Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:gary washburn
@GwashburnGlobe
·
1h
Jaylen Brown has decided to jump in on the big men workout and is having success. #Celtics.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286326617443389441

bob
MY NOTE:  He's just too good.  Whenever I think of Jaylen Brown I get a big smile on my face because I remember he signed his new contract with us without going to free agency and testing the market. He WANTED to be a Celtic.  Aside from that being a happy thought it sends a statement to other players about what it means to be in green.  Jaylen is growing in "political" stature in the league.  He was, last year, the NBPA's youngest Vice President ever.  That might not have much weight for us but I'll bet it does to the members (i.e. players) who belong to the NBA's Players Union.

Can you believe Tobias Harris is making more than Jaylen...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Philly was throwing money around trying to build a power house. Look at the $$$$$ they gave Al Horford and now they said he is going to come off the bench. When this is all over, he will be on the trading block but I wonder if anyone will want him at the money he is making.

Jaylen negotiated his own deal, said he really wanted to stay here, so he can't say much. He will get them on the flip side, I hope, for his sake
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Oops

Nerlens Noel latest to forget to show up for coronavirus test in NBA bubble

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-nerlens-noel-forgot-take-coronavirus-covid19-test-nba-bubble-disney-world-234700572.html

Ryan Young
Writer, Yahoo Sports
July 28, 2020

There are very few non-basketball things players are required to do while inside the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World.

Showing up to get tested for COVID-19 — which is the only reason the bubble exists in the first place — is one of them.

That, however, slipped Oklahoma City Thunder center Nerlens Noel’s mind this week, making him just the latest in the league to land in a one-day quarantine.

Noel forgot to take his coronavirus test this week, Thunder coach Billy Donovan announced on Tuesday. As a result, Noel missed their final scrimmage on Tuesday night and has to quarantine for a day before he can rejoin the team.

"Nerlens is extremely remorseful," Donovan said, via The Oklahoman. "There's times I've been in my room and been like, 'Oh my God, I forgot to test,' and I've gotta run down there and test.

“These days kind of run together so to speak and you're kind of doing the same thing every day. You've got your practices, you go into the meal room and sometimes it can slip your mind. If your test is not necessarily right around practice, it could be a little later in the day, you could forget."

Noel was averaging 7.7 points and 4.9 rebounds mainly off the bench for the Thunder this season, his sixth in the league, when play was suspended in March. The 26-year-old is on a one-year, $2 million deal with Oklahoma City.

Noel is one of several players who have forgotten to get tested. Both Denver Nuggets star Paul Millsap and Dallas Mavericks forward Kristaps Porzingis forgot their respective tests last week, forcing them to each miss a scrimmage.

The Thunder will resume play on Saturday against the Utah Jazz with a 40-24 record, the fifth-best in the Western Conference. While the rest of the regular season will naturally draw most of the focus in the coming weeks, Donovan knows how important it is for his players to keep showing up to get tested.

“We’ve gotta all be responsible and make sure we’re getting that done,” Donovan said, via The Oklahoman.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Watching Lakers and Clippers, very good competitive game, both teams making runs. Most important player for Lakers may be Alex Caruso, with Rondo out, only guy that can play legit point is Caruso, even Lebron needs a breather at this stage of his career. Who woulda thought...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 am

This game had playoff level intensity. LAL edged out a 103-101 win.

Who has the better team? I think the Clippers are the better team. Harrell and Lou Williams are not in the bubble but both will be back soon.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:37 am

dboss wrote:This game had playoff level intensity.  LAL edged out a 103-101 win.

Who has the better team?  I think the Clippers are the better team.  Harrell and Lou Williams are not in the bubble but both will be back soon.

Totally agree, those are 2 key forces for the Clippers that were missing. Lebron played some inspired defense that I haven’t seen from him in years, but it may have taken away from his offense. I don’t see Lebron being able to carry that team deep into the playoffs with their point guard situation. The loss of Rondo and AB is huge. Unless AD can avg close to 40 points a game, and Kuzma 20, I don’t see Lakers getting past Clippers.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 am

Cow I do not think Lebron can carry the team all the way. He still has a lot of game but he does not look as dominant. He has to match up with Leonard or George and that takes a lot of energy from a 35 year old player with 239 playoff games in his pocket.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:04 am

dboss wrote:Cow I do not think Lebron can carry the team all the way.  He still has a lot of game but he does not look as dominant.  He has to match up with Leonard or George and that takes a lot of energy from a 35 year old player with 239 playoff games in his pocket.  

Exactly

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:06 pm

Wow Kyle Lowry is unbelievable, he is Marcus Smart tough and just taken over this game, been in the middle of everything. Anthony Davis looking very average at best tonight, Lebron has had some moments, but not enough to carry his team at all.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:30 am

Something is wrong with Zion Williamson

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:00 am

The Pacers beat the Sixers to take sole possession of 5th place.

It is, therefore, much more likely our first round opponent will be Philly.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:32 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Pacers beat the Sixers to take sole possession of 5th place.

