mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
18 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 10 Empty Re: Jaylen and Jayson

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 am

dboss wrote:He was ok.  Lol

Tremendous 21 year old baller.  He has the it factor.  He has the elite gene.

As anyone who has followed the game knows to be elite/great you have to do it against the greats, the best, he certainly is capable of big plays/shots in big games....outstanding, breathtaking, Larry like

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:06 am

Just saw on Sportscenter Kawhi was 1-7 when Tatum was on him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Thought it might be fun to hear this Laker fan drool over Jayson Tatum.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am

Helluva video about JT, and he is right. In a few years Jayson will make us completely forget that we did not draft that sure thing Superstar Markelle Fultz.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 am

There seems to be nothing on the floor he can’t do, his defense has been amazing lately, gets up for the big moments in big games, giddy we have 2 J’s at 21 and 23, imagine the next few years....this years playoff run is going to be exciting growth.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 am

What I don't understand is how Kobe was able to replicate Jayson's moves so perfectly. Perhaps when he was in Italy he got access to some of the time/space warp studies Enrico Fermi was doing and was able to transport into the future for a viewing. Uncanny. I've got to give the Black mamba credit for that.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am

worcester wrote:What I don't understand is how Kobe was able to replicate Jayson's moves so perfectly. Perhaps when he was in Italy he got access to some of the time/space warp studies Enrico Fermi was doing and was able to transport into the future for a viewing. Uncanny. I've got to give the Black mamba credit for that.

I love it when I can come to a Celtics board and see the brilliant physicist and Nobel prize winner Enrico Fermi's name mentioned.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 am

Cowherd is obviously right in his call on Kyrie being a detriment to the games of 2 J’s, just heard Barkley basically say the same thing when commenting on Kyrie getting a VP position in Players Association. Barkley said he’s never shown any leadership skills in his whole career....and questioned why he got that position.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am

bobheckler wrote:Thought it might be fun to hear this Laker fan drool over Jayson Tatum.

bob

Great video bob, the more I see Tatum this year, the more he reminds me of a taller version of Kobe, imagine if Kobe was 2 inches taller with that reach and could play either 3 or 4 equally...??? Tatum has really exceeded expectations just this last month how he has used this stage to carry the team while missing key pieces at different times. Recently his defense has been at another level, he’s got so many of Kobe’s moves, actually didn’t even realize that. So so glad Kyrie left, so this could become JT’s team, and when it becomes JT’s team Jaylen, GH, Kemba all are in on it too, as team really has been sharing the ball all year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Thought it might be fun to hear this Laker fan drool over Jayson Tatum.

bob

Great video bob, the more I see Tatum this year, the more he reminds me of a taller version of Kobe, imagine if Kobe was 2 inches taller with that reach and could play either 3 or 4 equally...??? Tatum has really exceeded expectations just this last month how he has used this stage to carry the team while missing key pieces at different times. Recently his defense has been at another level, he’s got so many of Kobe’s moves, actually didn’t even realize that. So so glad Kyrie left, so this could become JT’s team, and when it becomes JT’s team Jaylen, GH, Kemba all are in on it too, as team really has been sharing the ball all year.

Cow,

I still wish he'd give up rebounds and run without the ball more, but that's one of the very few things about his game I'm down on.

LOCK. HIM. UP. DANNY.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

bob

Cow,

I still wish he'd give up rebounds and run without the ball more, but that's one of the very few things about his game I'm down on.

LOCK. HIM. UP. DANNY.

bob

I love the way he battles and skies for rebounds, he also is such a great finisher, Worthy like on the break....agreed he still has to give up the dribble faster and just move the ball and sprint, the ball will come back to him....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:31 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

bob

Cow,

LOCK. HIM. UP. DANNY.

bob

I love the way he battles and skies for rebounds, he also is such a great finisher, Worthy like on the break....agreed he still has to give up the dribble faster and just move the ball and sprint, the ball will come back to him....

Cow,

Worthy-like on the break, Kobe-like in the half-court. OMG! We have an All-Laker Celtic!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:21 am

In general this team does not run the type of fast break made famous by the Russell and Cowens teams.

Tommy periodically talks about that.

Guys want to dribble the ball up the court  because they can.   And sometimes they try for touchdown passes that are either too long or too short.  It takes a certain type of discipline to play fast break basketball.  Coaching has to put a real emphasis on using the tactic to attack the opponent.   Teams that like to play small ball should be able to fast break more often.  The key is to pass the ball instead of dribbling.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP
One final Celtics note from Friday night:

Jayson Tatum moved into the Top 10 on the Celtics all-time three-pointer list...

...passing Jaylen Brown.

