dbrown4
bobheckler
dboss
22 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hayward trade rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Hayward trade rumors

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Not a Turner fan. All those wishing for a GH trade, be careful what you wish for, I think this team will lose alot if he goes
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:57 pm

I would prefer GH to resign for 4 years for $80-84M.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Me too
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:43 pm

My preference is a long term extension for Hayward as well.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:10 pm

I was thinking 20 for 3 years or 60 million, but it is not my money!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:07 pm

GH already has $34 M guaranteed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Gordon is the second best all around player on the team. Keep him and trade Jaylen and picks for Giannis and the Celts have a a championship caliber team.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Hayward continues to be among the most talked about players league-wide when it comes to trade rumors.

With he draft fast approaching, that hasn't changed.

Do the Celtics need him? Absolutely not in my opinion. His skills are incredibly redundant with other wings on the roster and are probably already totally eclipsed by Tatum and Brown.

Is there a market for him? Again, in my opinion, absolutely not. Too high a risk at too high a price. I doubt he's ready to test out the free agent waters once eligible because he knows he would be accepting less money to move.

He's an excellent player when healthy, maybe still among the best wings around. He's just not a must-have need in Boston any longer. Despite that, I think he stays. When you look at his total picture, where else can he go? I think Hayward and Boston are more or less stuck with each other. I can think of worse problems for both. His contract does hurt the team's ability to strengthen the roster, which is the biggest downside. He'll still do a good job in Boston next season, so there is consolation for him and the team in that.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Saying being stuck with GH is like saying I was stuck with Brigitte Bardot in a marriage. If he signs a four year $80-84M deal and stays healthy we will be in better shape as a team than if we traded him for lesser talents. But for Sabonis, ok then.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Sorry NY Celt, I totally disagree with you on this one. Look at the stats of how good the team when all five starters were playing together. Even the stats when Kemba was out, Gordon has such a big effect on what is going on on the floor. it is not always scoring, her rebounds so well, he sets others up and teams have to respect him when he is out there. I know everyone is hung up on the salary, but think back to when he signed that contract Who could have ever imagined what would transpire. If the Celtics did not sign him, Miami would have. I believe he belongs on this team.

Sure, I would love for him to renegotiate his contract, spread it out and add a couple more years, I just do not know what is going on in his head or Danny's, There is still unfinished business here, and if that first five minutes of his first game could be wiped out, God knows how we would be talking today.

I do believe Danny will do what is best for the Celtics and not let his feelings get in the way. He has said repeatedly that GH was a valuable member of this team.. I guess we will find out how valuable in five days
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:23 pm

I would be just fine if Hayward resigned with us, although I do have some serious concerns about his ability to stay on the court.  Forgetting about that awful first game of that awful first year he played 72 games the next year (not bad) but only 52 out of a total of 72 this past year.  We also know he only played in 5 playoff games this year.  They're "normal injuries", meaning they're not injuries that seem to recur because he has a systemic weakness in a joint or bone, but they seem to happen often.  Do we really want to sign a player with his history of missing games, and who will be 31 in March, to a 4 year contract?

Gordon's a player, no doubt about it.  I'm fine with him resigning, albeit with the caveats I've listed above, but I'm ok with Danny passing on giving him a long-term contract too.  If it comes down to that just work with us to get someone good for you, Gordon, and there's no hard feelings.  You get your long-term security, your new team gets you and Danny recovers some value for us.  If you're not to be in green for the rest of your career that's the best case scenario for all.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:38 pm

I will agree with you there, this should be an amicable parting if it is to happen. Maybe getting away from all this is what he wants. I will agree there, and I do feel there should be some giving on both sides. God, I wish this was over!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:29 pm

If I'm  Hayward, the 4th option on a young team I would leave and pick where I want to go.  I still see Indy as the most likely destination.  And if that is the case Indy and Boston should do a trade.

I do not believe that Danny is looking to do a multi-year contract unless it would make it easier to move GH down the road.  

We are just days now from finding out what is true and what is not.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:59 pm

UPDATE:  GORDON HAYWARD DOESN'T HAVE TO OPT IN/OUT UNTIL THURSDAY.L, THE DAY AFTER THE DRAFT.

A little kick in the teeth to Danny.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Per Keith Smith’s twitter, deadline for Hayward to decide is tomorrow

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:33 pm

KyleCleric wrote:Per Keith Smith’s twitter, deadline for Hayward to decide is tomorrow

Kyle,

A lot of mixed signals here.

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 17 minutes ago
New: Gordon Hayward doesn't have to make a decision about his player option until Thursday.

