dboss
swish
bobheckler
kdp59
worcester
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OK, Kelly is a keeper. - Page 2 Empty Re: OK, Kelly is a keeper.

Post by dboss Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm

He did not look like much of a keeper against the Bucks but then again 7 minutes total played was unusual.

The question is why did he only get 7 minutes and why did Jerebko get only 4 minutes

Answer = Matchups

The Length and athleticism of the Bucks was too much for both KO and Jerebko.  They were pulled from the game because Brad did not like their defense.

This may be another reason to look favorably on drafting Josh Jackson.  (Fultz is still my guy)

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Fultz is your franchise guy. You want to trade him later.......do so but he is a rare breed that comes along every 10 years or so regarding point guards. And....he is still growing....he caould grow another 2 inches that would then put him at 6'6".

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Dboss,

The length and athleticism of the Bucks was too much for our entire team. We struggled with that on both ends of the floor

Brad did, however, have to put five guys out on the floor at all times. He decided that Kelly and Jonas struggled more than others, so they sat.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 pm

gyso wrote:Dboss,

The length and athleticism of the Bucks was too much for our entire team.  We struggled with that on both ends of the floor

Brad did, however, have to put five guys out on the floor at all times.  He decided that Kelly and Jonas struggled more than others, so they sat.

gyso

That may be a conern. Our two main rotation fontline players were useless.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:22 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is that the answer you are looking for.

Hey NY Celt. Let's see what happens tomorrow, Gonzaga won, think he will be all wound up???? Interesting sidel show?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:48 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is that the answer you are looking for.

Hey NY Celt.  Let's see what happens tomorrow, Gonzaga won, think he will be all wound up????  Interesting sidel show?

Rosalie,

I don't know; let's see what happens!

That Gonzaga S. Carolina game was a good one. I keep picturing that Gonzaga center in a Celtic uniform. He's got the mental toughness Boston fans love.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

I have written many times about Olynyk's growth as a player when he has been constantly under attack, but I have two questions at this time regarding his services beyond this season.

First deals with this season. Can we win in the playoffs without his best contributions? It certainly seems to me that we are a much better team when he is getting 15 points and 8 rebounds than when he gets three points and one rebound. His inconsistency must drive Stevens nuts as much as it frustrates many fans.

Second, what is he worth to keep for next year and beyond? IF (and, that is a BIG if) he was able to get those 15 points and 8 boards per game, he could easily be worth $12-13 M per year for four years. But, at some time big money required consistent big (at least regular) production.

As much as I have liked this guy's improvements from year to year, he has not been a bust as the 13th pick in his draft year pretty much because he has been on his rookie salary. However, if he is resigned
for anything near $12 M for next season and he comes up with a couple of his stinker games in a row he will very quickly be labeled a huge bust.

Once labeled as a bust in Boston very, very few professional players have made significant turnarounds in any of our sports.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:12 pm

https://www.facebook.com/bostonceltics/videos/10155036037197667/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Kelly looks damn good in this clip.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Michael Pina @MichaelVPina
2 hours ago
Breaking News: The Orlando Magic wrote Kelly Olynyk's name on a whiteboard. pic.twitter.com/2fkkt62g5n
reply retweet like

OK, Kelly is a keeper. - Page 2 C8hvFtXVwAQnruq

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:40 am

Also, if you look at the 3rd from the bottom of the 2nd list (Hybrid Free Agency) you'll see "Jerebko".

So, Orlando is targeting Jonas and Kelly.

This pic was taken after Orlando signed a D-leaguer and his agent took a celebratory picture and the white board was in the background.  

The Magic are now trying to downplay the whole thing, but that's BS.  Nobody puts together a 4-column list like that just because they have a few minutes to burn and nothing to do.  Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said the lists on the board are “not indicative of plans” and were “simply listing options, including some of which other teams have inquired about.”  Really?  GSW called to inquire about Iggy, who is on the 'Hybrid Free Agency' list with Jerebko?  MJ called to inquire about trading Frank Kaminsky, who is in the 'Hybrid Trade' list?  Dario Saric is listed on the 'Hybrid Trade' list too.  Does anybody really believe that Philly inquired about whether Orlando was interested in trading for Saric?  The note next to Saric' name looks like "(for AG?)".  That would be Aaron Gordon.  Do you see that trade happening?  Yeah, I could.  It's not a crazy idea, they are both young and talented and fill different roles.  I think this list is the real deal, and that means the interest in Jonas and Kelly is real.

OK, Kelly is a keeper. - Page 2 C8h2OktUMAAzUYn

So, playing along, is there anybody on Orlando we would want for Jonas and/or Kelly? I'll pencil Cowens and ktronic in for trading Kelly for a box of Krispy Kremes. Anybody else?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2