cowens/oldschool
fierce
20 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ainge Needs An Upgrade - Page 7 Empty Re: Ainge Needs An Upgrade

Post by fierce Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm

sinus007 wrote:Fierce,
RE: KD. Your analogy about GSW getting KD does have a flaw: a) it was more of KD selected GSW rather than the other way around and, b) there were no ??? about KD (unlike KL).

RE: PG situation. Yes, if Celtics retain Smart then TR is expendable. I also think that Smart and Larkin will be OK as back up to KI.

AK

But GSW had to remove half their roster from the 2016 championship team to accommodate KD.
Players like Bogut, Harrison Barnes, Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, and Brandon Rush were let go to enable the Warriors to sign KD.

The team won 73 games and went to the championship and just fell short because of Kyrie's game winning 3-pointer in Game 7.

So why did the Warriors put their team chemistry at stake by adding another star player?

Because it's an upgrade.

KD was available through free-agency.

Kawhi is only available because he doesn't want to play for the Spurs anymore.

If Kawhi does not want to leave the Spurs then I would not be talking about Kawhi to the Celtics.

I think Jaylen Brown will become a very good player in the future.
But when you can swap him for a player like Kawhi, assuming he's healthy, you just can't pass on that opportunity.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi,
Of course, GSW had to clear cap room for KD. Can you imagine:
KD: Hey, GSW I want to play for you
GSW: Sure, KD. We'd love to have you but our salaries tied up by the scrubs that we'd rather keep...
...crickets...
the very next phone call:
Adam Siver: Hi, is it psychiatric ward? Do you accept new patients?
PW: Yes. Who's the patient?
AS: GSW front office

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Fierce

Not one time has there been any consensus that you are swapping Brown for KL.  You know we are really talking about multiple Celtics assests including starter level players and a pick or two.

If it was a straight up trade and KL health situation checked out,  do the deal.

I think we have been on this what if KL trade scenario long enough.  

At this point I have not seen where any poster other than yourself, thinks the price of doing this deal is okay.  You may be well served to let this one go.  

Inserting this narrative in other unrelated threads is not nice.  All of us have strong opinions about things and that is good thing to have provided we accept the right to disagree and the understanding of knowing when an opinion has no reasonable conclusion.

Let it go please.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:47 pm

First of all, I have read that people close to Leonard have said that he has no desire to leave the Spurs. The idea that he is feigning an injury because he is disenchanted there is character assassination, plain and simple. Where does that leave us? We have a guy who has always been level headed and a consummate team player who missed a whole season because of a mysterious injury. I think of Brandon Roy, a budding super star , whose career was wrecked by a deteriorating condition. My objections to trading for KL  are twofold. First of all, the uncertainty of his physical condition is an enormous red flag. We already have , in Hayward, a player who requires us to keep our fingers crossed. Kyrie, to a lesser extent, is questionable until we see him in action , as well. Why gut our bench for somebody else`s potential problem? Secondly, Jaylen Brown , the guy most prominently mentioned in trade speculation may BE K. leonard within a season or two. His contract is team friendly and we don`t have to give up anybody to secure his services
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:42 am

dboss wrote:Fierce

Not one time has there been any consensus that you are swapping Brown for KL.  You know we are really talking about multiple Celtics assests including starter level players and a pick or two.

If it was a straight up trade and KL health situation checked out,  do the deal.

At this point I have not seen where any poster other than yourself, thinks the price of doing this deal is okay.  You may be well served to let this one go.  

Inserting this narrative in other unrelated threads is not nice.  All of us have strong opinions about things and that is good thing to have provided we accept the right to disagree and the understanding of knowing when an opinion has no reasonable conclusion.

Let it go please.

:>) Let me go on record and support the idea of acquiring KL (if healthy and head is still on straight) for Brown, maybe Rozier and one of the draft picks we have coming from Mem/sac/Clip. Realize there may need to be another player in the mix to make the money work (Morris maybe?).
Bottom line is I think we still need to get better and we could very much use another star if we are talking multiple championships. KL is one that could get us there and may be available. I can think of a few others but as we speak they’re not available-yet.
That is all. Thank ya very much...
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 am

Of course the team can get better. I don`t happen to think  that the proposed trades I`ve seen accomplishes that, but we are all just stating our opinions here. I think Jaylen Brown can , going forward , provide as much star power, whatever that is than  KL. He is younger and healthier, and arguably more advanced , after 2 seasons, than Leonard was. KL  scored 11.9 points per game in his second season.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:47 am

Ktronic1 wrote:

Let it go please.

:>) Let me go on record and support the idea of acquiring KL (if healthy and head is still on straight) for Brown, maybe Rozier and one of the draft picks we have coming from Mem/sac/Clip. Realize there may need to be another player in the mix to make the money work (Morris maybe?).
Bottom line is I think we still need to get better and we could very much use another star if we are talking multiple championships. KL is one that could get us there and may be available. I can think of a few others but as we speak they’re not available-yet.
Kronic

If you have been following this thread you would know that Brown and Rozier still leaves you $12 million short in terms of matching the salary for KL.

You would also need to move Morris, Theis, Yabusele and Semi.

People can ignore facts all they want but at the end of the day 1+1 still equals 2.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

Let it go please.

Kronic

If you have been following this thread you would know that Brown and Rozier still leaves you $12 million short in terms of matching the salary for KL.

You would also need to move Morris, Theis, Yabusele and Semi.

People can ignore facts all they want but at the end of the day 1+1 still equals 2.

Not ignoring facts and have Been following. I think I pointed out that there would need to be another player involved. What I should have said “other PLAYERS.” Getting much to testy around here. That is all regarding this subject for real!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7