Shamrock1000
dboss
k_j_88
KyleCleric
fierce
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Leonard has some connections to LA, which is why they are considered to be players in any trade that may or may not happen.

However, the Lakers have limited assets to send back to SA. Since Leonard has NO "no trade" clause, they can make any deal they want.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:29 pm

The Celtics and Spurs have not engaged in any trade talks this spring involving disgruntled San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard, but if Leonard does indeed become available, Boston is expected to express interest, according to a league source. 3 hours ago – via Boston Globe

In recent weeks there has been mounting buzz — although much of it perhaps artificially created by the media — about the possibility of LeBron James signing with the Celtics in July. One league source called that possibility “unlikely,” but reiterated — just like with Leonard’s situation — that the Celtics will always be on alert for ways to acquire superstars, and James most certainly fits that bill. 3 hours ago – via Boston Globe
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔️ @wojespn If Kawhi Leonard does become available in trade talks, the Boston Celtics will be interested in probing the Spurs about a deal, league sources tell ESPN. Boston inquired about a trade prior to the February deadline, sources said. 2:17 AM - Jun 16, 2018

fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 pm

It's not BS anymore.

If there's an upgrade to be made, Ainge will go for it.

The advantage of having Kawhi, instead of Lebron, is the Celts get to keep Al Horford.

If the Celts want Lebron, Horford must be sacrificed.

A starting 5 of:

Horford
Kawhi
Tatum
Hayward
Irving

That's 5 star players.

Clearly that would be the best starting 5 in the NBA.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm

You must mean Brown has to be sacrificed by the lineup you put out in the above post.

I really am disappointed if they give up on Jaylen, as far as I am concerned, he is Kwahi in a couple of years. No questions about health issues. I really would like to see this team stay together and grow together. I will say, and I am probably the only one, that I would be disappointed in this.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:08 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You must mean Brown has to be sacrificed by the lineup you put out in the above post.

I really am disappointed if they give up on Jaylen, as far as I am concerned, he is Kwahi in a couple of years. No questions about health issues. I really would like to see this team stay together and grow together. I will say, and I am probably the only one, that I would be disappointed in this.

Yes, Brown has to be sacrificed if Celts want Kawhi.

If the Celts want Lebron then they can keep Jaylen Brown.
Horford is the one who must go if Lebron is to become a Celtic.

It's a case of quality over quantity.

The Celts' best 5 for next season will be:

Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Smart

Marcus Smart will always be in the game when it's winning time.
That's been the case for the last 3 seasons.

If the Celts get Kawhi then it will be Smart on the bench.

Kawhi is great at both ends of the floor.

As long as Kawhi is healthy and willing to play for the Celts, he's worth sacrificing Jaylen Brown because Kawhi is considered a top 5 player in the NBA when healthy.

fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 pm

I think the most realistic scenario appears to be Kawhi to LA.

That looks like his preferred destination, and there's no apparent reason they wouldn't want to work out a deal.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 pm

NY Celt....in my opinion, they can have him. I am Leary of him and his injuries. Keep the band together, add a couple of pieces and let's see just how good we really are.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:NY Celt....in my opinion, they can have him. I am Leary of him and his injuries.  Keep the band together, add a couple of pieces and let's see just how good we really are.  

Rosalie,

I think your idea is more likely than a deal for Kawhi.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 pm

The problem is the Celts have more to offer.

Lakers can offer any combination of their 3 young players, Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, and a pick or picks.

Celts can easily top that offer.

Spurs will want the best deal possible.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 pm

We have to understand that some of the young players from this year's playoff team might not be here after 1 year.

Rozier and Morris will most likely move on because they will not get adequate playing time once Hayward and Kyrie are healthy.

Ainge will also not do the trade if Kawhi is not healthy or he's not willing to commit to Boston long term.
Just like the Pacers could have gotten more from the Celtics than what OKC gave them for Paul George.
If Ainge does not think it's good for the Celts long term, there will be no deal.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:22 pm

What's good about this situation is it's a win-win situation.

If the Celts get Kawhi, it's an upgrade.

Nothing happens and the Celts get to keep Jaylen Brown, Celts still have a very bright future.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:28 pm

What Kevin Durant did, signing with GSW, ruined the NBA.

Just look at the NBA Finals the past 2 years, it's very boring!

Maybe it will not be good for Celtic fans, but Lebron to the Celts or Kawhi to the Celts is good for the NBA because it will make the NBA Finals exciting again.

There's no doubt in my mind that even without Kawhi or Lebron, Celts will most likely end up in the Finals next year.

The problem is it will be:

Horford
Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward
Smart

Up against:

Durant
Curry
Klay
Draymond
Iguodala

If the Celts have Kawhi or Lebron instead of Smart, Celts will clearly have the edge.

And please, let's be realistic, right now Brad Stevens will not choose Jaylen Brown over Marcus Smart in the last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

fierce wrote:What Kevin Durant did, signing with GSW, ruined the NBA.

Just look at the NBA Finals the past 2 years, it's very boring!

Maybe it will not be good for Celtic fans, but Lebron to the Celts or Kawhi to the Celts is good for the NBA because it will make the NBA Finals exciting again.

