Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?!

3 posters

Go down

Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?! Empty Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?!

Post by Brandon$$ Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 am

The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they don’t want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely won’t deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100628.html

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I live in Toronto so during the season I'm always catching the Raptors games. Jarrett Jack is a beast at the point guard spot, and I like his game. He's always looking to attack and with great upper body strength he can finish at the rim. CB4 was out for a duration during the season and the team looked to JJ to score. Lakers getting Chris Bosh with Jarrett Jack is a great deal for them, although they lose some size...
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?! Empty Re: Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?!

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:42 am

Another report had the same package of Bosh and Jack for Bynum and Odom with Vujacic included.
I would think Bosh would want to be in a sign and trade because it guarantees him an additional $32+m over the course of the contract.
If not to LA, I would think he would want to be traded to another contender.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?! Empty Re: Lakers trying to do a sign-&-trade to get Chris Bosh?!

Post by Brandon$$ Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm

As a lakers fan, what do you think of that trade for your team Tjmakz?

L.A would lose some size and Lamar Odom to me was one of the X-factors in most games for the Lakers because of the mismatch problems he provides.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:As a lakers fan, what do you think of that trade for your team Tjmakz?

L.A would lose some size and Lamar Odom to me was one of the X-factors in most games for the Lakers because of the mismatch problems he provides.

I would be happy if LA kept Bynum and Odom but I like the trade for a number of reasons:
1) Bosh is one of the best players in the league. He is a great scorer, very good rebounder and superior defensive player. He is also very athletic and still pretty young.
2) I like Jarrett Jack as a player. He is tough and is a very good shooter. He would be their starting PG. Fisher could be the back up.
3) Keeping Bosh away from signing with whatever team LeBron signs with is a big plus.
4) I expect Both Ebanks and Caracter to make the team. If Caracter is effective, he can play both PF and C.

Odom was very inconsistent as usual this year. $8.5m for good play every other game makes him expendable.
Bynum could be a 20 and 10 guy every year but he could also be along for the ride like he was in the last 3 years of playoffs.

LA could use the MLE, bi-annual exception or veterans minimum to sign a veteran big man. Maybe a Jermaine O'Neal or Shaq...???
LA's team could look like this:

PG-Jack, Fisher
SG-Bryant, Vucajic, Brown (Maybe)
SF-Artest, Ebanks, Walton, McGrady (Maybe)
PF-Bosh, Caracter
C-Gasol, J. O'Neal (Maybe)

I wouldn't be surprised if LA made a move for Collision and Okafor.
New Orleans would love to get out from Okafor's contract.
Trading Farmar, Vujacic and Walton would work trying to match up the salaries.
N.O. most likely is not a playoff team this year. They would receive two expiring contracts in Farmar and Vujacic.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 pm

tjmakz wrote:
BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:As a lakers fan, what do you think of that trade for your team Tjmakz?

I would be happy if LA kept Bynum and Odom but I like the trade for a number of reasons:
1) Bosh is one of the best players in the league. He is a great scorer, very good rebounder and superior defensive player. He is also very athletic and still pretty young.
2) I like Jarrett Jack as a player. He is tough and is a very good shooter. He would be their starting PG. Fisher could be the back up.
3) Keeping Bosh away from signing with whatever team LeBron signs with is a big plus.
4) I expect Both Ebanks and Caracter to make the team. If Caracter is effective, he can play both PF and C.

Odom was very inconsistent as usual this year. $8.5m for good play every other game makes him expendable.
Bynum could be a 20 and 10 guy every year but he could also be along for the ride like he was in the last 3 years of playoffs.

LA could use the MLE, bi-annual exception or veterans minimum to sign a veteran big man. Maybe a Jermaine O'Neal or Shaq...???
LA's team could look like this:

PG-Jack, Fisher
SG-Bryant, Vucajic, Brown (Maybe)
SF-Artest, Ebanks, Walton, McGrady (Maybe)
PF-Bosh, Caracter
C-Gasol, J. O'Neal (Maybe)

I wouldn't be surprised if LA made a move for Collision and Okafor.
New Orleans would love to get out from Okafor's contract.
Trading Farmar, Vujacic and Walton would work trying to match up the salaries.
N.O. most likely is not a playoff team this year. They would receive two expiring contracts in Farmar and Vujacic.

I like the trade as well, but if Jerry Buss is including LO to reduce costs, I would prefer the following:

Bynum and Sasha for Bosh and Jack

LO to NJ for Favors. This is assuming NJ strikes out on FA 4s. Their owner and coach want to win now, and they keep referring to Favors as an asset. If NJ got, say, Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay, (or JJ and LBJ for that matter), they could very well do a deal like LO for Favors.

On the Lakers end, they would then sign a physical backup 5 (Kwame or Dampier) at vet min

Add Raja or TMac at vet min

Payroll would end up in mid-$80m range, saving Buss around $15-16m.

Fish, Jack (playing most of the minutes), Crittenden
Kobe, Brown/Bell
Ron, Ebanks, Luke
Bosh, Favors, Caracter
Pau, Kwame

Starting five (plus Jack) is fantastic, with a young athletic second unit that can really get up and down the floor.

I'd be excited about that roster, and feel good about it's chances against whoever comes out of the East- a retooled Cs squad, Chicago (if they land FAs), Orlando, MIami, whoever.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 pm

BSH,

I agree with your points but there is NO WAY NJ trades Favors (#3 pick) for Odom. NJ is easily a playoff team if they had a starting line up of Harris, JJ, Gay, Favors, Lopez.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:50 pm

tjmakz wrote:BSH,

I agree with your points but there is NO WAY NJ trades Favors (#3 pick) for Odom. NJ is easily a playoff team if they had a starting line up of Harris, JJ, Gay, Favors, Lopez.

But they keep talking about Favors as "an asset". Seems like they want to move him.

Because they want to win now, and Favors is raw. I actually think if they strike out with FAs they will keep Favors, but if they get the rest of those guys you list, LO is a better fit for winning now, and the new owner wants to make a splash.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:18 am

BSH,

If you read the article in the link below, you will see that Prokhorov is not in a hurry to win.
I pasted a couple of sentences from the article
below the link.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/05/nets_owner_mikhail_prokhorov_m.html

He added that if it doesn’t fly, and the team shoots blanks this summer, there is always 2011.

“My goal is to create a dynasty team, and I am not in a hurry,” Prokhorov said. “We have second year, with more free agents coming. That’s why I’m not ready to overpay in order to kill the strategy.”
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 am

Oh ok. I had read in a couple of places that he wants to win now.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 am

I would try to make it Bynum, Sasha and LO for Bosh, Jack and Ed Davis then.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 am

BSH,

Ed Davis was drafted as Bosh's replacement.
Did you raid the liquor cabinet tonight? just kidding. Very Happy
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 am

If they're getting LO they don't need Davis.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down