a super offensive talent.  The age difference alone should give pause.

We have heard opinions about Jayson and Jaylen not be a good pairing because they are too much alike.  I never agreed with that.  But guess what, JT is actually more like KD.  

Teams win championships when that have positional advantages in their starting lineups and on their bench.  

If Boston made this trade as presented, it would create an unbalance on the team because JB is a high end 2 guard that can also swing to SF.  The depth that you added at point would also be compromised with White gone.

It is not important to have a great player if it means you are weaker at 2 other positions.

Again we beat the Nets despite the fact that they had arguably 2 of the best offensive players in the NBA.  They did not have anyone to check Jaylen.  They could not match up with our bigs even without us having Rob.

The best player does not always make the big difference.

Last point, Jaylen was drafted by the Celtics.  They have developed him into a top tier guy.  He has been loyal to the team.  Durant could have been here if he wanted to.  I'm staying with my guy and the other guy can go screw off.  I honestly do not believe that we have a better chance at winning multiple titles with KD instead of JB.  KD at this point given where the Celtics are as a team should be less valuable to our championship aspirations.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:12 pm

Head his own team???? Remember, the idiot of the NBA is still there, does he want to play second fiddle to him???? This story is sickening. We will give up alot more and it will backfire on us wait and see. I will be disappointed in Brad if he pulls the trigger here UJLESS Jaylen has n quietly requested a change of scenery. The guys today on the Celtics sports channel are saying he wants to get away from Marcus Smart??????? Let's start some more rumors boys, Felger must be eating this one up. He is dying for a Celtics blowup
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next