Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5

5 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2020/08/comments-from-other-side-raptors-8720.html

By FLCeltfan

MY NOTE:  As always my favorites are in bold.  Which are yours?

Won't be upset if we lose because it may help guarantee 3rd place for Celtics. Don't want any part of Miami. A loss here also brings our players back to reality, refocus and gives the C's a false sense of security. Hope we win but I don't want Nurse going all out. This is just practice.

Easy W

can't wait for OG to f*** up tayBUM on D and Siakam to f*** up their wings on O.

Cant wait for the eventual 2-3 playoff match up with the Saltics. Beating them in the playoffs would be so sweet

Going to be fun watching Siakim beat down Tatum.  We all know whose the better player.

i wouldnt mind losing this one, dont care who wins. this is a practice game and its better if celtics win so they lock up 3rd, we pretty much locked up 2nd.

Celtics are gonna lock up 3rd anyways look at their remaining 3 games after tonight. Near impossible for Heat to make up that gap.

I'm patiently waiting for a potential series against the Celtics for a long time. Since the IT4 days 2016. Now it seems like the time has come. It's been a one sided rivalry with no playoffs history but we will this summer. I want this W so much...

Boston fans are amped up us much as we are and are ready to throw down over the foreseeable future. Toronto and Boston are very similar Alpha cities with two highly passionate fan bases and we have been on a collision course for quite some time with a lot of bad blood and a ton of closely contested games (xmas game aside). Successful management, rabid fanbase and on court product and both have 1 championship over the past 20 years. There are no two franchises that have more in common the east than Toronto and Boston over the past 5 years.

why our games is so late Sad

Blessing us with the Friday night's LeBron timeslot

This feels like a playoff game....but the Celtics needs this more than the Raps do. How about Norm or Siakam goes off?

Definitely has the potential to be a late season game between contenders that ends up being both underwhelming and completely meaningless with Stevens and Nurse experimenting with lineups and players holding back a little.

I'm here for the Kyle Lowry vs Marcus Smart matchup!

Boston has the best offense with an ORTG of 127.2. Our offense is pretty crap. 19th out of 22 teams with an ORTG of 105.2 On Defense, we're the best and Boston's defense is 16th at a 116.2 DRTG.

With a 4.5-game lead over the Celtics, who have four games left to play, but the Raptors having 5 games left to play, isn’t theoretically possible the two teams tie? And in that case Boston would have the tiebreaker yes?

Yes that's correct but for that to happen Celtics have to win out and raptors have to lose every game.

Let's officially secure the 2nd seed from Boston, by beating Boston.

F*** the 2 seed I just want to put the fear of god in the hearts of these garbagio Boston fans.

It's going to be a great game. Shocking (but not remotely shocking that 538 has the Celtics to win though. Those people...

They also predicted Hilary Clinton would be president...

Honestly Boston has such a solid starting line. Ours is solider though

Walker and Hayward are not good defenders let’s put them on the pick and roll

Hoping Siakam puts this him vs Tatum convo to bed.

Already a foul on Boston um hm

lakers fan dropping in for some mutual celtics hate

I love how the Celtics players can just say it's a non shooting foul and then the refs are like oh yeah you are right, they never do that for us. lol

Is Pascal seriously unable to back down Jaylen Brown?

someone tell the refs the Raptors are the home team

Of all people...Daniel **** Theis is going to go off tonight...

Is Theiss a known Raps killa?

Gasol is going to have a huge game. He has the size advantage over the whole Celtics team

Jaylen Brown is underrated tbh... he's like Boston's FVV

Jayson CHanning Tatum is a damn menace

I can’t believe people are more scared of the Heat than the Celtics who have a lot of offensive weapons and are top 5 in defense

I trust Nurse will adjust to Celtics' floaty defense.

I fear the Celtics honestly. I'd rather play the heat in the 2nd round.

Refs been bad as he**. Calls on us when Boston can do the same and it’s clean.

Celtics defence is surprisingly looking good. Raps are struggling on offence.

OK, that was a rough start but I am certain a raptor can eat a leprechaun

would be a bit nervous about a 2nd round match up with the Celtics

I legit can see then beating 76ers

Everyone is afraid of Robert **** Williams...OMG

Why do they always look like this against the Celticd

Theis gonna foul out, heard it here first

The Celtics aren't even that GOOD c'mon

Celtics are pretty good

They’re top 5 in defense for a reason stop sleeping on them

I don't think it was sanitizer they were using before the game, it was mislabeled basket repellent

The reason I'd rather face the heat: Butler has regressed badly in terms of his shooting and they rely heavily on their rookies: Nunn, Duncan Robinson, and Tyler Hierro, who have no play off experience. Celtics on the other hand...

