mrkleen09
Sam
jeb
Hoopdeedoo
LACELTFAN
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stealing from Mark Twain.... Empty Stealing from Mark Twain....

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 pm

News of the Celtics death is greatly exaggerated.
Thank you Rondo, Ray and Co. for giving me a green night.
Let's get em back at TD...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Stealing from Mark Twain.... Empty Re: Stealing from Mark Twain....

Post by Hoopdeedoo Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Thank you for posting, as I was feeling like celebrating but noone was here. We are quite alive, LA. Great team win with RR and RA leading the way. Sheed, Baby, Nate, TA all contributed as well. If we won with PP and KG not effective offensively just think about what we can do when they get going.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Ya, I loved Jackson's comment about fouls and letting the Lakers play through the bumps....Can't have it both ways Phil, Celtics play too rough, we don't get to play rough enough....Just keep talking Phil.....blame it on the refs that works for us....
What I really love is the way Doc doesn't take the bait....You complain Phil and I'll just sit over here and outcoach you....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 pm

phil is a giant smoking choad that was born on third base but thinks he hit a triple.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Phil's team will have to show some more mental toughness. We also played with big time foul trouble. Shelden was in for crying out loud. Our d was phenominal especially on the perimeter not letting the Lakers get it going from long range.

Bynum sure got my respect tonight. He's the real deal playing hurt as well.

I got a little homesick with the shots of LA. We had Clipper tix the last few years we were there. It would have been nice to be there with the green on!
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Jeb you crack me up! See his smug smile when talking about Ron Artest!

Doucebag
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:48 pm

Jeb, that was great! Do you have a staff of writers hidden in your basement?
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Lakers shot 15 more FT and had more foul shots than field goals - and Jackson thinks THEY got the short end? You have GOT to be kidding me.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:27 am

Course I don't need to remind anyone here that it's only one game and that Game 3 will look completely different...probably....someone please tell most of the media idiots out there....
But tonight is sweet
You never know, it might put a little bit more spring in Garnett's step....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 am

fellas

governor ann richards said that third base stuff about w...so i stole it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:25 am

but i do think phil is a low fiber turd that just will not flush
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:00 am

Phil

Great Coaches make quick and decisive decisons! Well Phil is one dumbass then. In talking after the game he said after Odom picked up number two he was talking with his STAFF about taking him out and while waiting for a the decision..........Odom picked up #3. Geesh mot only blaming the refs but now his staff has to make sub decisions too?

Doc hit the nail on the head with his comment about John Wooden. "He was one of the two greatest basketball coaches of all tiime." (of course Red is the other).

beat

Last edited by beat on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:44 am

jeb65 wrote:but i do think phil is a low fiber turd that just will not flush

jeb,

This is some real high quality basketball analysis from you.
Who do you want to compare Phil to? Doc?
Is 10-9 really that painful to you that you would revert to childish name calling?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:52 am

beat wrote:Phil

Great Coaches make quick and decisive decisons! Well Phil is one dumbass then. In talking after the game he said after Odom picked up number two he was talking with his STAFF about taking him out and while waiting for a the decision..........Odom picked up #3. Geesh mot only blaming the refs but now his staff has to make sub decisions too?

Doc hit the nail on the head with his comment about John Wooden. "He was one of the two greatest basketball coaches of all tiime." (of course Red is the other).

beat

Coaches need to have some faith that after an 11 year veteran (Odom) picks up 2 fouls in like 2 minutes, he will not pick up a quick third.
Odom shouldn't need Phil to pull him quickly and sit him on the bench.
You might want post what Doc really said. Doc said Wooden was THE best coach ever. See below:

"He was the best coach ever,” Rivers said. “Him and Red Auerbach are the two guys that we talk about, the gods - and there are two of them.

“So the fact that I got to meet him and he actually knew my name, to me blew me away on its own right.”

Red and Wooden retired decades ago. Great coaches today like Phil and Popovich looked up to and admire Wooden and Red.

Here is what Phil said about Wooden:
“You know, I guess of the 150,000 people that are reciting John’s legendary fame, I just stand in awe of the guy."
He then talked about his vision.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1259620&srvc=rss
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:59 am

tjmakz wrote:

jeb,

Is 10-9 really that painful to you that you would revert to childish name calling?

tj,

childish name calling? Please don't start down that road again.

As was said earlier, this is a Celtics board. As such Lakers fans are simply going to have to put up with a lot of pro-Celtics stuff or even anti-Lakers stuff. And Lakers fans are also going to be sensitive to the fact that the Celtics fans on the board enjoy a certain sense of solidarity that may feel threatened by posts that would seem innocuous on a Lakers board. For their part, Celtics fans will have to recognize that Lakers fans have a right to be heard. But there's absolutely no excuse for making any of this sarcastically or antagonistically personal in either direction.

Feel free to send the Private Message to Sam or Sam's email address (SlipSamCelt@aol.com) with respect to this thread or anything else you have a problem with. Inputs from any of you are welcome.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:26 am

TJ

Are not we all allowed to say negative about the Lakers here?
Are you suddenly surprised by Jeb's remark after reading similar colorful remarks by him for the past several weeks?

Oh well.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 am

Jeb,

Thanks for the laugh. I don't even know what a choad is nor did I look it up to further enrich myself. It was the texture of your words that made me literally lmao. I'm serious. I can't find mine with both hands right now! Phil wasn't as disheartened as I would have liked to see him, but this was a good start. My favorite was Kobe's postgame. He had 2-0 Lakers on his mind going back to Boston before Game 1, which is what you would expect from Kobe.

