Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4?

3 posters

Go down

Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4? Empty Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4?

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:40 pm

not sure if this was posted here or not yet as its a couple days old.
one correction is he lists Boston having the Dallas pick next year twice. I think he is correct about it being heavily protected in 2016, but the other pick is Cleveland's and that was in lottery protected only I think. maybe someone has a link to the correct info as frankly there is competing information out there about which picks Danny has next season.

anyhow, does Danny have the ammo to move up and if so, who for?

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/06/19/podcast-knicks-likely-to-trade-no-4-pick/

PODCAST: Knicks likely to trade No. 4 pick

June 19, 2015 by Chris Sheridan

image: http://i2.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sheridanhe-e1400099531712.jpeg?zoom=2&resize=100%2C100
SheridanheIf Jahlil Okafor is available at No. 4, the New York Knicks will take him.

If Okafor is gone, somebody is going to take the No. 4 pick from the Knicks.

This is the intel I am hearing from points near and far as we count down the days to the 2015 NBA Draft. Phil Jackson has a bare cupboard when it comes to future draft picks, and he is inclined to trade down in exchange for multiple picks in this year’s draft and in future drafts.

How bare is the Knicks’ cupboard?

They do not have a second-round pick in 2015, nor in 2016 or 2018.

They do not have a first-round pick in 2016, having sent it to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.

image: http://i0.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/barecupboard.jpg?zoom=2&resize=259%2C194
barecupboardSo WWPD — What Will Phil Do?

The educated guess here is that he will go back and forth with Sam Hinkie of Philadelphia and Danny Ainge of Boston in an effort to restock the cupboard.

The Celtics have picks 16, 28, 33 and 45 in this year’s draft, along with the rights to Brooklyn’s No. 1 picks in 2016, 2017 (right to swap) and 2018. They also have the Mavericks’ first-round pick in 2016, the Mavericks’ first-round pick in 2016 (protected 1-7), the Timberwolves first-round pick in 2016 (protected 1-12), and the Grizlies’ first-round pick in 2018 (protected 1-12).

The 76ers have picks 3, 35, 37, 47, 58 and 60 in this year’s draft. They also own the rights to four first-round picks next year: Their own, the Lakers’ (protected 1-3), the Heat’s (protected 1-10), the Thunder’s (protected 1-15), along with nine second-round picks from other teams between 2016 and 2020.

Both Ainge and Hinkie can load up Phil’s wheelbarrow and restock his cupboard if that is what Jackson chooses to do. At this point, I would say it is more likely than not that Jackson trades the No. 4 pick before the draft.

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/06/19/podcast-knicks-likely-to-trade-no-4-pick/#4BIwtVe9hfjGwLCy.99
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4? Empty Re: Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4?

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:42 pm

and more thoughts on this from Celticsblog.com

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/6/19/8814817/nba-draft-hypothetical-who-would-you-pick-at-4-if-the-celtics-traded

NBA Draft Hypothetical: Who would you pick at #4 if the Celtics traded up with the Knicks?

By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog on Jun 19, 2015, 6:00p 156

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Not a rumor, just a thought.

 Tweet (17) Share (213) Pin

I don't have any rumor to report today so I thought I'd do a thought exercise. There are some rumblings that the Knicks would be willing (or eager?) to trade the #4 pick in order to gather additional assets.

Knicks likely to trade No. 4 pick in 2015 Draft if Okafor unavailable

If Okafor is gone, somebody is going to take the No. 4 pick from the Knicks. This is the intel I am hearing from points near and far as we count down the days to the 2015 NBA Draft. Phil Jackson has a bare cupboard when it comes to future draft picks, and he is inclined to trade down in exchange for multiple picks in this year’s draft and in future drafts.

So, hypothetically if the Celtics decided to throw enough picks at the Knicks to move up to the number 4 spot in the draft, I think that gives the Celtics an interesting (but good) dilemma. (Note: the question about how much it would cost to move up to 4 and how much it would be worth to do so is a related but different set of questions).

It is generally believed that Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor, and D'Angelo Russell will go in the top 3 picks (though there's been a recent push by Kristaps Porzingis and Emmanuel Mudiay could be an option for some teams).

Chad Ford's annual survey of GMs seems to indicate that the next tier of players includes Willie Cauley-Stein, Mario Hezonja, and Justise Winslow.

Assuming the top 3 I mentioned do go 1-2-3 in the draft, who should the Celtics pick at number 4?

Poll

Who would you take at number 4 assuming Towns, Okafor, and Russell are all off the board?

22% Kristaps Porzingis
(1187 votes)

7% Emmanuel Mudiay
(360 votes)

43% Willie Cauley-Stein
(2294 votes)

8% Mario Hezonja
(414 votes)

20% Justise Winslow
(1062 votes)

1% Other
(70 votes)

5387 votes total
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4? Empty Re: Philly and Boston in the hunt for #4?

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:31 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/

Report: Suns shopping Eric Bledsoe, offered to Knicks in package for No. 4 pick
Kurt Helin Jun 23, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

After a lengthy off-season contract dispute, the Phoenix Suns signed Eric Bledsoe last summer and he gave them a strong season — 17 points and 6.1 assists a game, he led the team in Win Shares (seven) and had the highest PER of any player on the roster at the end of the season.

However, the Suns are shopping him around as we head into the NBA Draft Thursday, reports Sean Deveney of The Sporting News — and that’s starting with trying to get the No. 4 pick from the Knicks.

The Suns had talks with the Knicks about dealing the fourth pick for point guard Eric Bledsoe and the No. 13 pick, but Phoenix has not been limited to the Knicks in that regard. The Suns have been dangling Bledsoe in trade offers this offseason and are likely to continue to do so after the draft if Bledsoe is not moved this week, sources confirmed.

Remember a year ago when the problem was the Suns had too many good point guards? They had Goran Dragic but traded him to Miami, and they sent fan favorite Isaiah Thomas to Boston. That left Bledsoe as the last man standing, but now he may be shipped off this summer as well. GM Ryan McDonough has decided to strip this thing down as part of his rebuild. He did acquire Brandon Knight as a point guard in all those trades, but Knight struggled after the trade.

The Suns may move Bledsoe, but I can’t see the Knicks as a good fit — a ball-dominant point guard is not what is needed in the triangle offense. Bledsoe is strong attacking off the dribble but he lacks a good enough outside shot (32.4 percent from three last season, not much better on longer twos) to space the floor the way the offense needs. If the Knicks remain committed to the triangle — and Phil Jackson says they are — then Bledsoe is not their guy.

That said, Bledsoe may well be somebody else’s guy this summer.

bob
MY NOTE:  Phoenix is complete chaos.  If this rumor turns out to be true (not even the trade proposal itself but just that they are looking to move Bledsoe) then that whole turbo-charged guard corp will be gone or is on its final way out.  Amazing.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:48 pm

From riches to rags.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down