I f***ing hate Hayward. Handsome f***

Nick Nurse looks like that uncle you golf with sometimes

I wonder if Masai can somehow poach Jaylen Brown. He's going to be an all-star

Haha I wish but no way Danny Ainge is letting go of him after that big contract he gave him

Celtics can be better in the playoffs cos their guys can create separation off the dribble better than we can in a tight game. Tatum is probably the best out of both teams. It is worrying to depend on the defense so much.

Lol it feels like Nurse and the Raptors taking it easy to see how the Celtics will play, whereas Brad stevens playing like its a playoffs game, they going extra hard lool. I aint even mad at this

Notice how tightly Celts are guarding our backcourt. They can't get room to shoot.

They're playing at Disney world, is it possible that someone accidentally switched out the rims for the ones they use in the carnival games?

Boston is playing great D. This must be what it's like playing against us.

Brad Stevens gonna call a TO every made 3

If they win they’re gonna be 3-1 against us they have the right to think that if they win

that celtics D is shutting us down so far

We're not beating boston in the 2nd round. They're too good.

Yeah I do not want Boston in the playoffs

I wrote the Celtics off but their D really impressing me.

Smart is like Lowrys little brother

Lol, this is one of THOSE type of games

You mean a game against a good team that’s actually playing defense?

We are not gonna get any calls this game

Celtics came out prepared. No surprises as Stevens is also a great coach

I never want to see another "Raptors are so underrated!" post again. Sickening display right now

I think Boston came in and punched us in the jaw, I trust our guys to figure out Boston.. even if it’s not this game

Why are Wanamaker and Williams giving us trouble?

Our only hope against the Celtics in the 2nd round is Hayward is having his baby around that same time lol

Starting to think we just flat out match up poorly with the Celtics

Celtics D is absolutely suffocating.

Even brad Wanamaker can hit shots off the dribble

I don't mind losing any other team, but I hate losing to Boston

Wanna know how to beat the raptors rotations? Send an out of control Gordon Hayward into the paint to undercut Gasols knees so he can't rotate. Perfect strategy.

Their bench players game to play. Props to them.

Celtics came to play and we didn't, simple as that

We aren’t getting any calls.

Don’t blame it on the refs, we can’t even shoot

Gordon Hayward can't pull off that mustache I wish someone on the Celtics have told him

Some things never change, Kemba still a b**ch

Kemba wipe that smug grin off your face

Rooting for the Pacers to keep winning so that Sixers face off vs Boston first round!

might as well have Mr. Magoo in there reffing

Lol at people blaming refs for our ~20% shooting

They have Jaylen on Siakam, why not just give Siakam some low post touches? He should be able to beat Jaylen one on one in the post.

Jaylen is a very good onball defender. He’s strong

Kemba be flopping

yo the boston coach fine as he** 👀

Ummm Brad Stevens?

yess, didnt know his name. thank you!

Refs are delaying the game, trying to figure out how to charge more us more fouls?

Get back on the bench Siakam

Can’t believe there is a post asking who’s the better player - Siakam or Tatum

Lol when Theis is shooting better than Siakam

Celtics are making us look silly on both ends of the floor.

Beating the Raptors is the closest thing the Celtics will get to winning the title. Trash a** team

Lmfao Theis can hit 3s

Theis has been hitting threes since last season

boston has some sort of voodoo magic on us lmao

Don't worry guys Lowry will activate his thicc booty hypnosis in the 2nd half and stun the Celtics!

give boston credit, they probably got sick of the media praising Toronto and came to play.

15 points is doable, but we are going to have to play twice as well and they will have to play like trash in the second half.

So in other words they have to play like us in the first half

If there’s any hope Boston is a terrible 3rd Q team they always blow big leads

Everytime Boston scores a 3 I feel the clot forming in my brain

Gotta give credit to the celtics man, they're a scary team and have the hunger right now to keep themselves in the race for 2nd.

Gettin cooked by Theis

Walker just gets under my skin with his too fresh attitude

Me and my homies hate theis

We need to win the bench minutes Celtics bench is pretty suspect

Tatum> Siakam lets get real people

Forget Tatum. Are we sure Siakam is better than Brown?