There's no doubt in my mind that even without Kawhi or Lebron, Celts will most likely end up in the Finals next year.

The problem is it will be:

Horford
Kyrie
Tatum

Hayward
Smart

Up against:

Durant
Curry

Klay
Draymond
Iguodala

If the Celts have Kawhi or Lebron instead of Smart, Celts will clearly have the edge.

And please, let's be realistic, right now Brad Stevens will not choose Jaylen Brown over Marcus Smart in the
last 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.

I don’t know about that, Smart has his own game, but right now Jaylen is much better on offense and can really defend so many positions very well, not like there’s a drop off on defense if he’s in.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:38 am

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio - Page 2 Dfxja97UcAA2ZFy?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:47 am

Dan Greenberg
Dan Greenberg @StoolGreenie
yesterday
There is no denying Kawhi's talent, but for a team that already has to worry about Kyrie's health the fact that this is Kawhi's career games played should not be ignored 64, 58, 66, 64, 72, 74, 9

bob
MY NOTE:  Avery Bradley's games:  31 (in Maine a lot), 64, 50, 60, 77, 76, 55, 46, 46.  Remember how much we loved his play but was disappointed about how often he was out?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 am

NYCelt wrote:I think the most realistic scenario appears to be Kawhi to LA.

That looks like his preferred destination, and there's no apparent reason they wouldn't want to work out a deal.
Pop has disdain for the Lakers. The Gasol deal and of course they being in the same conference. What do Spurs get back if somehow this happens? A few potentially good players with lots of potential but with a small sample size (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Randall). Meh. We shall see!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:47 am

Cleveland?

man, I never thought of that.

but yeah I can see it as possible.

the deal is easy

K. Love and the #8 pick to SA

for Leonard.

Pop would likely take that deal, if Leonard is leaving, IMO.

LeBron would likely stay in Cleveland then also.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Fierce, did you just drop 4 posts in a row?  LOL.

This Leonard talk has really got you off the deep end.

Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio - Page 2 Screen12
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:23 am

mrkleen09

I really, really, want to beat GSW.

Kevin Durant really destroyed the NBA Finals when he chose GSW instead of the Celtics back in 2016.

As currently constructed, this Celts team is good enough to reach the Finals next year.
But even with Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford, it will not be enough.
If you guys watched the NBA Finals the last 2 years, it's not that the Cavs are bad, GSW is that good!

The Cavs needed Kyrie to score 40 points just to win one game in the 2017 NBA Finals.

This year the Cavs couldn't even win one game.
Lebron score 50 points and the Cavs still lose?

Only way we beat GSW is if we match or better their star power.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:27 am

Also, those saying Kawhi will end up with the Lakers, not happening!

Why?

For the trade to work, the Spurs will have to take back Luol Deng's contract.
There's 2 years and 36m left on Deng's contract.
No way the Spurs will take back Deng's contract.

Right now only team with assets that will satisfy the Spurs' wants is the Celts.

Otherwise the Spurs will get what Indy got for Paul George.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:06 am

With 4 outstanding shooters on the roster, best suited for 3 positions, I'm hoping for a Danny trade that results in a  very significant up grade at the center position - a trade that would allow Horford, a 5th outstanding shooter, to settle in at Power forward and give the Celtics  an extremely talented staring five. There aren't enough shots available in a game to keep 5 equally talented shooters happy - and certainly not enough money to pay out to the 4 young players that this board is predicting stardom for. The Celtics are going to lose at least one to Free Agency down the road. Use that player now to shore up the only significant weakness on the team - the "BIG" with outstanding defensive credentials.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Celticspride Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 am

I've had enough of either player coming to Boston. Personally I don't want either one. Rather see the Celtic's shore the back end of the bench. Get good rotation players need to keep the Celtic's in the game.
Celticspride
Celticspride

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:30 am

Ditto!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:41 pm

fierce wrote:mrkleen09

I really, really, want to beat GSW.

Kevin Durant really destroyed the NBA Finals when he chose GSW instead of the Celtics back in 2016.

As currently constructed, this Celts team is good enough to reach the Finals next year.
But even with Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford, it will not be enough.
If you guys watched the NBA Finals the last 2 years, it's not that the Cavs are bad, GSW is that good!

The Cavs needed Kyrie to score 40 points just to win one game in the 2017 NBA Finals.

This year the Cavs couldn't even win one game.
Lebron score 50 points and the Cavs still lose?

Only way we beat GSW is if we match or better their star power.

Patience is a virtue, and patience is something that will serve the Celtics well.

We don't need to make any major upgrades. And if we are going to make a move, it had better been for a legitimate, game-changing big. If we have Hayward, Tatum, and Brown, all relatively young, then we don't need another wing. Why trade one wing for another? It doesn't make sense. If we went after Kawhi, we'd have to give up one of our max contract players anyway. Kawhi makes $20M, $8M more than Brown and Tatum combined. Honestly, I'd rather roll with the guys we've got who are already better than Kawhi was when he came into the league.

Why should we risk our cap flexibility and young talent for someone we don't know is healthy or not? The gap between the Warriors and Celtics is not as big as you're making it out to be. Have some faith in this team.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next