PIERCE INJURY UPDATE

2 posters

Go down

PIERCE INJURY UPDATE Empty PIERCE INJURY UPDATE

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 am

Celtics captain Paul Pierce departed Thursday's game with what the team termed a bruised right thigh. He will be reevaluated before Friday's second end of a back-to-back against the Phoenix Suns and is a game-time decision.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers said after Thursday's 88-78 win over the Portland Trail Blazers that Pierce bumped knees with a Portland player. And while he didn't believe it was serious, Rivers did note that Boston didn't need any more injuries.

"We'll just wait and see," Rivers told reporters. "I don't know if he'll get X-rays. We don't need injuries, I can tell you that. We'll find out [Friday].

"I think he bumped knees [with a Portland player]. We're hoping it's nothing more than that."

Pierce, who departed Tuesday's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers early to get treatment on what he dubbed a 'tweaked' ankle, hobbled off the court with 2:01 to play Thursday and went right to the locker room.

Pierce limped to the bus, but told reporters he will wait to see how the injury swells overnight before deciding if he can go against the Suns.

Back to top Go down

PIERCE INJURY UPDATE Empty Re: PIERCE INJURY UPDATE

Post by jeb Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

thanks 11

sounds like he'll be ok
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down