As great as the Ray/Ron/Celtic team show was last night, and it was off the charts, the chances of Boston sweeping at home are probably not that great. We did, once again, mindset the Lakers now that they aren't going 12-0(?) at home this post season, just like we did ORL and CLE earlier.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 am

gyso wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

jeb,

tj,

childish name calling? Please don't start down that road again.

As was said earlier, this is a Celtics board. As such Lakers fans are simply going to have to put up with a lot of pro-Celtics stuff or even anti-Lakers stuff. And Lakers fans are also going to be sensitive to the fact that the Celtics fans on the board enjoy a certain sense of solidarity that may feel threatened by posts that would seem innocuous on a Lakers board. For their part, Celtics fans will have to recognize that Lakers fans have a right to be heard. But there's absolutely no excuse for making any of this sarcastically or antagonistically personal in either direction.

Feel free to send the Private Message to Sam or Sam's email address (SlipSamCelt@aol.com) with respect to this thread or anything else you have a problem with. Inputs from any of you are welcome.

gyso

gyso,

Is calling Phil a Piece of Sh@* protected speech under the "going to have to put up with a lot of pro-Celtics stuff or even anti-Lakers stuff" heading?
If I was on a Lakers board and someone called Doc, Danny, Red or anyone else a Piece of Sh, I would call them out over it.
If I was a moderator, I would delete the post or thread if necessasy.

What is the minimum level of human respect that is expected from Celtics posters here?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:01 am

beat wrote:TJ

Are not we all allowed to say negative about the Lakers here?
Are you suddenly surprised by Jeb's remark after reading similar colorful remarks by him for the past several weeks?

Oh well.

beat

beat,

Is calling Phil a Piece of Sh#@ just a negative comment? Saying Odom has played terrible this series is a negative comment that he is more then welcome to post.
Jeb's anti-Lakers/anti-referee rants during games is one thing because he often tends to get caught up in the moment.
I think a higher level of respect is expected in regular threads.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 am

tj

I dont like Jackson. I have said this before. I wont sensor my remarks for you. I did feel gloaty after listening to so much pro Laker chin music for the last few days. After all that TALK we left with what we came for ...a split.

Does this mean anything at all? Maybe not. I expect a long hard fought series.
This is two great teams going at it hard.

To hear Phil talk about the refs is a laugh riot though. A laugh riot.

Last edited by jeb65 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 am

tj,

I've said all I am going to about this. My reply to you said talk to Sam via PM or email.

That is your only recourse in matters such as these.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am

Phil rides the referees to some degree and I think it is great that he does.
He is hoping to get the benefit of the doubt on the next close call.

I think there has been many iffy/ticky-tack calls in the first two games.
Ray's foul #5 in game 1 and Kobe's foul near Rondo were probably the worst two.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 am

Also

inre the refs thing I am workin on it. Along with many other things that make me less than perfect.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 am

Hi,
Great game last night. Thank you very much.
I just want to mentioned the "shadow" contributors: 'Sheed, PP and BBD.
'Sheed was so good at the both ends, hitting very timely shots, rebounding and getting 0 T's; he had the highest +/- 15.
PP was very quiet on shooting, but he took Artest out of the game.
BBD is Mr. Hustle. Also, have to give him credit for having presence of mind to dish the ball out of at least one of the under-the-hoop-melee (to none other than MR. Best 3-pt shooter).
I, also, want to voice my concern about KG. I hope he's not injured - just a slump.

As for PJ, I think Jeb's post wins MVP (P stands for parody). BTW, TJ, it was a joke. Even if it's insulting it reflects the facts: both times PJ came to teams that had already been built for championship run.
Last night, btw, once again revealed the weakest link in LAL - bench. I'm talkin about PJ's desperation move of keeping Kobe on RA: they didn't have anybody else who could stick with Mr. Hot-Hot and be more or less effective on offense.
On LA side my hat goes off for AB. Gasol, as always, was going like well oiled machine. Just at the very end of the game his frustration took better of him when he shoved Perk after fouling him.
On the refs. I think game 2 was very similar to game 1: reffed very tight and all mistakes spread more or less evenly.
And, of course, have to mention the heroes of the game - R & R. Guess who they are? Very Happy

AK

PS Sorry, my "just wanted to mentioned" didn't work out.
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 am

These are the playoffs. Two great teams going at it hammer and nails. I don't know about Lakers fans, but Celtics fans have gone through a lot this year. We're jazzed up that the Celtics have come this far, and our emotions are running high.

This is a place where Celtics fans express their emotions. This is where they may, if they wish and are civil about it, say good things about the Celtics and bad things about the Lakers. In the process, name-calling can happen. If I chose to, I might call Dennis Rodman an "idiot" on this board without blinking an eye. The important distinction is that name-calling of other board members is not allowed. That's when it gets personal and moderator action may be taken.

There are certain words that we don't like to see appear too often often. I have to assume that was why Jeb specifically did NOT call Phil a piece of shit. And the word "turd," like dung or poop, is a more accepted synonym in society. I actually appreciated Jeb's forbearance.

I empathize with what Lakers fans must endure on this board at this time. And I'm committed to ensuring that they are shown no disrespect in the form of personal insults. But thick skin is necessarily the order of the day when it comes to pro-Celtics or anti-Lakers subject matter.

I hope that, whichever way this series goes, we'll then return to a less emotional state, as attention turns to the future. Perhaps the danger could then turn to gloating or taunting (in either direction), which will be treated in the same manner as name-calling of other members.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next