Shamrock1000
dboss
k_j_88
KyleCleric
fierce
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio Empty Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio

Post by fierce Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:05 am

The San Antonio Spurs reportedly turned down an offer from the Boston Celtics for star forward Kawhi Leonard prior to the 2017-18 trade deadline.

According to ESPN.com's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Spurs declined Boston's advances and did not make a counteroffer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780906-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-celtics-had-offer-rejected-lakers-76ers-interested
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio Empty Re: Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio

Post by fierce Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am

What's more interesting right now is the Lebron to the Celtics rumors.

There's no doubt only way Lebron makes it back to the Finals if he joins the Celtics.

If Lebron stays in Cleveland or goes to another eastern team, no way he's going to beat the Celtics next season.

Whether we like Lebron or not, we have to be ready to accept Lebron becoming a Celtic.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio Empty Re: Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Interesting possibilities. I don't see either happening.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

fierce wrote:What's more interesting right now is the Lebron to the Celtics rumors.

There's no doubt only way Lebron makes it back to the Finals if he joins the Celtics.

If Lebron stays in Cleveland or goes to another eastern team, no way he's going to beat the Celtics next season.

Whether we like Lebron or not, we have to be ready to accept Lebron becoming a Celtic.

Why should we have to accept something so unlikely? Shit, we don't need Lebron, we just need to be healthy. We came pretty close to reaching the Finals against James having probably the best season of his career while being down 2 All-Stars. Plus, there are plenty of other teams he could end up on. He may even stay in Cleveland.

But as for this trade, Ainge is stupid (if this rumor is true). Why the hell would you even make this type of trade for a player that's obviously not healthy? For all we know, Kawhi may never be the same player he was before. And if you look at his stats, both Tatum and Brown are further ahead than he was. I suspect both of them will become better players than Kawhi in the foreseeable future.

KJ

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm

It would be interesting to know exactly what Ainge was willing to give up at the trade deadline.

At some point we will probably hear a thing or two.

I have a feeling that Danny did not expect Brown and Tatum to average 18 PPG in the playoffs

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

dboss wrote:It would be interesting to know exactly what Ainge was willing to give up at the trade deadline.

I have a feeling that Danny did not expect Brown and Tatum to average 18 PPG in the playoffs

I'd guess 3 or 4 of Brown, Smart, Morris, and Baynes and if 3 then some combo of Larkin, Nader or Yabusele for salary. Possibly picks

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:It would be interesting to know exactly what Ainge was willing to give up at the trade deadline.

I'd guess 3 or 4 of Brown, Smart, Morris, and Baynes and if 3 then some combo of Larkin, Nader or Yabusele for salary. Possibly picks

We don't really know do we?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm

dboss wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

True but unless Kyrie, Horford or Hayward were involved, it likely would have been structured around the players I listed.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 pm

k_j_88 wrote:
fierce wrote:What's more interesting right now is the Lebron to the Celtics rumors.

Why should we have to accept something so unlikely? Shit, we don't need Lebron, we just need to be healthy. We came pretty close to reaching the Finals against James having probably the best season of his career while being down 2 All-Stars. Plus, there are plenty of other teams he could end up on. He may even stay in Cleveland.

But as for this trade, Ainge is stupid (if this rumor is true). Why the hell would you even make this type of trade for a player that's obviously not healthy? For all we know, Kawhi may never be the same player he was before. And if you look at his stats, both Tatum and Brown are further ahead than he was. I suspect both of them will become better players than Kawhi in the foreseeable future.

KJ

KJ

The Spurs are willing to give Kawhi the super max.

That's an indication of health not being an issue.

Reason why Kawhi is available is because he doesn't want to play for the Spurs anymore.

The Spurs are not stupid also.
They wouldn't be offering the super max if Kawhi is not healthy.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

dboss wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

To keep Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, and Smart, Celts would have to offer Rozier, Brown, Morris, Yabusele, Nader, and Ojeleye.

The Spurs would also want pick or picks.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 pm

It's time we stop thinking about just barely missing the Finals without Kyrie and Hayward.

Look at what's ahead.

What's ahead is the Golden State Warriors.

They are dominating the NBA right now and in the near future.

Sure the Celts can beat Lebron and the Cavs if Kyrie was playing.
But can the Celts beat GSW?

GSW just has no weaknesses.

Only way to match their firepower is to match their talent.

They have 4 All-Stars and 2 MVP players.

Lebron couldn't even win 1 game against them this year.

Last year, Kyrie needed to score 40 points to beat GSW.
And it was the lone victory for the Cavs over GSW in last year's finals.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:55 pm

fierce wrote:It's time we stop thinking about just barely missing the Finals without Kyrie and Hayward.

Look at what's ahead.

Interesting perspective. The counter argument might be that it is better to wait out the GSW dynasty. Eventually Klay, Draymond, and KD will want big long term contracts. Can't pay everyone. In two or three years, Tatum and Brown will enter the beginning of the prime of their careers. Kyrie and Gordon will still be in their primes. Al will be declining, but the Sacto pick will be in his 2nd or 3rd year, and Al's game doesn't rely on athleticism. I totally see your point, but there is another persoective as well. As you say, GSW is insanely good right now - Danny may mot want to go all in against this juggernaut when he can wait out and watch the Celtics become the next juggernaut. I really don't know where I stand - just enjoying the show...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 pm

fierce wrote:It's time we stop thinking about just barely missing the Finals without Kyrie and Hayward.

Look at what's ahead.

