kdp59
worcester
cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

Should Danny Bring Back IT?

Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_lcap11%Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_lcap67%Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_lcap22%Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_lcap0%Should Danny Bring Back IT? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Should Danny Bring Back IT? Empty Should Danny Bring Back IT?

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:30 pm

He claims to be completely healthy.  OBVIOUSLY, that would have to be confirmed but, assuming it is, should Danny sign him to the MLE (at most!) for firepower off the bench because Lord Knows he can score?

Vote Cancelling is allowed, so you can reconsider and revote.

Multiple Choice is NOT allowed, so you can't vote for 'Yes' on IT and also vote for institutionalizing me.  If you want to rubberize my room you need to lead with that foot.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Should Danny Bring Back IT? Empty Re: Should Danny Bring Back IT?

Post by dboss Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Can he played defense better than KW?

I loved the Little Guy when he played for us. The sequence of events that led to his departure were tragic on many levels. I voted no but if he came back to replace one of the scrubs on the bench I would be ok with it.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:10 pm

I know Bob is nuts, but it might be worth a look, at least bring him in for a look, not expecting anything, but if he is healthy and can hit some 3’s at a high percentage....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm

I want to change my vote from institutionalizing Bob to giving IT a spot on the bench, replacing one of several scrubs. H
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:36 pm

The world has moved on.

Perhaps on a vet minimum contract, certainly not for the MLE.  

He would help spread out the regular season minutes, but many would regret his signing come playoff time.

When playoff starter minutes stretch into the 40's, IT won't get enough playing time to keep him happy.  Remember, his lack of height gets taken advantage of during the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:50 am

gyso wrote:The world has moved on.

Perhaps on a vet minimum contract, certainly not for the MLE.  

He would help spread out the regular season minutes, but many would regret his signing come playoff time.

When playoff starter minutes stretch into the 40's, IT won't get enough playing time to keep him happy.  Remember, his lack of height gets taken advantage of during the playoffs.

I agree 100%.

5-9 players don't become better defenders as they age AND they lose some f that quickness that allows them to be high level scorers when younger.

now if Ainge wants to give him a job in the front office, say....public relations and appearances ....I'd be fine with that!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:58 am

IT may have turned in one of the most memorable Celtic seasons on record.

That one may be best left as a nice memory.

I can't imagine him being happy in a reserve role with Boston and that is probably where he would land.

Maybe bring him back when he makes the transition to TV analyst.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:51 pm

NYCelt is 100% correct when he mentions that ITs great season needs to be his Celtics needs to be left as the absolute super memory that it was.

Bringing him back as bench player is not likely to go well for either the team or the player. I would doubt that it would even work if IT were even to say that he would gladly accept trying to earn a bench role.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:30 pm

On the bench we may have to give up defense to get a scorer. Anyone that can score consistently will do!

They real question to ask is have the Celtics ever brought someone back after they have left? Without looking, I'm going to guess that number/percentage is very close to zero if not zero.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:00 pm

dbrown4 wrote:On the bench we may have to give up defense to get a scorer.  Anyone that can score consistently will do!  

That sounds like it was copied from Enes Kanter's resume.   Very Happy

They real question to ask is have the Celtics ever brought someone back after they have left?  Without looking, I'm going to guess that number/percentage is very close to zero if not zero.

Employee No.8, Gary Payton, Don Chaney.   

db

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Wow! Im surprised at the voting results. 75% say no way but the posts indicated that the number is somewhat lower.

I think at this point IT would except any role that is offered with open arms.
Yes, he would be a liability defensively but boy we could sure use his fire power off the bench. I say, go for it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down