It is, therefore, much more likely our first round opponent will be Philly.

bob

Not the ideal first round matchup. But if we slip to 4th we would have a 2nd round run at the Bucks.

The reality is that Boston has to beat 3 quality teams to get into the finals.  If we cannot beat the Sixers we do not deserve anything.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:43 pm

Pacers beat Philly without Sabonis?
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Sixers backcourt sucks with or without Simmons playing there, overall as a team they lack in perimeter shooting. If we are healthy and Tatum is not doing a John Starks imitation, we should handle them in 5 or 6.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm

worcester wrote:Pacers beat Philly without Sabonis?

Yep thanks to TJ Warren having a career game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 pm

We can Phinish Philly...
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 4 hours ago
Raptors beat the Heat 107-103. Heat play the Celtics in a back-to-back tomorrow. A Celtics win would put them 3 1/2 games up on Miami with five games to play, basically locking up the 3-seed. (Boston owns the tie-breaker but it’s meaningless as they can’t end up tied.)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
4 hours ago
Inside a Celtics bubble practice with @Enes Kanter: 🏀 "Jaylen and Jayson, man, if they’re on the same (scrimmage) team, God, you got like no chance." 🏀 "Let me tell you something about Grant [Williams], he is making 3s like crazy. I promise."

bob

This team has so much young talent, besides the dynamic 2 J’s, this playoff could be a coming out party for some of our young role players, GWill RW and even Romeo has the look of a playa according to my eye test.

Cow,

Young teams don't win championships, teams of grizzled veterans with expiration dates flashing through their minds do.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:50 am

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
yesterday
Grizzlies just lost to Pelicans on Monday night, their third straight loss in the Orlando bubble. 8/9 play-in looks to be a lock to happen now in Western Conference.

bob
MY NOTE: I'm not sure how it works in this not-normal NBA but losses by Memphis is good for whomever owns their first round pick, which would be us.  We could sneak into the lottery @ 16.  If the league still does the pingpong ball thing we could move up, however unlikely, but we could not go down from 16. No downside.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 16 minutes ago
Hayward: “Being a facilitator is my natural position. It’s how I grew up playing the game. It’s what I like doing the most is passing ... I relish that role.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 16 minutes ago
Hayward: “Being a facilitator is my natural position. It’s how I grew up playing the game. It’s what I like doing the most is passing ... I relish that role.”

bob

It's a perfect role for him on this team, now and in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
yesterday
Grizzlies just lost to Pelicans on Monday night, their third straight loss in the Orlando bubble. 8/9 play-in looks to be a lock to happen now in Western Conference.

bob
MY NOTE: I'm not sure how it works in this not-normal NBA but losses by Memphis is good for whomever owns their first round pick, which would be us.  We could sneak into the lottery @ 16.  If the league still does the pingpong ball thing we could move up, however unlikely, but we could not go down from 16.  No downside.

Bob,

If Memphis makes the playoffs, Boston will have the pick from Memphis at #17. (Orlando and Brooklyn will pick at 15 and 16).
If Memphis does not make the playoffs, Boston will have the Memphis pick at #14.
If Boston has the pick at #14, they do have a small chance to move into the top 4 with good fortune from the ping pong balls.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:53 pm

tjmakz wrote:
yesterday

bob
MY NOTE: I'm not sure how it works in this not-normal NBA but losses by Memphis is good for whomever owns their first round pick, which would be us.  We could sneak into the lottery @ 16.  If the league still does the pingpong ball thing we could move up, however unlikely, but we could not go down from 16.  No downside.

Bob,

If Memphis makes the playoffs, Boston will have the pick from Memphis at #17. (Orlando and Brooklyn will pick at 15 and 16).
If Memphis does not make the playoffs, Boston will have the Memphis pick at #14.
If Boston has the pick at #14, they do have a small chance to move into the top 4 with good fortune from the ping pong balls.

Thanks, TJ. I've been saying "16" if we are in the lottery but, you're right, the lottery tops out at 14. The top 16 teams make the playoffs, I got it backwards.

Better and better. We not only need Memphis to keep losing, we need the Blazers and/or Spurs to win.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:00 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
yesterday

bob

Bob,

Thanks, TJ.  I've been saying "16" if we are in the lottery but, you're right, the lottery tops out at 14.  The top 16 teams make the playoffs, I got it backwards.

Better and better.  We not only need Memphis to keep losing, we need the Blazers and/or Spurs to win.

bob

Other than the 8 and 9 seeds in each conference, the draft positions are locked in because they are based on the standings thru 3/11/2020.
The Blazers could lose their next 4 or 5 games. They play Hou, Den, LAC, Phil, Dall and Brooklyn.
But, since they are so talented, they could also win many of those games.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
1 hour ago
🧠 @Enes Kanter believes @Grant2Will has the basketball IQ to be a head coach in the league someday. But what he really marvels at is how Grant knows the free-throw percentage of every opposing player 😂 🎧 bit.ly/KanterPod 📺 youtu.be/oHyh6Y7cGEg pic.twitter.com/bKaEAGtH1r

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next