Jae Crowder Injury update

4 posters

Go down

Jae Crowder Injury update Empty Jae Crowder Injury update

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:18 pm

High ankle sprain. In other words, the worst kind.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jae Crowder Injury update Empty Re: Jae Crowder Injury update

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:33 pm

I thought they said it was an ankle last night. better than a knee I suppose.

BTW, was Bradley's arm sore last night?

Cool

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:24 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241179/Jae-Crowders-Ankle-Sprain-Not-Considered-Serious-After-MRI

Jae Crowder's Ankle Sprain Not Considered Serious After MRI

MAR 13, 2016 12:51 PM

Jae Crowder suffered a sprained right ankle in the loss to Houston and said it was a “high ankle sprain.”

Danny Ainge told the Globe he doesn’t believe the injury is that serious after Crowder received an MRI on Saturday.

bob
MY NOTE:  Once again, I do not believe a single word Danny Ainge says about players, contracts and injuries.  When Jae, himself, says something then ok.  This highlights, in my opinon, just how thin we are at his position.  You've got Turner and you have James Young, who is OBVIOUSLY not ready for prime time despite being in the league for almost 2 years.  Good news, I guess, is that Young is under contract for one more year (2016-2017) guaranteed and the year after that is a team option.  So, he could be traded this summer or next year as an expiring contract.  If he cannot get court time with Jae out and nobody between him and Turner, then what good is he?  "Next man up" will mean "next man up Rte 95 to Portland".

And yeah, kdp, based upon how he shot Bradley's arm looked like it was a multiple fracture and hanging onto his body by a thin strip of flesh.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 pm

providencejournal.com  Sun, March 13, 2016

SPORTS

Ankle injury sidelines Crowder for at least 2 weeks
AP PHOTO / MICHAEL DWYER
The Celtics will be without the services of Jae Crowder for at least two weeks, thanks to an ankle injury.
By Scott Souza
@Scott_Souza
Posted Mar 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM

WALTHAM – Celtics coach Brad Stevens struck an optimistic tone following Friday night’s game against the Houston Rockets when he said there was little swelling around Jae Crowder’s ankle after a sprain suffered in the third quarter, and that the injury might not be too serious.
Then the ankle swelled overnight, prompting a much different assessment of Crowder’s return following Sunday’s practice.

"He’ll be out a couple of weeks … minimum," Stevens said as the team faces a daunting stretch of the schedule without its best two-way player.

"Jae is one of our most versatile players, certainly," Stevens said. "A lot of perimeter players have perimeter defensive versatility. There aren’t a ton of guys who can guard (power forwards) for long stretches, and sometimes (centers) for long stretches, and Jae can do all that. It will be quite a balancing act without him."

It would appear Evan Turner will get the first crack at Crowder’s minutes at small forward starting with Tuesday night’s game in Indiana. Beyond that, Stevens indicated Jonas Jerebko would see more time replacing Crowder at power forward when the Celtics go small, and that R.J. Hunter, Terry Rozier and James Young could all get increased opportunities in the backcourt rotation.
"Inevitably, you’re probably going to play one of those three young guys – may not be the same one every night – but one of those guys will play every game," Stevens said. "We will need those guys to produce and contribute to winning.

"That’s what they practice for. That’s why they lift. That’s why they go to Maine (to play for the Red Claws of the D-League). That’s why we have to depend on each other as a team."

Stevens added the Celtics will likely play “more traditional” in Crowder’s absence – potentially opening up time in the frontcourt for rookie Jordan Mickey.

The coach said he will take the day off between practice Sunday and Tuesday’s game to mull rotations and a revamped starting lineup, while the players adjust to the potential for new roles and new expectations.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Bob,

I will not be surprised to see the guy on the new 10 day contract get a chance instead of Young before Crowder is ready to return.

I hope that Young can get it figured out quickly (we need him NOW), but certainly am not holding my breath. He has never not looked completely lost since arriving almost two seasons ago, in my opinion.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:47 pm

wideclyde wrote:Bob,

I will not be surprised to see the guy on the new 10 day contract get a chance instead of Young before Crowder is ready to return.

I hope that Young can get it figured out quickly (we need him NOW), but certainly am not holding my breath.  He has never not looked completely lost since arriving almost two seasons ago, in my opinion.

Clyde,

It certainly would say something if you were right.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:51 pm

Jay King
Jay King
@ByJayKing about 1 hour ago
One thing from Stevens' chat earlier: don't expect Jerebko to play 3 due to Crowder's injury. "He doesn't play hardly any 3 for us anymore."

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 am

I am trying to figure out if Coty Clarke at 6' 7" was playing SF or PF.

Looks like he put up some pretty good numbers.  Has some Crowder like tendancies.  Shoots the 3 ball very well and I see he averaged 1.2 steals per game and over 7 boards.

The Celtics are apparently very high on this kid.

Turner will be getting the starter spot most likely but that will change the rotation.  Brad may give Young another shot but I swear if he gets minutes and continues to flop I really do not see a future for him with Boston.  This is a great opportunity for someone to step up and improve their stock.  Would love to see Coty also get a chance.  I am always rooting for the underdog.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down