Kemba Walker a spot up shooter

Kemba is good

I don't like Walker

If they miss every three for the rest of the game we may have a chance.

Adam Silver to the refs: "Toronto is getting too hot. Slow them down!"

4 fouls on walker dont complain about refs

They just have 2 free throws more than us and they also have gotten as many or more bad calls. It's not the refs.

Damn, that was a clever foul by Kemba.

Tatum is a stud, he will be a superstar in a couple of years

Idk why everyone thinks that the raps matchup well with the Celtics

Boston’s ability to pack the paint and defend the perimeter is a huge problem for us.

The truth is Celtics is a tough opponent for us and this season whenever we played them it was always tough. Including that Christmas game. I have always feared Celtics in the playoff more than the heats. I hope more raptors fans will start realizing this and adjust their expectations.

Hats off to Boston as much as I hate saying that. They’re straight up outplaying us tonight.

This is all practise for the playoff run. Likely we’ll get Celtics at some point as well. This is tough man

This is what I expected after I saw so many of us clowning Tatum's bad game. What a shame

Gotta give credit to Boston team. They are prepared and locked in and we are not. Also, f*** Celtics 😂

Done with this ducking sport. We get crushed by jalen brown every game. He’s literally their worst player

Tatum>Siakam and it’s not even close....

There’s no way we’re beating this team in the 2nd round

I'm sorry but anyone blaming the refs for this game is not someone who's opinion should ever be taken seriously.

Tatum moves like a guard in a power forwards body.

I didn't think the opposing team getting it's largest lead is what a comeback is supposed to look like

Our most hated rival and this is what we come out with.

Celtics will smoke us in the second round. They're our worst matchup, even worse than the Bucks

I’m convinced Boston did some voodoo to make us forget how to shoot threes.

is that Kemba or Kobe

I want someone to take our Kenba’s knee I angry

Because you are obviously unable to spell I will assume that you are a moron and don't really know what you are saying, but wanting a player to injure Kemba's knee is stupid.

Honestly can Jaylen Brown please screw off with these 3's?

I stg if Enes Kanter says some cheeky sh** on twitter Trudeau better not let him come back to Canada

Feels like Celtics defeated me

The Celtics are what wiped out the dinosaurs bruh 😭😭

We're getting karate chops to the face down 30 jeez

Ibaka gonna poison Hayward on his cooking show after this

This is like watching a WNBA team vs an NBA team

can everybody in Boston hit jumpers?

Pretty much lol, their guards are all shot creators it’s wild.

Brad Wannamaker is gonna give me nightmares.

Beat us by 50 you cowards!

If Semi Ojelye is dropping 3's on us it's over

I’m not scared of the Celtics

Boston is just a terrible match up for us, I wanted to meet them in the playoffs the last few years as their fans are cocky and we had the better team, but now I hope we don’t see them.

I'm telling you guys now. Playoff preview. Don't have one guy on our team who can create offence now that whi is gone. Celtics have literally 4 shot creators.

Think of this way. They have to go through 76ers to get to us, we just need to handle Magic/Nets

The Celtics have way more points but they also let Stanley Johnson score so who really lost?

remember when orlando beat us by 30 last year in the regular season? raps in 5 still

The Celtics aren’t Orlando though...

At least our bench is playing better than the Celtics bench

We scored 43 in tbe 4th quarter. Can you imagine if we were more inspired or used the bench more?

Yeah, but they probably weren’t playing as hard in the end, you know with that 40pt lead over us and all...

Worst part of this loss is we have to wait till after G1 of the ECSF to start talking **** again, ****

I’m still talking ****, they’re frauds.

They're 1-3 against us this season, our lone win was a fluke powered by McCaw and Oshae, its kinda hard to talk **** to them lol

Unsportsmanlike 3 by Stanley imo, the Celtics just ate a turnover. Unnecessary.

I think that was the most painful game I've watched all season. I hate the celtics.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5

Post by dboss Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Bob I always enjoy these.

my favorite and there were several was

"They're playing at Disney world, is it possible that someone accidentally switched out the rims for the ones they use in the carnival games?"
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5 Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Bubble Game 5

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:44 am

We match up really well with them, love their own fans are saying how much better Tatum is than Siakim.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:14 pm

I don't think it was sanitizer they were using before the game, it was mislabeled basket repellent.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Unsportsmanlike 3 by Stanley imo, the Celtics just ate a turnover. Unnecessary.

I mentioned that on the Game On! thread. Nice to see one of their own fans thinks that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down