mrkleen09
Sam
jeb
Hoopdeedoo
LACELTFAN
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stealing from Mark Twain.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Stealing from Mark Twain....

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 pm

tjmakz wrote:LA,

Good points and good advice.
Never have MG, BSH or myself compared Phil to Red.
The media is only looking at numbers. It is just a story to them. Ten seconds after comparing Phil to Red, they will be talking about Strasburg or Jose Canseco...

Making personal derogitory remarks about Phil seems a little over the top.
I would love for someone to bash Kobe for the things that he deserves such as his press conference last night. Does he really need to have his fist against his chin like he was beyond bored or this was beneath him? Phil plays games with reporters, Kobe disrespects them.

TJ,

I didn't see the post-game interview, but I've seen Kobe exhibit similar behavior at other times.

Gasol spoke of how his teammates feed off of his competitiveness. Well, the Lakers better hope they don't feed off of his nonchalant dismissal of a home loss. Kobe's greatness comes from his mental discipline and his self-confidence. Kobe's feet of clay comes from his mental discipline and self-confidence. He forgets, in his egocentric world, that nobody else in the league thinks like him. His "it's just one game, so what's the need for anxiety?" works for him, but not for everybody else. He is very self-absorbed. It insulates him personally, but not his teammates.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 pm

TJ,

I was wondering about Kobe's attitude after Game 2. I think I saw him do something very similar not long ago. I can't recall whether it was before the series or after Game 1. I can a fierce competitor being angry or even pouting after a loss. But is that attitude something he routinely displays?

KG's body language at a press conference, after a win or loss, sort of involves holding the top of his head, with his elbow on the table, looking downward. It took a while for me to realize it's not a sign of disrespect, and he does occasionally focus his eyes on the reporter he's answering. The difference between KG and Kobe is that KG will often give lengthy answers whereas Kobe's recent responses were rather curt. Some of the questions were pretty stupid too, so I'm not really criticizing Kobe...simply wondering if that's the way he usually is with the press.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:48 pm

tjmakz wrote:Please post where Phil said anything about the referees after game 1. You won't post anything because he didn't say anything.

You mean like THIS press conference after game 1 where Phil talks about the refs for more than a minute?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2010/06/03/0040900401_bos_lal_recap.nba/index.html#
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Please post where Phil said anything about the referees after game 1. You won't post anything because he didn't say anything.

You mean like THIS press conference after game 1 where Phil talks about the refs for more than a minute?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2010/06/03/0040900401_bos_lal_recap.nba/index.html#

Thanks for the game 1 recap url, but I didn't see a Game 1 Phil Jackson post game interview here.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Mrkleen,

I don't see any press conference on that link....just highlights of Game1. Am I doing something wrong?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Phil Jackson tried to work the reffing before game 1, by suggesting the Celtics were an overly physical "smackdown team" (and a team with Artest on it isn't) and he said after game 2, lost by the Lakers, that he thought the refs shouldn't be so quick with the whistles and let the Lakers "play through the bumps".

I am not aware of any comments about the reffing by Phil after the game they won.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Here is the link to Phil's nationally televised press conference after game 1.
Phil said nothing about the referees.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2010/06/03/phil-jacksons-post-game-1-interview-3/37253/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Not sure how to embed the video, as the NBA doesnt seem to want to let you do that.

Try this.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/playoffs/2010/06/04/20100604_lal_jackson_media.nba
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Well both of those two most recently posted links show the same printed report of the press conference. I read it twice. Mrkleen, exactly where are Phil's referee-related comments that lasted more than a minute? I can't find any ref-related comments at all. Maybe I'm missing something.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 pm

:46 seconds to around 1:35

Not Jackson's usual ripping the ref with underhanded comments, but it was comments about the refs nonetheless.

In addition, it is funny that he talks about playing beyond the calls....and then after game 2 - forgets all about that, and cries about their calls the whole time.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:04 pm

kleen,

Where's the link?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:15 pm

I see a link in one of his posts to a clip of Phil Jackson at media day talking about the difference between being aggressive and physical.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Okay, I saw Phil, obviously talking after Game 1, giving the reasons why he thought the game was called tightly. While he said he didn't think most games would be called like that, it didn't seem to me that he was complaining. If anything, I thought the tight calls benefited the Lakers more than the Celtics. But I guess, technically, he did talk about the refs for about half a minute.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Sam wrote:Okay, I saw Phil, obviously talking after Game 1, giving the reasons why he thought the game was called tightly. While he said he didn't think most games would be called like that, it didn't seem to me that he was complaining. If anything, I thought the tight calls benefited the Lakers more than the Celtics. But I guess, technically, he did talk about the refs for about half a minute.

Sam

Sam,

Are you able to post a link?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Here is the link that mrkleen09 gave:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/playoffs/2010/06/04/20100604_lal_jackson_media.nba
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 pm

tjmakz wrote:LA,

Good points and good advice.
Never have MG, BSH or myself compared Phil to Red.
The media is only looking at numbers. It is just a story to them. Ten seconds after comparing Phil to Red, they will be talking about Strasburg or Jose Canseco...

Making personal derogitory remarks about Phil seems a little over the top.
I would love for someone to bash Kobe for the things that he deserves such as his press conference last night. Does he really need to have his fist against his chin like he was beyond bored or this was beneath him? Phil plays games with reporters, Kobe disrespects them.
I didn't see it that way tj, he just looked mad to me...Pissed off at himself for missing an opportunity...I think he will come out in game 3 all business...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I am sure Kobe will be all business in game 3.
If would be nice for him to use his body language in a more positive manner.
On the court and off of the court.
But, I guess he wouldn't be the player he is if LA tried to manage or curtail his emotions.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 pm

tjmakz wrote:I am sure Kobe will be all business in game 3.
If would be nice for him to use his body language in a more positive manner.
On the court and off of the court.
But, I guess he wouldn't be the player he is if LA tried to manage or curtail his emotions.
There are things about him I don't like but I also think he gets a bit of a bad rap because he's not as media savvy as someone like Magic...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 pm

TJ,

This URL was posted by McKleen. It actually shows video rather than text.

Sam

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Sam,

I watched the press conferences right after game 1 and Phil said nothing about the referees. The link that you posted did show Phil talking the next day to reporters. He did briefly talk about the foul calls and how both teams need to play based on how the referees were calling the game. By no means was he compalining or questioning the referees. This does not come close to fitting kleen's description below of Phil's comment and 'all that speaking up he did after game 1.' "Yet all that speaking up your coach did after game one resulted in what? A LOSS and him still crying after game 2."

Nevertheless, Phil did mention the referees after game 1 (day after), so kleen is right and I was wrong. kleen, I apologize to you and would like to tell you that I am sorry.
beat, if this is the video you were trying to post, then I need to apologize to you too.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Keep them coming Jeb! I need a little Laker humor here. After following the Celtics for 40 plus years, do you honestly think I even care what anyone says about Phil Jackson? I have said it before, I have never liked Phil Jackson, from the time he played for the Knicks to the present. When I watched what little
I can stomach of his interview after a game, I wait to see if he will at least say that the opposing team just flat out outplayed his team. "Give them credit, they played great basketball tonight". How many times did we hear that from Doc in the last couple of series? Game 4 & 5 against the Magic? Games against the Cav's? Jackson isn't capable of being a "good sport". So, don't worry about me complaining about what you say, I always need a good laugh at the Laker's expense.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3