cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
23 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Odds and Ends - Page 15 Empty Re: Odds and Ends

Post by steve3344 Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 pm

bobheckler wrote:Cleveland came back from 20 down to win going away in Indy.  Larry might be more receptive to blowing it up now.

bob

Cavs came back from 26 down, tying the all-time biggest playoff deficit erased. Indy led by 26 late in the first half and by 25 with less than five minutes to go in the third quarter. What a Pacers collapse. Larry must be livid. With that huge lead he was probably already counting it as a W and figuring they could tie the series up next game and take it back to Cleveland 2-2. Now it's over. Just like that.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 pm

One of the things that surprised me in this game was the disappearance of Miles Turner.  I thought his offense amd mobility would make life tough for Tristan Thompson.  Not.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 am

Historic damn game by Lebron, looked as great as he ever did, comparable to his last 3 games of Finals last year. Must be fun to have a franchise player that can reach these kind of levels in the playoffs/Finals that previously no superstars have before. To all the people that knocked him for resting, if the man needs to coast a little during regular season, hes earned it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am

Let's trade Kelly for Lebron. Kelly's a better 3 point shooter and is younger.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am

worcester wrote:Let's trade Kelly for Lebron. Kelly's a better 3 point shooter and is younger.

worcester,

A plan you, me, Cowens and Ktronic can all agree upon, I believe.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 am

Now we just need to get LeBron's wife to agree. Love it when a plan comes together.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Watched most of the San Antonio - Houston game last night.

It was interesting to see the Spurs players defending Harden with both of their hands on the sides of their bodies, at shoulder level and fingers spread. They didn't want to give Harden, nor the refs, any possibility of calling a foul. Harden is crafty, no doubt, but he is also a fraud who is now famous for his big head bob to try and make the refs think he was hit when he was not. As a result Harden was able to drive into the lane at will, because no Spur had any body contact with him at all.

Kawhi Leonard is a machine. It doesn't matter if he hits a 3, jams the ball in someone's face, he never changes his facial expressions or demeanor. He looks and acts like he doesn't care but, of course, he does. In an era where everybody is posturing and howling when they dunk the ball or stamping their feet (like Russell Westbrook) it is refreshing to see someone just go about their business without fanfare.

Harden doesn't show much emotion either, except when he gets called for a foul. Kawhi doesn't even dispute, or stare in disbelief, fouls.

The series is now 2-1 San Antonio, they've regained their home court advantage.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 06, 2017 10:41 pm

is it me or has Lebron never looked better, more efficient and in control of all things related to the game? Hes sprinkling outside shots and FT's at a great rate, almost toying with the opposition.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sun May 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Lebron does look better than ever, but I'm not sure if he is improving, or whether defenders on him just don't bust a gut the way Tony Allen did in '08. Quickness is the key. The only way to guard him IMO is all out in his face and someone behind you to pick him up if he gets by. From what I've seen Crowder and Smart are not quick enough. I'd like to see a platoon on him starting with Brown to take the ball out of his hands. We don't really have anyone to stop Irving, either, but our depth - Bradley, Rozier, Smart give us a chance - providing we get that far.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 07, 2017 1:42 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Lebron does look better than ever, but I'm not sure if he is improving, or whether  defenders on him just don't bust a gut the way Tony Allen did in '08. Quickness is the key. The only way to guard him IMO is all out in his face and someone behind you to pick him up if he gets by. From what I've seen Crowder and Smart are not quick enough. I'd like to see a platoon on him starting with Brown to take the ball out of his hands. We don't really have anyone to stop Irving, either, but our depth - Bradley, Rozier, Smart give us a chance - providing we get that far.

Hawk,

" providing we get that far."

Considering where we've come from we're already in the Bonus Round. Every win from here on is gravy.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sun May 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Bob, Yes, agreed. Still, until the season's over, I can't help but think of winning. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 07, 2017 2:44 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Bob, Yes, agreed. Still, until the season's over, I can't help but think of winning. Hawk

Hawk,

Good on ya, mate, good on ya. You're my type of fan.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun May 07, 2017 4:43 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:is it me or has Lebron never looked better, more efficient and in control of all things related to the game? Hes sprinkling outside shots and FT's at a great rate, almost toying with the opposition.

Cow,

I think you're right.

James is easily the most dominating player of his era.  He may end up being in the company of Jordan, in being debatably the most dominating player of any era

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Don't forget Bill Russell.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 pm

NYCelt wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:is it me or has Lebron never looked better, more efficient and in control of all things related to the game? Hes sprinkling outside shots and FT's at a great rate, almost toying with the opposition.

Cow,

I think you're right.

James is easily the most dominating player of his era.  He may end up being in the company of Jordan, in being debatably the most dominating player of any era

Regards

right now I'd take him over Jordan, most dominant playoff run I ever saw was Bird in 86, right now the way Lebron is on in all cylinders, this run is better than best of Jordan.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 07, 2017 10:07 pm

LeBron is palying his best now. Amazing, after 14 seasons in the NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 10:32 pm

worcester wrote:LeBron is palying his best now. Amazing, after 14 seasons in the NBA.

right he sure ain't slowing down, Jordan was great, but Lebron is a freakish 6'8" 260, size of Karl Malone, dribbles and passes like a faster Magic, this playoff run added outside shooting like Larry....carries team on his back and makes everyone better, much better.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 10:39 pm

I didn't see this Lebron coming, shows regular season doesn't really mean all that much as Cavs looked vulnerable during grind of season, but Lebron has mastered coasting during season and peaking at right time when it really matters. Makes me wish we would have rested Bird some games during regular season after 86....if only Len Bias didn't have a very bad night.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 pm

LeBron is much better. Now if Wall and Beal were to get involved in a car accident and couldn't play games 5 and 6, who would put on James in the ECF?

Any good clichés for how LeBron would perform against Boston? All I've got is -

He'll go through the Celts like a hot knife through butter.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 10:45 pm

worse if we get there, were toast

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 10:46 pm

forgot....KO can stop him !!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 pm

If we're toast, at least LeBron will have a use for the butter.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 11:03 pm

worcester wrote:If we're toast, at least LeBron will have a use for the butter.

exactly what I was thinking.....great minds think alike

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Cavs in midst of 11-0 run in playoffs, don't think MJ, Magic or Larry ever came close to a playoff streak like that.....if they play us, it could easily be 15-0 heading into the Finals.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 am

In defense of Magic and Bird, there were 23 teams back in 1981 and only 12 men on each roster. Talent was much more concentrated and competition was simply better. That's not to say the players then were better than they are now, but it was harder to sweep then because there was more talent on fewer teams. The playoffs were a real dogfight. Look at the SF position just in the East - Bird, Bob McAdoo, Dr. J, Bob Dandridge, Campy Russell (who shot .435 from three the next year) - those guys could play!

Still, what the Cavs (read LeBron here) are doing with their sweeps is extraordinary. Helluve team. Helluva leader.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next