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 20 minutes ago
Gordon Hayward has not decided on his $34.1 M option yet, and has until 5 p.m. tomorrow to exercise it. The Celtics have myriad options of their own to still consider. League source: "All I can say is that a lot of people want him."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Keep Hayward. Sign Baynes and Rondo and you have a winning eight man rotation. What we are missing is some mature floor generalship and the only person on the roster right now with that is GH. Add Rondo and you have that off the bench as well. At center we just need a beefy big like Baynes. This is a very young team that has made the ECF. Walker and Hayward were at less than 100% in the playoffs. Smart, Walker, Brown, and Tatum were all a little immature in their play under stress. We need another year of experience, a healthy starting five, better maturity on the floor (sorry Brad, but sometimes you need it on the floor, not just from the sidelines), and a solid defense at the 5 against the super bigs. We don't need to start throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Atcross,
Great option. Unfortunately, the only way to get RR and Baynes is to pay them MLE (~$5M) and vet. min. I don't think it's gonna work.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 am

sinus007 wrote:Atcross,
Great option. Unfortunately, the only way to get RR and Baynes is to pay them MLE (~$5M) and vet. min. I don't think it's gonna work.

AK

I don't pretend to understand the numbers. I didn't retire to do that kind of work. But I wonder if a sign and trade might work. JTOL Maybe the experts here could come up with something. In the Miami series I ached to have Rondo out there settling the boys down and dissecting the Heat. And with Theis, Baynes, and RWIII I think we have all we need at 5. Give us a playoff rotation of Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Theis, Smart, Rondo, and Baynes, and we have a shot at the finals. Without Rondo the Lakers are not the same playoff team.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:15 am

Agreed Atcross. Agreed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:27 pm

Hayward has until 5PM tonight to opt in or out.
I'm not buying anything written (this morning and yesterday's examples below) that says he still hasn't decided.
I'm sure he knows, too big a decision not to. He's just not saying yet. We'll know by 5PM.

30 seconds ago – via Mark Murphy @ Boston Herald
Gordon Hayward has until then to decide on exercising his $34.1 million player option, restructuring with his team of the last three, mostly snake-bitten seasons, or, perhaps, continuing his NBA career somewhere else. According to two league sources, the playmaking power forward hadn’t made up his mind on picking up the option as of Monday night, one expressing the belief that Hayward would ultimately opt in and remain with the Celtics.
Top Rumors, Free Agency, Gordon Hayward, Boston Celtics

31 seconds ago – via Mark Murphy @ Boston Herald
The other pointed to what is sizing up as a ripe market. “All I know is that there’s a lot of people who want him,” said the source. Should Hayward decline his option and pursue free agency, it would mark the second straight year that the Celtics lost a prime rotational player in this fashion, with Al Horford’s flight last season to Philadelphia registering a shock cross the league.
18 hours ago – via Twitter Murf56

18 hours ago – via Twitter Murf56
Mark Murphy: Gordon Hayward has not decided on his $34.1 M option yet, and has until 5 p.m. tomorrow to exercise it. The Celtics have myriad options of their own to still consider. League source: “All I can say is that a lot of people want him.”
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:54 pm

I think GH stays because $32 million is not chicken feed. He will have an option next year to become an UFA and sign a new deal with the Celtics or some other team.

Rumors have a way of leaking out. It seems really surprising that we have not heard from GH or Danny. I think GH has made his decision but the door may be open for Danny to do something on draft night. I think that Boston is not ready to do a new deal but at the same time GH does not have to get a new deal until next year.

The tension is thick enough to cut it with a knife.

I think that truth will come from logic. If you were GH would you take the money this year or take less somewhere else? If you were Danny would you be looking to do a new deal on a guy where your ROI is still in the red?

In the end, we will find that both parties will agree that his option this year should be to stay.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm

not what you meant, but......

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:13 pm

kdp59 wrote:not what you meant, but......

Like+++++
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:32 pm

atcross wrote:Keep Hayward. Sign Baynes and Rondo and you have a winning eight man rotation. What we are missing is some mature floor generalship and the only person on the roster right now with that is GH. Add Rondo and you have that off the bench as well. At center we just need a beefy big like Baynes. This is a very young team that has made the ECF. Walker and Hayward were at less than 100% in the playoffs. Smart, Walker, Brown, and Tatum were all a little immature in their play under stress. We need another year of experience, a healthy starting five, better maturity on the floor (sorry Brad, but sometimes you need it on the floor, not just from the sidelines), and a solid defense at the 5 against the super bigs. We don't need to start throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Atcross

Those would be good deals but without CAP space how the hell do you make that work. The MLE is limited. I think you could get one of them but not both. So I would probably resign Rondo. Baynes, Theis, R Williams, Kanter, Poirier, Fall and Grant all have one thing in common. None of them are quality starting centers. Theis is the best of them all. This team is in serious need of an upgrade to their front line. Simply put we need to get more athletic. If someone can guarantee that in year 3 RWIII blows up then we can live with that.

My biggest concern for this team is the health of Kemba Walker. A rookie PG is not ready to step in and run this team.

I think Danny wants to move up in the draft to upgrade his frontline. I also think it important that the Celtics do not turn this team over again. It seems that every year there are too many new faces.
Danny should look to consolidate his roster .
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next