Matty
dboss
beat
Sam
steve3344
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY? Empty NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY?

Post by 112288 Sat May 29, 2010 2:14 am

This is an open question and feel free to answer it any way you want.

My pick would be Phoenex as selfish as it may be because I do not think they have the height to control the boards and I think we can cover the 3 point arch to take their long game away. Our overall match-ups are better with them as well.

LA obviously is the sentimental pick because of the long rivalry but they are big up front. However Bynam with his knee injury has poor lateral movement and would allow guys to cut to the basket easier on picks. It would be interesting with KB and who would take him. I know PP & TA will have his hands full but I think they could keep him within reason with scoring.

WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Back to top Go down

NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY? Empty Re: NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY?

Post by steve3344 Sat May 29, 2010 2:21 am

I don't have a strong preference although another title head-to-head over L.A. would be a bit sweeter.

One thing I WOULD prefer is for their series to go 7.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 am

I think the Lakers are the better team, so I want them. But I'm mainly happy to see the Celts in the finals once again.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat May 29, 2010 5:41 am

I could care less. I want the lakers to lose every time they play. The Suns could easily be up 3-2. If they (Lakers) are the better team we will face them , if not the Suns will be there for us. Hope that series goes 7 anyway.

We are in and that is all that matters to me right now!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat May 29, 2010 9:28 am

The Lakers!

I remember how disappointed I was in 81 and 86 when we ended up playing Houston.

The Celtics have beaten the best teams in the NBA so why stop now. As a matter of fact I think we match up better with LA than we do with the Suns.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

as a celtic fan there is only one feeling better than winning a championship and thats winning a championship by beating the Lakers. With all due respect to our resident Laker fans. its time to "Beat L.A." once again.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat May 29, 2010 11:56 am

Lakers!

Classic rivalry.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Lakers. We match up better with them and the Suns' athletic game scares me. That crafty, little Canadian scares me.

I don't care about the "classic rivalry". I care about one thing and one thing only: #18. If the Lakers are a better matchup for us, and I could be wrong about that, then I want the Lakers and that's the ONLY reason I want them. If I thought we could dominate the Suns like we did the Miami Heat, then I'd want them.

This isn't personal, Sonny, this is strictly business.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat May 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Lakers.

Celtics match up better with them....and watching Kobe and Pau cry after we rip their heart out again - would be truly priceless.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat May 29, 2010 1:17 pm

LOL at Lakers are lucky to be up 3-2 against Phoenix. L.A. was up from 8-18 points for the majority of game 5, Phoenix made a run at the end and hit a lucky bank shot 25 ft 3 pointer with 3.5 seconds left.
3-2 Lakers is what that series should be.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat May 29, 2010 4:55 pm

In the long run just happy the Celtics are in....so I'll be happy with either...like to see the Lakers because it's the best rivalry in all sports for me, but I'm also one of those who doesn't mind seeing the Lakers lose so I could dig seeing PHX in the finals. A rematch of 1976. That series had the best game ever played IMHO...
The Lakers will most likely take care of business but the longer it goes on the more vulnerable they become...I think.... so if they don't end it tonight, I think they may have a real tough game 7 contrary to what you might expect.....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat May 29, 2010 5:06 pm

tjmakz wrote:LOL at Lakers are lucky to be up 3-2 against Phoenix. L.A. was up from 8-18 points for the majority of game 5, Phoenix made a run at the end and hit a lucky bank shot 25 ft 3 pointer with 3.5 seconds left.
3-2 Lakers is what that series should be.

Wait, so Ron Artest grabbing an airball from Kobe and then heaving it at the rim is NOT a lucky shot, but when Phoenix grabs 3 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS IN A ROW and scores on the 3rd shot they are lucky? Gotcha. Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 pm

TJ

Personally the lakers are lucky to be up 3-2, MY opinion, laugh all you want, I for one could care less.

