A Mathematical Apology

+2
bobheckler
LACELTFAN
6 posters

Go down

A Mathematical Apology Empty A Mathematical Apology

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Three is not four. It's right there on the page in front of us. Three is not equal to four. Mathematicians have been driven mad by lesser notions. The powerful have trembled at less..
Okay maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic...but the fact remains It takes four to get a banner, three will get you a footnote.
The fat lady isn't singing yet, she's in the building but, You Guys In Green Aren't Done Yet...
GO CELTICS
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

A Mathematical Apology Empty Re: A Mathematical Apology

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 pm

3 down and one very, very big one to go.

The fat lady is standing up, she's clearing her throat, but she ain't singing yet.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

LA

Why dont you take today...just one day...and enjoy the smell of the roses.

I know you love the Celtics, I know you are often the voice of reason vs. the strong pro Celtics sentiment out here from most of us.

But really man, your team is playing great and is about to win the most improbable championship in a long time. Enjoy the ride man.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 pm

I agree completely with you, LACelt. Maybe it's superstition; perhaps it's common sense born of a load of experience. But just the remote hint of a prediction that the Celtics might win sends me into seething spasms. The same holds true for a given game. I absolutely hate to see any premature crowing or mentions of some dancing guy until the Celtics are up by 20 with 10 seconds left. I realize that's a bit severe, but I've always thought it was a good discipline to avoid such things.

Once again, I must point to my reference point in these situations. Do what the players do. Don't make predictions if they're not making predictions. If they're not celebrating a win on the court, it's not yet time for me to celebrate the win. It's proven to be a very useful guide for me and I recommend it to others, although I'd fight for their right to feel and post otherwise.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 pm

bobheckler wrote:3 down and one very, very big one to go.

The fat lady is standing up, she's clearing her throat, but she ain't singing yet.

bob,

Best avatar not holding a towel presently on the board.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:54 pm

The good news about this team is they have swallowed the "One Game at a Time, forget everything else but playing Celtic Basketball" pill Doc administers to them before every game. They are the only ones that need to be worrying about it and they could care less thanks to Doc. Our optimism or pessimism fortunately has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of Game 6 or any of the preceding games, unless you are superstitious then you need Tarot cards.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:LA

Why dont you take today...just one day...and enjoy the smell of the roses.

I know you love the Celtics, I know you are often the voice of reason vs. the strong pro Celtics sentiment out here from most of us.

But really man, your team is playing great and is about to win the most improbable championship in a long time. Enjoy the ride man.
I believe I'm second to none in pure enjoyment of the Celtics winning the Finals and NONE is sweeter than beating our crosstown (that's a big ass town) rivals. As I said after the 2008 Finals, it's one of the best drugs known to man...What a nice high...
But we aren't there yet. Just like Hollywood (just up the street), the best is saved for last...It's also the hardest...The hardest part of this years journey is just around the corner. Make no mistake, the Lakers will not go quietly into the night.....You couldn't make this stuff up...It's the best...... GO CELTICS
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:31 pm

Dbrown,

Perhaps it is superstition. Maybe it's as simple as wanting to share vicariously the world of the big boys. Possibly there's a certain gratification in trying to adopt the mentality of the players because constantly practicing that discipline can lead to certain instinctive insights that might not be readily apparent to all. But, whatever it is, it works well for me. It certainly is the right of others to pursue other ways of enjoying the game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down