When a team is as successful as Golden State has been, it's incredibly easy to look at things in a vacuum. Three titles in four years makes them a bona fide dynasty. But the engine behind that is definitely Kevin Durant, as good as Steph, Klay, and Draymond are, not to mention bench stalwarts Livingston and Iguodala. But this year was different for Golden State in the sense that they didn't truly dominate. They won 58 games, impressive by any measure, but we saw chinks in the armor.

For example, Houston came pretty close to knocking them off. Losing Chris Paul to that hamstring injury proved fatal. Even though it's difficult to bet against the Warriors, it's reasonable enough to believe that the Rockets could've dethroned them with Paul being healthy. The Cavs were lucky to advance as far as they did, but this is truly a testament to James' impact on that team. But they were clearly overmatched against Golden State.

But am I convinced that the Warriors are better than last year? Are we to believe that the Warriors will become better in the future? Perhaps I'm wrong to assume this but I seriously think the answer to both of these questions is "no." They've reached their peak and other teams are starting to catch up.

As is, the Celtics are built to win now and win in the future. The strategy for building a championship-caliber is a little different now. Young players more than ever play a role in team success. You need young players playing well on their rookie contracts. Just signing superstars to expensive contracts is not a long-term recipe for success. Golden State built their core from the *draft*.

Lol and honestly I don't believe that the Warriors don't have weaknesses. You can score on them, and if your team is long and athletic, as the Celtics are, you can give them a lot of trouble defensively. Don't forget that we split with them this year. The NBA is all about match-ups, and we match up well with them. I think we'd have given the Warriors a better series than the hapless Cavs did.

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 am

Hi,
I believe that Celtics, as they currently constructed, can beat both GSW and Houston. This past season and play-offs clearly showed that. The only unproven “parameter” of this team is GH (I hope he’ll heal 100% and gel with the rest of the team). If he is back to his All-Star level and there are no injuries to the core players I don’t see any reasons why Celtics can’t get #18.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 am

Waxing and waning.  

The Boston Celtics are waxing.
The Golden State Warriors waning.

I like our chances with them next season.  There is no need to rashly make any decisions that takes away from our core.  All we need is end of the bench tweaks, which help in the regular season add are useful during garbage time.

I think that if we can keep our team together with only minor changes, we will start a new chapter  of basketball excellence.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 am

What was Danny offering for Kawhi?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 am

gyso wrote:Waxing and waning.  

The Boston Celtics are waxing.
The Golden State Warriors waning.

I like our chances with them next season.  There is no need to rashly make any decisions that takes away from our core.  All we need is end of the bench tweaks, which help in the regular season add are useful during garbage time.

I think that if we can keep our team together with only minor changes, we will start a new chapter  of basketball excellence.

gyso

certainly the likely outcome for this off-season, i agree.

but with Ainge one never knows, thus all the off-season rumors.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm

I think the Celtics can definitely beat GSW next year.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Danny offered Kadeem Allen, Jabari Bird and Abdel Nader, plus, if necesssary, a second round pick

KJ I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH YOU. I AM SICK OF ALL OF THIS BS, I DO NOT WANT LEBRON, I DON'T WANT KWAH (AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED HE IS DAMAGED GOODS OR A HEAD CASE, ONE OR THE OTHER) KWAHI HAD THE WORD AT HIS FINGER TIPS BEFORE HE GOT HURT, WHAT HAPPENED I DO NOT KNOW, BUT THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG THERE.

I just read where he wants to go to LA, so picture that,
LeBron, Kwahi, and George. What will Lonzo Balls father think of that???????? He will be traded and there just won't be any room for the brother either?

I wish the season would get here, this stuff is driving me nuts. And, on top of it all, the Celtics convinced Hayward to leave money on the table, (quite a bit) to take a chance with the Celtics and go for a championship. What message does that send to the free agents of the league? Bad business.

Leave my team alone Danny!!!!!! We want to watch this team grow together and form a team like we watched in the finals. You need consistency. A revolving door will not be the way to build a championship team
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Shams Charania
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Kawhi Leonard wants out from the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard has Los Angeles — preferably the Lakers — at the center of his preferences for a trade destination, league sources tell ESPN.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:Shams Charania
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Kawhi Leonard wants out from the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard has Los Angeles — preferably the Lakers — at the center of his preferences for a trade destination, league sources tell ESPN.

bob

I don't see Boston or LA trades happening. Probably end up with Sixers, Bulls or Knicks.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Kings might offer the #2 pick in this years draft as part of a package for Leonard, its' being reported..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781297-nba-draft-rumors-kings-discussed-trading-no-2-pick-kawhi-leonard-linked

Doncic might just be the player Pop would want , if it happens.

of course for the Celtics, Leonard joining the Kings would probably make that first rounder next year lower in the draft.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Is Kwahi requesting a trade? Does he have a no trade contract that will give him the opportunity to pick and choose where he wants to go? I just wondered since he automatically was linked to LA Lakers.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Is Kwahi requesting a trade? Does he have a no trade contract that will give him the opportunity to pick and choose where he wants to go?  I just wondered since he automatically was linked to LA Lakers.

He doesn't have a no trade clause. But he did seem to quit on his team last year because of "injuries" and only has one year left on his contract. It's hard to trade valuable assets for a 1 year player and not know if he's actually going to show up.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 pm

They are arguing like hell right now on Comcast, idiots. Draper wants anybody who has a big name. He is such a fool. He is not worried about anything, just trade it all for Kwahi. BS
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next