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 10 ERW_IafX0AAoNMT?format=png&name=small

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm

I have never felt more relaxed after a heartbreaking 2 point loss to our most bitter rival, because of how great Jayson Tatum has been playing and how great our franchise is gonna be in the near future....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Ditto Cow, ditto. We may have lost a battle (thanks to the refs) but we are winning a war, and father time is definitely on our side. Jaylen played well. Jayson played out of his GD mind. He's going from being a potential star to being a potential All Star to being an All Star to being a potential SuperStar in one brief season - all at age 21! Ombeliebable!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 pm

worcester wrote:Ditto Cow, ditto. We may have lost a battle (thanks to the refs) but we are winning a war, and father time is definitely on our side. Jaylen played well. Jayson played out of his GD mind. He's going from being a potential star to being a potential All Star to being an All Star to being a potential SuperStar in one brief season - all at age 21! Ombeliebable!

He has been so great in the biggest games recently, he put on a clinic today and vs Clippers a few games ago, he is so silky smooth, putting on variety of moves to get past his man, then finishes over AD and DH like butter. In recent games vs Kawhi, AD and Lebron, all NBA players, he has been best player on the floor....remarkable how he suddenly put this together so fast.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:11 am

Tatum with a routine 36 points on 14-22 FG and 8-12 from 3, his 5th 30 point game in his last 9 games. I’d say he’s playing like the best forward in the game right now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:35 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/02/boston-celtics-jaylen-brown-jayson-tatum-celebrate-each-others-success-youve-got-to-want-for-your-brother-what-you-want-for-yourself.html

Boston Celtics Jaylen Brown & Jayson Tatum celebrate each other’s success: ’You’ve got to want for your brother what you want for yourself'

Today 4:42 AM

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 10 VD7ELX3HGJFHPJBJLIMW6G4N2Y
Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown shoots over Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum during the second half of an NBA basketball game in Portland, Ore., Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020. (AP Photo/Craig Mitchelldyer)AP

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

PORTLAND, OR - The Boston Celtics beat the Portland Trailblazers in a game that was a bit of a microcosm of the season for Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

For a while, they were playing about even. In fact, Brown went into halftime with a better-looking stat line of 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists. (Tatum had 10/5/0). Then in the second half, Tatum started to separate himself. By the time the game was over, the conversation had become almost entirely about Tatum’s ridiculous shooting night.

“He’s playing unreal. He’s playing the best ball of his career. So let’s keep going,” Brown said after the game. “Let’s see how we can keep feeding it to him. If he keeps making shots like that, I don’t see why not, right? Just keep playing basketball. That’s it.”

It can be easy to think there’s some sort of internal rivalry between the two of them. People tend to pick one favorite over the other, which is fine. People like to have favorite players. The reasoning, though, comes off as criticism of one or the other.

However people feel, it doesn’t seem to exist in the Celtics locker room.

“It’s a lot of fun,” Tatum said. “We get grouped together a lot... it’s our third year playing together. We both took leaps this year, so it’s been fun, and he’s been playing great all season."

Brown has been, and it can be easy to forget that many thought he could have been Boston’s All-Star instead of Tatum at one point. Much like the game in Portland, Tatum’s explosion happened later, and it has been bigger than anyone could have imagined.

“He’s a guy that is establishing himself as we’re all witnessing, we’re all watching,” Carmelo Anthony said. “I love his game, I love watching him play.”

Brown is enjoying it too, because that’s what teammates do. They’re supposed to root for one another.

“You’ve got to want for your brother what you want for yourself,” Brown said. “So as we go out here and are playing basketball games and Jayson gets it going, just keep going to him. That’s how I see it.”

Tatum and Brown combined for more than half of Boston’s points between them. When one gets going, defenses have to react and the other can take advantage.

“He’s a lot more aggressive and I feel like he’s a lot more comfortable out there,” Tatum said of Brown. "Last year was tough for everybody and he still had his confidence. That’s what we need from him.”

People have a tendency to focus on the brightest light in front of them in the moment. Right now, it’s Tatum. In the past, it has been Brown. It’s also been Kemba Walker, Gordon Hayward, and to a lesser degree, even Daniel Theis.

This is a Celtics team built to succeed as a group. Even as one or two players ascend or take turns in the spotlight, the 2019-20 Celtics still need those guys to play together.

“That’s what we have to be as a team," Stevens said. "We all need Jaylen Brown to be great. We all need Jayson Tatum to be great. We all need everybody else, to be great. We all just need that. Our team’s only chance of going where we want to go is all those guys are good. Not just one guy, not just two guys. We need everybody.”

bob
MY NOTE:  We are SO lucky.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:56 am

Amongst the dizzying array of 3’s and step back and side step 3’s that Tatum displayed with the long ball, 2 of my favorite plays last night were his dynamic dribbling sprint right down the middle on 2 players, showing an incredible burst leading to a fantastic dunk....plays like that make you shout!! Both J’s have an extra gear of speed, superpower that they can call on. The other was a weak side block from the side on Carmelo, seems like he came out of nowhere and blocked the ball in play, he’s developed into a gifted defensive player this year too. Having 3 defenders like Smart, Brown and Tatum is such a joy to watch and can’t wait for RWill to join this party....

