Matty
dboss
beat
Sam
steve3344
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY? - Page 2 Empty Re: NOW WHO DO WE WANT TO PLAY?

Post by 112288 Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm

If the Celtics can play "D" as they have done in the past 3 series and Rondo can be Rondo I predict Celtics in 5 or 6 games. I have watched LA this season and in the play-offs. They can be had and some of their players have very tired legs. You play man to man and press them, you can stick a folk in them!

Go Celtics!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 am

L.A. did give up a lot of points to Phoenix but in games 5 and 6 they gave up only 204 points. Boston gave up 226 points in two losses to Phoenix during the regular season.
This should be a GREAT series.
Can't wait until Thursday.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon May 31, 2010 11:43 am

tj

The regular season is right out the window with this celtics team. Cheers to agood series
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon May 31, 2010 12:29 pm

You got that right, Jeb. The defense mustered by the Celtics during the regular season was light years away from their current defense. Virtually nothing about the Celtics' regular season can be used to project into the playoffs. I believe the Celtics' winning percentage against .500+ teams during the season had to be below .333. How's that working out in the playoffs?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Sam we were rope a doping them

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon May 31, 2010 12:56 pm

SAm

We all hung in there pretty good but you and Rosie t never wavered. Not for a minute.

This is a very different team than the one that played cruddy ball in the regular season. They were saving their best effort to get here healthy and they all knew it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 pm

jeb65 wrote:tj

The regular season is right out the window with this celtics team. Cheers to agood series

jeb,

I look forward to a great series.
Boston is playing just like they did in the beginning of the regular season.
Boston started off 6-0 and was giving up just 81.5 ppg.
They then gave up 110 points at home to Phoenix.
The next 2 games they gave up 76 and 86 points.
Some want to get on LA for their defense against Phoenix but Phoenix did the same to Boston twice during the regular season and once when Boston was healthy and playing great defense.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon May 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Sam wrote:You got that right, Jeb. The defense mustered by the Celtics during the regular season was light years away from their current defense. Virtually nothing about the Celtics' regular season can be used to project into the playoffs. I believe the Celtics' winning percentage against .500+ teams during the season had to be below .333. How's that working out in the playoffs?

Sam

Yep-

the LAkers were mediocre vs division winners this year also. BOth of these teams clearly knew that it was a marathon- not a sprint.

They both kept their eyes on the real prize and focused on getting healthy/ conserving their bodies. Fisher was clearly playing possum all year. HIs performance during the playoffs has been night and day from how he was playing during the reg season.

I think that as much as we all focus on every little thing that happens during the reg season, once a team has won a title, the reg season becomes boring and is semi-meaningless. We all obsess much more than the players do over the reg season ebb and flow. THis postseason has proved that for a veteran team that has won a title, they really can take it to another gear in the playoffs.

Sam- I give you full credit as the one voice who consistently kept essentially saying "Don't worry about the reg season. All that matters is the playoffs." Bravo sir. cheers
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm

jeb65 wrote:SAm

We all hung in there pretty good but you and Rosie t never wavered. Not for a minute.

This is a very different team than the one that played cruddy ball in the regular season. They were saving their best effort to get here healthy and they all knew it.

What's up buddy ? Got the holiday off ? You gonna have some good Austin bbq out at the Salt Lick ?
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon May 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Sky

Night shoots, crummy clients and a scout for a juicy feature in northern montana. I am so upside down right now that it looks like up to me.

I concur on Fisher. He has been TOUGH NOSED and solid. Us old vets can still rise up eh?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon May 31, 2010 5:16 pm

yeah buddy. RISE UP!!!

Go get 'em in MT.

And may the best team win in the Finals my friend.

Cheers!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2