Kobe takes an off balance falling away trey (does not matter how the game got to that point but with the score tied he throws up an AIRBALL. If it catches rim its OT cause no way anyone gets a rebound and put back then. Anything could happen in the OT. Lakers got a bit lucky i'd say.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat May 29, 2010 8:53 pm

I think I would like the Lakers, because Phoenix plays a wicked zone defense and this is something the Celtics have had trouble with all year. On top of that, I think if Nash finally gets into the finals he will be a real threat.

On top of all that, It's LA!!!!!!!!!! Don't you want them????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Rosalie,
If you're a Red Sox fan, it's the Yankees, for me it's the Lakers. They are the Yankees of basketball IMHO. I love seeing them lose.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun May 30, 2010 12:20 am

Another lucky win for the Lakers.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun May 30, 2010 6:34 pm

tjmakz wrote:Another lucky win for the Lakers.
I don't see it that way tj...the majority of the pundits will pick the Lakers, of course...and why shouldn't they? The Lakers are the reigning champions....should be a cakewalk, no?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 pm

One thing that will help the Celtics get out to a good start in the series is that I believe their record is much better when they have time to prepare thoroughly for the team they're facing. Preparing on the run can be more problematic for them.

There will be only one such situation in an extended series involving the same two teams, as between-game strategizing will be more a matter of adjustments. It's one reason why I'm glad the Lakers won in six rather than keeping Doc and the Celts in suspense for another two days. The unusual time off will give the Celts a chance to mend physically. But I believe the "sleeper" factor could be the ability to ready themselves to jump out of the chute quickly against the Lakers.

Perhaps it will benefit the Lakers equally. I can't speak for them. But I think the Celtics present a greater number of "unknowns" to the Lakers than vice versa. Nate is just one example. I wouldn't be shocked to see Finley have an impact at some point. Even Scal could be a factor in a foul-plagued game. I still recall the game, two seasons ago, in which, replacing either Perk or KG, he figuratively and literally stuffed Gasol. Of course, Pau was newer to the Lakers' system then and has improved as a player since, but I'm just sayin'.

By the way, I don't think Baby's getting nearly enough ink for playing something like 17 minutes and performing so intensely and so well just two days after getting a concussion. Maybe all it means is that his head is more impervious than his thumb, but I thought it was pretty heroic anyway.

Finally, I wonder whether recent experiences of other teams could potentially have an effect on Celtics strategy. I was really impressed with that staggered screen Orlando used for Nelson, and I wonder whether it could be employed on occasion to spring Rondo loose. (Perhaps it only works well when the PG is a strong threat with the step-back jumper.) Moreover, I noted that Phoenix had some success with a zone against the Lakers, and I wonder if Thibs would ever have them show the yellow and purple an occasional zone. I seldom recall the Celts playing much zone, so it would be a real departure; but you never know.

The strategic wheels are already churning. This should be fun.

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Sun May 30, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun May 30, 2010 7:27 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Lakers.

Celtics match up better with them....and watching Kobe and Pau cry after we rip their heart out again - would be truly priceless.

The word of the day is 'IF"
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Mustang,

As far as I am concerned, you can say anything you want about the Celtics, as long as you keep that avatar! lol

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun May 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Ok pete, thanks. I really feel my avatars have helped the Celtics to get to the finals. Now that my team is there, I now must post the avatar I have been saving for the finlas. Phylis Diller, LOl. I have been wishing you all good luck on the way to the finals. Unfortunately, now all I can do is say lets have a great finals.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Hey, at my age, old Phyl's looking pretty hot, being bolstered (literally) with inputs from half the plastic surgeons in the Free World. Bolstered by half a dozen margaritas, and with the right lighting, she might even go for me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Mustang,

How could I ask for anything else! Now, since you started this, I will seek out a Laker board with Rosie O'Donnel by my side, I'm sorry, but you pushed me this time!

Good luck, and whatever happens, happens.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Sun May 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Sam, LOl.

Pete, bring on Rosie. Good luck also. I do have one other avatar, but was afraid I might get banned, or as Sam says 'zapped" along with her.
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun May 30, 2010 8:53 pm

No you won't.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next