Why the Buffalo Braves moved...............

4 posters

Go down

Why the Buffalo Braves moved............... Empty Why the Buffalo Braves moved...............

Post by beat Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:41 am

When I was in College at Geneseo we had the Braves pre season camp in 1974.....and for the next 2 NBA seasons I got to attend almost all of the Buffalo Braves home games on the College Radio stations press pass with a buddy from school. Those were great memories getting into the locker rooms after the games and talking to all the players coaches and even announcers of the teams back then.

That buddy recently sent me an article about the demise and why it took place. I never knew any of this and not many people did until the former owner Paul Snyder spoke.

http://sportsink.buffalonews.com/2016/04/22/braves-came-buffalo-left/

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Why the Buffalo Braves moved............... Empty Re: Why the Buffalo Braves moved...............

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:22 am

Great article. Bob McAdoo was a Carolina grad and a nemesis for NC State in the early 70's when State was very prominent. David Thompson brought State its first NCAA Championship and probably would have brought them what should have been their first in 1973 had they not been on probation. (Yes, still bitter after all these years!)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Why the Buffalo Braves moved............... Empty Re: Why the Buffalo Braves moved...............

Post by swish Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:29 am

beat

Interesting account of the demise of the Braves franchise. Of special interest to me because I was fortunate to hold a season ticket to Providence College basketball during the DiGregorio - Barns years at P C. Followed his career at Buffalo via the media. I guess those magical words of "IF ONLY" apply to the city of Buffalo and their Braves fans.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Far too much snow in Buffalo for basketball. Only pure hockey fans will endure the weather up there in the winter. No wonder they moved to California.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down