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:56 am

Bob we are lucky!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:10 pm

https://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/post-022520-brown-quietly-continues-to-soar-into-stardom-alongside-tatum

Brown Quietly Continues To Soar Into Stardom Alongside Tatum

By Marc D'Amico |  @Marc_DAmico
Celtics.com
February 26, 2020

PORTLAND – While Jayson Tatum is earning all of the national attention with his dominant stretch this month, Jaylen Brown is standing quietly in the background while continuing to provide his own stellar play.

His performance has done the talking and has reminded everyone that there are two budding stars in Boston, not just one.

Brown continued one of the best months of his career Tuesday night in Portland by scoring 24 points during a win over the Trail Blazers. He is now averaging 22.0 points per game during February, which trails only his average of 22.9 PPG during December for the top scoring month of his career.

Brown has also raised his season scoring average up to 20.4 PPG, which isn’t too far behind Tatum’s team-leading average of 23.1 PPG.

Yet amid his own rise to stardom – Brown is now a top-30 scorer in the NBA – the fourth-year wing gladly sings praise to his teammates, like Tatum, while his performances oftentimes fall to the back burner.

“You gotta want for your brother what you want for yourself,” he told Celtics.com.

How refreshing is that mindset?

There is not a selfish bone in Brown’s body. He is selfless, fully invested in placing the team’s success above his own.

Such characteristics have turned Brown into a leader of the Celtics at just 23 years old. He perfectly balances personal aggression with team-first selflessness. Such balance was on full display Tuesday night.

Brown took over during the second quarter, when he scored 12 points all by himself. He also took a back seat when Tatum took over during the second half, when Tatum scored 26 total points.

In the end, Brown understands that both avenues can and will lead to team success, just as they did Tuesday in Portland. That is the one and only result with which he is concerned.

“There’s a lot of guys in this league that are super talented, but a lot of them don’t know how to win or be leaders,” Brown said Tuesday. “So, as I’m learning, I think that’s an important part of the game that people forget about.”

Tatum then commented that selflessness, like what Brown is displaying this season, has been a critical component to Boston’s success.

“That’s the sign of a good team,” he said of players celebrating others’ success. “We all enjoy playing with each other. It’s different guys every night. Everybody just wants to win. That’s the biggest thing.”

The Celtics, now winners of 13 of their last 16 games, are winning as often as anyone in the league right now. They sit third in the Eastern Conference standings, just 1.5 games behind the Toronto Raptors, and have already beaten every playoff team with the exception of Houston, Indiana and Utah, who they will play for the first time Wednesday night.

There is no question about whether or not Tatum has been the star of this surge. He has. But even he made sure to point out Tuesday night that the Celtics wouldn’t be experiencing this level of success without the presence of Brown’s stellar play.

“We’ve both kinda taken leaps this year, and so it’s been fun,” Tatum said of he and Brown. “He’s been playing great all season, and he’s one of the biggest reasons why we’ve been winning.”

Don’t forget that – no matter how much Brown’s selfless attitude might open the door to do so.

bob
MY NOTE:  You want to enjoy your work, feel challenged by it and see opportunities for advancement.  You also want to make money.  But one of the more underappreciated aspects of work is enjoying the people you work with.  I've had many jobs in my working career as I moved from opportunity to opportunity but I always missed the friends I left at the last job, especially when I didn't like the people I was working with at the new job as much.  Then the extra money and better job didn't taste quite as sweet as I thought they would.  I know that Jaylen appreciates all this, that's why he resigned with us and did it without testing the free agent market, where he would have been a big draw, and I'm hoping the same is true for Jayson this off-season.  You're an All-Star here, Jayson, on your way to superstardom.  You have a coach putting you in a position to achieve that goal and you work with people who you like and who like you back, who cheer you for your successes and don't resent you for them. You have already earned more money at age 22 than any of us after a lifetime of labor. Take a moment to smell the roses and realize The Boston Celtics is Eden for you. You could be the next Paul Pierce and your brother Jaylen could be right there with you.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 pm

These two have been pretty consistent all year.  

I do not think you have to worry about Tatum leaving.  I know that the Lakers would love to get their paws on him but those idiots had a chance to draft him.

Danny will roll out a $170 million max deal.  

This is how it is suppose to work.  Get one or two studs out of the draft, help them develop and build a contender around them.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:08 pm

Could the Lakers really have drafted Tatum? I was under the assumption that Tatum was the one Danny wanted, and knew that he would still be there at #3. If that is the case, Danny never would have traded down if he thought there was a chance Magic would draft JT. The only way the Lakers could have drafted JT is either by lying to Danny about their intentions (possible, but good luck fooling Ainge) or if Danny liked Fultz, Ball, and Tatum equally well and would have been happy with any of the three. Anyone know the real story?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next